e85 pumps for returnless

Demonio

Established Member
hello, im building a terminator swap but was planning on using the eaton with a 2.76 and 4 pound lower, as far as fuel sytem goes, going to have to go returnless, here is the big part, i have stock cobra rails,feed line and cobra tank,got a moddified fpdm,40 amp boost a pump, so i need a fuel hat and also pumps but dont know what is the biggest pump that i can use on e85 returnless that will work on my set up, please let me know thanks

badbiach

"Frame Twistin!"
Established Member
hello, im building a terminator swap but was planning on using the eaton with a 2.76 and 4 pound lower, as far as fuel sytem goes, going to have to go returnless, here is the big part, i have stock cobra rails,feed line and cobra tank,got a moddified fpdm,40 amp boost a pump, so i need a fuel hat and also pumps but dont know what is the biggest pump that i can use on e85 returnless that will work on my set up, please let me know thanks
04Sleeper should be in soon to answer your ? But I assume he may tell you to just pony up and get return system.

Demonio

Established Member
yeah i would love to pony up but still building the motor and need a tranny so if it cant be done, then guess i would have to do regular 91, but would love to run e85 with this set up and then when i get cash for a 3.4 i will def pony up for a complete return system. just want to know if possible and what do i need. maybe a part list will help with price but i just cant do 2gs on fuel sytem.

Last edited:

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
I would say do 2 gt supercar pumps if u want to stick with returnless. A guy s couple hours away from me runs e85 with upper only tho n doesnt have any issues

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I ran a Fore Hat, Twin GT Pumps, Dual FPDM,s, 40 AMP BAP, Wiring Upgrade, -8 line, stock rails, and 80# injectors on my04. It was easily enough for over 700 RWHP on my 2.3 Whipple set up at 22 psi.

I would say with your set up go with two GT pumps and 80# injectors and you will have plenty of fuel.

Demonio

Established Member
If I go return like most people reccomend, will the budget kit from lethal performance can handle this set up on e85? Or what would I have to do to make it work, any one has a set up part list of exactly what I need to build a return system fairly priced new?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
If I go return like most people reccomend, will the budget kit from lethal performance can handle this set up on e85? Or what would I have to do to make it work, any one has a set up part list of exactly what I need to build a return system fairly priced new?
The Lethal Performance Budget Kit should be just fine with what you are building. Add a set of 80# injectors and sell the modded FPDM to recoupe some of the cost.

I would however keep the BAP just to help regulate voltage to the pumps.

Demonio

Established Member
To late I just sold the 40amp boost a pump :(
The Lethal Performance Budget Kit should be just fine with what you are building. Add a set of 80# injectors and sell the modded FPDM to recoupe some of the cost.

I would however keep the BAP just to help regulate voltage to the pumps.

Demonio

Established Member
Well I'm trying to piece a budget friendly return system anyone has ideas of where to get fittings lines and fuel hat with 405 for a good price? Or part list of return system?

03mustang92

1of154
Established Member
Well I'm trying to piece a budget friendly return system anyone has ideas of where to get fittings lines and fuel hat with 405 for a good price? Or part list of return system?

I did my own fuel system and ill give u a rundown of wat i all bought

1. -8an 20' stainless braided hose - 85
2. 2 walbro 255's off of ebay - 160
3. modified my fuel hat to work like returnless - 25
4. russell fuel filter - 26
5. aeromotive fuel pressure regulator - 160
6. aeromotive fuel rails - 240
7. female to male fittings for the rails and a T to distribute to both rails - 40 bucks (kelley supply)
8. assorted -8an fittings and 2 special quick connects that connect to fords quick connects - 120ish
9. used my stock feed as my return - free
10. submersible fuel hose - 20

i think thats about it.....

spend the extra 100 dollars and get a good fuel hat and everything

Lethal Performance 99-04 4V Budget Return Style Fuel System - Lethal Performance Fuel Systems - Fuel Systems - Fuel Delivery - 03-04 SVT Cobra

Demonio

Established Member
Well just purchased a fore hat with 405 pumps so now I just need the rest lol. So I think the hat and pumps I be ok now I have to find all fittings fuel lines and something to make it work on stock cobra rails.

Demonio

Established Member
That's actually price range set up I'm looking for. Anyone else has something like this with the new fore hat?
I did my own fuel system and ill give u a rundown of wat i all bought

1. -8an 20' stainless braided hose - 85
2. 2 walbro 255's off of ebay - 160
3. modified my fuel hat to work like returnless - 25
4. russell fuel filter - 26
5. aeromotive fuel pressure regulator - 160
6. aeromotive fuel rails - 240
7. female to male fittings for the rails and a T to distribute to both rails - 40 bucks (kelley supply)
8. assorted -8an fittings and 2 special quick connects that connect to fords quick connects - 120ish
9. used my stock feed as my return - free
10. submersible fuel hose - 20

i think thats about it.....

spend the extra 100 dollars and get a good fuel hat and everything

Lethal Performance 99-04 4V Budget Return Style Fuel System - Lethal Performance Fuel Systems - Fuel Systems - Fuel Delivery - 03-04 SVT Cobra

Demonio

Established Member
Ok so I got a budget fore kit, with the 405 pumps, but I have to use my feed line and stock rails, n filter and wire one pump on all time and te second I was told to do a hobb switch, any thoughts on this set up, should I upgrade the feed line and do a mesh filter or ford stock filter be fine ?

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I would upgrade to a -8 fuel line and mesh filter. If anything you can mount the filter half wasy up the frame rail making it easier to get to when you want to change it.

Demonio

Established Member
Can I do the filter close to the rails like in the engine compartment or does it need to be close to the pumps ?
I would upgrade to a -8 fuel line and mesh filter. If anything you can mount the filter half wasy up the frame rail making it easier to get to when you want to change it.

Users who are viewing this thread