e85 goes lean at 3k

Teej281

Established Member
sounds like one hell of a time with this one. lol It sounds to me like water as well. Because when you're adding fuel its getting leaner. Gas stations are supposed to have(at least to my knowledge anyways) a water monitoring system for their tanks, especially these days with ethanol-enriched fuels. So maybe that system went bad and they didnt notice or something and got water in the tank.

Whatever is ailing you snake, let it pass quickly and quietly.

SpittinCobra

Established Member
sounds like one hell of a time with this one. lol It sounds to me like water as well. Because when you're adding fuel its getting leaner. Gas stations are supposed to have(at least to my knowledge anyways) a water monitoring system for their tanks, especially these days with ethanol-enriched fuels. So maybe that system went bad and they didnt notice or something and got water in the tank.

Whatever is ailing you snake, let it pass quickly and quietly.

It's been a pain in the ass for the past 4 months. But its getting close to being finished. Looks like I gotta think about this all weekend as my tuner took her car to Mich. To race and wont be back til sunday.

Teej281

Established Member
Very nice, got a lady tuner on our hands! Thats awesome! Best of luck! Try throwing some water remover into the tank and see if that helps out at all?

SpittinCobra

Established Member
Very nice, got a lady tuner on our hands! Thats awesome! Best of luck! Try throwing some water remover into the tank and see if that helps out at all?

Yeah my phone like to change my words. My tuner isn't a chick but that would be nice if there were some out there

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
tuner has done other E85 cobras?

the switch from gas to e85 is pretty simple in the tune. I would test the gas (you should always anyways) and try it again.

SpittinCobra

Established Member
Just got a call from tuner and he said car made crazy power with the 93 in it. So must have been same bad e85. Now I need to get a test kit and find some good fuel so we can go after that e85 power

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Just got a call from tuner and he said car made crazy power with the 93 in it. So must have been same bad e85. Now I need to get a test kit and find some good fuel so we can go after that e85 power

you should always test it. if you didnt test it how did you know what to put in for a stoich?

SpittinCobra

Established Member
He didnt say how much but ill find out when I go pick it up here in an hour. He said he made 25 lbs of boost which I thought with the cams and long tubes I would only see 22.

Users who are viewing this thread