Dyno Results With Videos: CJ Intake Stock Long Block + AED + FTW = FTW

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
so $1350 for the intake and tb?
Thats expensive but not crazy bad because i could sell my ported boss to help fund it. Have a guess how much power i would gain with this setup over a ported boss with stock tb?

15-20. If you shop around, 1200 shipped for both.

Last edited:

corysmach1

Established Member
15-20. If you shop around, 1200 shipped for both.

Thats not bad at all...between the intake andTb change and the addition of longtubes i would love to gain 30rwhp as I am already on E85. Can you explain how your gonna fabricate a 4.5 inch intake? Hell i would even be interested in paying you to make one for me if i go this route.

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Thats not bad at all...between the intake andTb change and the addition of longtubes i would love to gain 30rwhp as I am already on E85. Can you explain how your gonna fabricate a 4.5 inch intake? Hell i would even be interested in paying you to make one for me if i go this route.

Should be attainable. I'll be around 475 rwhp after the new CAI. Not sure yet, I might just wait for the FRPP one and measure it out, otherwise spin tech exhaust does custom oval to round transitions. I'll just make my own and weld on the MAF flange with a custom bell mouth before it (like the Steeda)

corysmach1

Established Member
Should be attainable. I'll be around 475 rwhp after the new CAI. Not sure yet, I might just wait for the FRPP one and measure it out, otherwise spin tech exhaust does custom oval to round transitions. I'll just make my own and weld on the MAF flange with a custom bell mouth before it (like the Steeda)

FRPP is coming out with a big CAI?

Mr.Solis

Established Member
FRPP is coming out with a big CAI?

That is what I have read. However, no details other than what is in the CJ Intake Manifold instructions have been released.

Does anyone have an insider at ford racing that could shed some more light on the future release of the Ford Racing CJ Cold Air Intake?

86merc

Established Member
Well FRPP stuff isn't usually cheap. lol So we will have to see what happens.

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
That is what I have read. However, no details other than what is in the CJ Intake Manifold instructions have been released.

Does anyone have an insider at ford racing that could shed some more light on the future release of the Ford Racing CJ Cold Air Intake?

The minimum diameter after the tube was 105 mm. 4.1 in is still a restriction, but it may change.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Fantastic numbers, now get that thing to the track and lets see what it can do...

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
where can we get one if wanted one (4.5 cai)? Would jlt make one custom? if so, how much is their custom work?

Users who are viewing this thread