Dyno #'s CAI, TB, Headers (Before/After)

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Just got back from Big Shot Dyno in Hudson OH...
Got my baseline numbers: 398 hp/ 387 tq STD ...A/F was dead flat at 12.7
Current Mods are: Kooks AB no resonators, MRT Max Flow H-Pipe & 93 oct VMP Tune.

CYMERA_20140826_103335_zps0113cb96.jpg

I will be installing my AirAid CAI & Accufab TB now...then heading back up to the shop this afternoon for the "After Dyno"
They will be installing the Kooks Super Street headers tomorrow and doing an after dyno of that as well. I will post all the results!

Last edited:

ExTurbo

Established Member
Just got back from Big Shot Dyno in Hudson OH...
Got my baseline numbers: 398 hp/ 387 tq STD ...A/F was dead flat at 12.7
Current Mods are: Kooks AB no resonators, MRT Max Flow H-Pipe & 93 oct VMP Tune.

CYMERA_20140826_103335_zps32c380a8.gif

I will be installing my AirAid CAI & Accufab TB now...then heading back up to the shop this afternoon for the "After Dyno"
They will be installing the Kooks Super Street headers tomorrow and doing an after dyne of that as well. I will post all the results!

Good luck! i picked up about 30hp from headers (still stock TB)

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Installed my CAI & TB today, back to the dyno tonight!
The car has definitely picked up some throttle response...feels SMOOTH and pulls hard!

211cac05-d0ed-431d-9322-bba2e999f200_zpsb6c18b64.jpg

CYMERA_20140826_141555_zpseb4af422.jpg

Last edited:

466roller

Established Member
Nice to a thread with results posted like this. Same dyno/ same day. Should b pretty stout with the headers added into the mix, congrats. Where there any changes made to the tune on the dyno?

burnin4

Car Junkie
Established Member
yep, cool to see the before's and after's for each upgrade, looking forward to seeing the gains from the headers. Do you have stock baseline #'s?

Last edited:

fred50stang

Established Member
Thanks for posting. :beer: I have been looking for results of one step at a time modifications like what your doing.

Back in the 90's when everyone was modifying fox's, that was the norm to do what your doing and post results. Today, everyone seems to throw the kitchen sink at these cars and presto....800rwhp. lol.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Thanks for posting. :beer: I have been looking for results of one step at a time modifications like what your doing.

Nice to a thread with results posted like this. Same dyno/ same day.
Yeah I figured if I was to post any numbers ppl would have ripped me for it NOT being same day/same dyno...so the only way to do it to prove to myself the gains was this way. Really hoping for 417/402 after the headers, we will see tomorrow!

The Tune was not changed from the first run (398) to the last run (407) only the parts added.
Do you have stock baseline #'s?
My STOCK dyno runs were done on a completely different dyno in another state in a different time of the yr....BUT the #s were
381/369 link to the graph here: http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums... Cali Special/FordRebatefrnt_zps42890564.jpeg

Last edited:

usnfenix

GM recall advisor
Established Member
your results prove one of my posts from earlier, about how alot of these mods advertised HP gains are in the upper RPM range and not down low, your graph shows basically a exact same HP and TQ until upper RPM is achieved as opposed to being down low like in street use. headers will most likely reflect same result, same HP and TQ down low and when the exhaust really needs to breathe up top thats when your gains will take place.

out of curiosity you should put another debate to bed by removing the CAI and re-installing the factory airbox and doing a dyno pull exactly as your car sits right now and then re add the CAI and do another or just compare to the above posted graph. im sure these CAI's reflect gains when in a shop and with the hood popped and a fan spraying on them but as thats not how we drive our cars im uneasy on believing that the CAI's for these cars really does much at all over the factory setup. not saying anything negative about your setup at all OP, nice gains and proved that these bolt ons do what they advertise. im sure throttle response is better and the car is fun to drive lol.

INEEDA_TERMI

Established Member
your results prove one of my posts from earlier, about how alot of these mods advertised HP gains are in the upper RPM range and not down low, your graph shows basically a exact same HP and TQ until upper RPM is achieved as opposed to being down low like in street use. headers will most likely reflect same result, same HP and TQ down low and when the exhaust really needs to breathe up top thats when your gains will take place.

out of curiosity you should put another debate to bed by removing the CAI and re-installing the factory airbox and doing a dyno pull exactly as your car sits right now and then re add the CAI and do another or just compare to the above posted graph. im sure these CAI's reflect gains when in a shop and with the hood popped and a fan spraying on them but as thats not how we drive our cars im uneasy on believing that the CAI's for these cars really does much at all over the factory setup. not saying anything negative about your setup at all OP, nice gains and proved that these bolt ons do what they advertise. im sure throttle response is better and the car is fun to drive lol.

He would need a retune to swap cold air intakes. MAF housing size is different, at which point the test would be irrelevant because it would be tuned as well. If he swaps to the no tune cai, then there probably won't be any gains that are measurable.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member

LTs will give him a good punch on the low end TQ and pretty decent gains under the curve. That has already been proven with LTs.

Kornilov

Established Member
Cant see the graphs at work, but numbers look stout.

Correct me if Im wrong, but your baseline seems just a touch on the high end. On most forums, I remember seeing 360-370 range for most stock Coyotes. Nothing out of the ordinary though - you have a good healthy motor.

slick3

Established Member
Are you running Cats on that MAXflow H pipe? Great numbers, im excited to see what the Kooks SS do for you. I basically have everything you just put on sitting in my garage waiting for me to get off my ass.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Cant see the graphs at work, but numbers look stout.

Correct me if Im wrong, but your baseline seems just a touch on the high end. On most forums, I remember seeing 360-370 range for most stock Coyotes. Nothing out of the ordinary though - you have a good healthy motor.

I put down 378/365 SAE and 387/375 STD on a humid October morning in Dallas, maybe 65-70° outside, 70% humidity. His number aren't far off.

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
your results prove one of my posts from earlier, about how alot of these mods advertised HP gains are in the upper RPM range and not down low,
out of curiosity you should put another debate to bed by removing the CAI and re-installing the factory airbox and doing a dyno pull exactly as your car sits right now.
Yeah below 4k rpm its pretty much the same..
Im not gonna spend the extra money to do another dyno tune with just the TB on.
He would need a retune to swap cold air intakes. MAF housing size is different,
No, this CAI is the "With insert" AirAid that supposedly does NOT need a tune. I did not retune when I put it on to do the after dyno.
LTs will give him a good punch on the low end TQ and pretty decent gains under the curve. That has already been proven with LTs.
Im having the Kooks Shorties installed though....not LTs.
Those are some solid gains. Did you pay full retail for the TB though?
I got the TB at a discounted price of $400...and $200 for the CAI....headers were used as well $500. ($1100 total not counting install of headers & dyno runs)
C
Correct me if Im wrong, but your baseline seems jst a touch on the high end. On most forums, I remember seeing 360-370 range for most stock Coyotes. Nothing out of the ordinary though - you have a good healthy motor.
The "Baselione" was NOT stock...it was my baseline before this round of mods...(CAI, TB, Headers) I do have a stock dyno graph that showed 381/369 was without tune, AB, Midpipe
Are you running Cats on that MAXflow H pipe? Great numbers, im excited to see what the Kooks SS do for you. I basically have everything you just put on sitting in my garage waiting for me to get off my ass.
The MRT Max-Flow comes standard with hi-flow cats yes....

ON ANOTHER NOTE...One thing that is NOT shown with these dyno numbers is the outstanding increase in throttle response! The car feel REAL good and strong when YOU want it. Not quite a drive by cable but a MUCH improved drive by wire system now!!

Last edited:

Justin81

Established Member
Subscribed. I'd like to explore that throttle body. Looks like you can put the stock one inside of it. Mind if I ask where you got it?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Oh, so you are still keeping the cats? Why not go ahead and pull that venturi insert and let that TB really choke down some air!?

Users who are viewing this thread