Dyno Results With Videos: CJ Intake Stock Long Block + AED + FTW = FTW

SCalla1384

Established Member
Damn man that thing sounds awesome! Revving to 8100, crazy.

I am alittle surprised that it made peak power at like ~6800rpm, I figured it would hold more power or make peak power to 7600-7800rpm.

Still, very badass. Congrats again man!

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Man that car SCREAMS! Once again congrats on the new numbers, looking forward to those track times:)

Damn man that thing sounds awesome! Revving to 8100, crazy.

I am alittle surprised that it made peak power at like ~6800rpm, I figured it would hold more power or make peak power to 7600-7800rpm.

Still, very badass. Congrats again man!

Made great power

Thanks again, guys. SCalla, I was surprised too, but the more I thought about it the curve is identical to the boss manifold as it should. They share the same runner length. Boss manifold peak there and drop slightly as well. Also has to do with the cam timing up top slightly.

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
I thought in order to rev that High you would need the boss valve springs or upgraded ones, and the high rev frpp pulse ring?
didn't think with the stock valve train (serious valve floating) and stock ring would allow it to see rpms that high.. because after all that's what tells the pcm based off the tooth count.

its amazing how much you can rev the stock short block. good job op.

Shaun has multiple cars running past 7800 without the ring. I am one of them. It's pointless to go past 8k as VCT won't work in the software. Valve springs are a my call thing. There's no float in the curve, but that doesn't mean there won't be in 2, 4, 8, 16k miles etc. Risk I'm willing to take as many other boss manifold cars do as well. Coyote stock cars buzz similar through the traps. Just another day in the coyote park :rockon: let it eat!

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
OP, do you have any issues shifting the car that high or is that car an auto?

blackcoyote13

Established Member
Definately want to see the CJ intake and throttle body on a stock header/exhaust car, with the 4.5" intake. Wonder how that would do for us folks who have emissions to deal with.

G-Mann

Established Member
Congratulations on the build and numbers. How is the driveability compared to stock? What about city/red light driving? Think you could DD this setup?

Very Impressive

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Congratulations on the build and numbers. How is the driveability compared to stock? What about city/red light driving? Think you could DD this setup?

Very Impressive

I daily this car 5-7k monthly for work, so yes. Drivability is better than stock. 28 mpg with the 47#injectors.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread