Dyno Results

reldla1996

Established Member
Just got the car dyno'd, made 465 rwhp and 486 rwtq, at 5900 rpm (for peak hp). Boost was at 14.9 psi up to 4500 rpm, and then started dropping, down to 12.7 psi at max power. AFR was tracking just under 12. The intercooler temps were hanging right around 110 throughout the rpm's (AFCO heat exchanger). Not sure if the boost should drop like that, or the belt is slipping a little. Mods include a 3" pulley, JLT 12" high boost intake, Magnaflow cats, and Borla exhaust. I planned to install a 2.8" pulley, but the previous owner broke a bolt off in the pulley snout, so I'll need to pick up a new snout over the winter. I'm good with the results!

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
That does seem like alot of boost for a 3in upper. Are those dyno numbers sae or std?

derockgt

Established Member
maybe it has a lower on it?:shrug: OP where did you get your car tuned and dynoed? i used to live in dayton, just curious. my old tune was done at precision motorsports in Xenia.

GoGreen04

Established Member
Maybe it's ported? I've got a steggy stage IV 2.93 and 4lb combo pushing 17.5lbs-19lbs getting tuned next week! Those are good numbers for the mods.

reldla1996

Established Member
Got it done at Dayton Performance. The JLT high boost includes an effective 105mm MA, which is big, and which increases boost over most other intakes. My exhaust is on the mild side, which would limit boost loss from that side of the equation. The car is at 15k miles, which probably helps a little. It's not ported that I know of, it all looked factory when I bought it except the pulley and a K&N filter. Hey, just as all dynos read differently on HP, they can also read differently on the boost side of the measurement....

Users who are viewing this thread