e85 goes lean at 3k

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Do you re-enter a different stoich value every time you fill up...based on testing?

no I do not. I originally tuned the car on E78-ish. The stoich goes UP with less ethanol content although some graphs Ive found say the change is much lower. For instance one says E78 would be around 10.05-10.1 Stoich. We tried 10.2 and 10.4 but car didnt want to idle. 10.6 and idled perfect. I have since put tested E85 in the car and it went a little richer but thats all.

saleencobra

Established Member
He didnt say how much but ill find out when I go pick it up here in an hour. He said he made 25 lbs of boost which I thought with the cams and long tubes I would only see 22.

my god do not beat on the car with that kind of boost on pump gas. You'll have way more problem's i'm surprised he made a full pass seeing that kind of boost..

SpittinCobra

Established Member
my god do not beat on the car with that kind of boost on pump gas. You'll have way more problem's i'm surprised he made a full pass seeing that kind of boost..

I doubt he made a full pass. He's been doing this for many years and I trust my car in his hands. He's the tuner that would rather be safe then sorry.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
well just got my test kit and tested the 5 gallons i had left over from when i drained it out and it tested 91 percent.

leave it open to the air? content goes up when the gas evaporates

I would try it again...its alot safer than 93

SpittinCobra

Established Member
leave it open to the air? content goes up when the gas evaporates

I would try it again...its alot safer than 93

It was stored in a new gas can. When I opened it you could hear pressure release. I'm gonna do the switch after I get back from Chicago this weekend.

I should be able to add a little gas to it and bring it back to 85 correct?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
there are calculators online but they are usually for something like 100% ethanol and to make the desired amount. not to go form E91 to E85. Maybe there is one online?

I would leave it...just be sure to test the gas the next few times before putting it in bc a lower E content will make it go a couple points leaner.

gt347mustang

Established Member
anybody that passed 5th grade math could tell you how much 93 you need to add to the e91 to blend it back down.

Does your 93 have any ethanol in it? some places around here add 10%-15% ethanol to the regular gasoline.

EDIT: Can somebody tell me how to post an excel sheet? I made a quick spreadsheet showing how to mix the fuel.

Last edited:

SpittinCobra

Established Member
I would leave it...just be sure to test the gas the next few times before putting it in bc a lower E content will make it go a couple points leaner.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't lower e content make it go richer as it would have more gas in it

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I would leave it...just be sure to test the gas the next few times before putting it in bc a lower E content will make it go a couple points leaner.

Wouldn't lower e content make it go richer as it would have more gas in it[/QUOTE]

right right...backwards. Summer to winter is ok....winter to summer is not ok

gt347mustang

Established Member
e85content.jpg

if somebody tells me how to post a link to an excel file, ill post this up.

Looks like you need to add 0.4 gallons of pump gas if the ethanol content in your pump is 10%

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread