e85 Questions

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice. I should be pretty close to 800whp according to Lund...
I'm sure very close, you're spinning your 2.8 KB pretty good. I just put those GR12S plugs in, so I'll keep you posted on how they do.
Just dynod my car, 666rwhp/626rwtq. Fuel pump duty cycle was around 65% and injector around the same. Timing is at 23* and the fuel rail pressure was dropping at the top of the pull.
Are you running stock rails? Maybe switch up to some bigger rails. I'm running the Fore fuel rails with a dash 8 feed hose.

rfugio68

Established Member
I'm sure very close, you're spinning your 2.8 KB pretty good. I just put those GR12S plugs in, so I'll keep you posted on how they do.

Are you running stock rails? Maybe switch up to some bigger rails. I'm running the Fore fuel rails with a dash 8 feed hose.
Yeah stock rails, is the 8 feed hose the one that goes between the rails?

wanna list your mods? Just curious what you have going.

Trinity tvs, 67mm tb, 2.5" pulley, jlt 123mm, Orx, c&R heat exchanger, dual bap, id1000

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah stock rails, is the 8 feed hose the one that goes between the rails?

Trinity tvs, 67mm tb, 2.5" pulley, jlt 123mm, Orx, c&R heat exchanger, dual bap, id1000

Yes 8 feed hose between the rails, but it holds so much more fuel than the stock rails. It's definitely worth looking into IMO.

builttodrive

Established Member
Trinity tvs, 67mm tb, 2.5" pulley, jlt 123mm, Orx, c&R heat exchanger, dual bap, id1000[/QUOTE]

Your duty cycles seem really low. you are on E85 with just boost a pumps, ID1000, and otherwise stock fuel system?

rfugio68

Established Member
Yes 8 feed hose between the rails, but it holds so much more fuel than the stock rails. It's definitely worth looking into IMO.
Yeah I'll look into it, I'm on my 3rd tank and the car leans out when I shift gears. Maybe they'll help.

Your duty cycles seem really low. you are on E85 with just boost a pumps, ID1000, and otherwise stock fuel system?[/QUOTE]

Yes, that's what I thought as well. I was expecting at least 80% but the highest it hit was 75%. I used sct livewire to log it.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah I'll look into it, I'm on my 3rd tank and the car leans out when I shift gears. Maybe they'll help.

Your duty cycles seem really low. you are on E85 with just boost a pumps, ID1000, and otherwise stock fuel system?

Yes, that's what I thought as well. I was expecting at least 80% but the highest it hit was 75%. I used sct livewire to log it.[/QUOTE]

Who's your tuner?

builttodrive

Established Member
Well it was a nice day here so I decided to go data log my car and see if these new Deatsch Werks DW300M pumps were worth it. My mod list is in my signature and the only changes made were the new pumps swapped in to replace the stock ones. The tune was unchanged and though the car runs exactly as before I have been told the tune may possibly need to be tweaked for these new pumps to fine tune them.

One other note I was previously using a SCT X3 hendheld device and liveLink 6.5 to data log. I just recently purchased an SCT X4 and I used the LiveLink GEN-II this time around. On my previous data logs I was able to log injector duty cycle but for the X4 and GEN-II I couldn't find injector duty cycle in the pid list.

This outing it was about 70* out and I made my pull to 6k just for a baseline data log to send to my tuner. A/f Ratios on my gauge were showing in 10.0 range and they stayed there through the entire pull. My fuel pump duty cycles showed to be in the 90% range. I'm not sure where my injectors were at. It looks that the gain from stock pumps to these has been minimal so far for my set up but I am pretty rich and seeing where the injectors are at would be nice. I will send my log to my tuner and see what he thinks.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Well I have been running the Brisk GR12S plugs for about a week now. The car definitely idles smother than TR7IX plugs and seem to have smother acceleration over all. Worth the money IMO.

jazz

Established Member
Well I have been running the Brisk GR12S plugs for about a week now. The car definitely idles smother than TR7IX plugs and seem to have smother acceleration over all. Worth the money IMO.

Thanks bud. I'll be ordering those soon

rfugio68

Established Member
Do the fuel pumps, socks or any other fuel system component corrode with e85? If so how fast do they corrode?

Also car is running GREAT, computer says 8mpg average but I'm getting 150 miles per tank. Not bad.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Thought Id pop in with a few things.

TR7IX isn't to cold for e85. Just make sure and gap them correctly. Here's a plug primer that I wrote over on FordGT500.com
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/64-vmp-performance/134690-spark-plugs-101-a.html

We're a huge Brisk dealer. We race them, tune with them, drive them. They CAN be a little finicky in certain applications. GR14YS for less than 17psi of boost, GR12YS for more than that. Pre-gapped.

Testing fuel. If you're tuned for e85 and you're not testing to e85 you can have problems. You're inserting the Stoich point into the fueling portion of the tune. If its different than what it's tuned for you can be very lean (or rich) in a hurry and you KNOW it's going to be at WOT :) TEST your fuel every time. If it's not e85 it won't make much difference at low load/cruise other then getting crappy (er) mpg. But at WOT, it makes a difference. Make sure your fuel IS e85 or that you adjust your tune for whatever came out of the pump.

bj

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
Thought Id pop in with a few things.

TR7IX isn't to cold for e85. Just make sure and gap them correctly. Here's a plug primer that I wrote over on FordGT500.com
http://www.fordgt500.com/forums/64-vmp-performance/134690-spark-plugs-101-a.html

We're a huge Brisk dealer. We race them, tune with them, drive them. They CAN be a little finicky in certain applications. GR14YS for less than 17psi of boost, GR12YS for more than that. Pre-gapped.

Testing fuel. If you're tuned for e85 and you're not testing to e85 you can have problems. You're inserting the Stoich point into the fueling portion of the tune. If its different than what it's tuned for you can be very lean (or rich) in a hurry and you KNOW it's going to be at WOT :) TEST your fuel every time. If it's not e85 it won't make much difference at low load/cruise other then getting crappy (er) mpg. But at WOT, it makes a difference. Make sure your fuel IS e85 or that you adjust your tune for whatever came out of the pump.

bj

Good info, BJ, I'm currently running the Brisk GR12S and I see on your website you sell GR12YS, what's the difference between the two? And in AZ the best I have seen is E80 but I'm adjusted for that, and one last question, I'm running the nGauge and I monitor Knock, I notice I get -2.0 knock count. I'm assuming that means it's adding timing. And +knock is pulling timing.

Users who are viewing this thread