Dyno Results With Videos: CJ Intake Stock Long Block + AED + FTW = FTW

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Well as many of you know from my CJ intake thread, I made the trek from Phoenix up to AED's shop in NorCal. I wanted to create a separate thread with the graphs and videos to share my experience. Shaun, Drew, and the crew at AED were all very accomodating. We got started after Shaun and I grabbed some lunch to talk over goals and direction with the car. He had already dialed in the drivability and MAF/fuel remotely so we wanted to adjust cam timing and dial everything in on the dyno with fuel R&D. We didn't leave until around 7:00 PM as Shaun went above and beyond to sift every last bit of potential out of this combo; for that thank you again, Shaun.

My goal for this car was 450 rwhp SAE on 91 and to test the limits of E85 and FTW Purple on this combo. While I did hit the 450 rwhp SAE on 91, it wasn't with the JLT that's on the car. A true 4.5 inch pipe netted 10 hp over the 440SAE/453STD JLT 91 numbers below. I do not have that graph though. It just proved the 2010 GT JLT is a restriction, but for all intents and purposes it gets the job done.

I figured the E85 would add about what it did, but the FTW Purple blew me away with how it made more EVERYWHERE. Now that we're this close, I'd like to do a custom 5 inch oval to 4.5 inch round MAF with a bell, install my D/S, and change fluids to eclipse 500rwhp on stock cams and heads. After that finish the few suspension mods and gear install, and the get the ol' girl to the track. 10's or bust! Now onto the good stuff......in all the 8100 RPM glory. N/A FTW

Sent from my iPad

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
What kind of dyno? Why is there a 6 and 7% correction factor being applied?

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
DYNOCOM, I believe it's due to the readings from Shaun's weather station. Due to the 1500 ft elevation, near 100 degree temps, and other factors, that is what SAE computes.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
DYNOCOM, I believe it's due to the readings from Shaun's weather station. Due to the 1500 ft elevation, near 100 degree temps, and othe factors that is what SAE computes.

Interesting..

Strong numbers OP, when are you heading to the track?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Justin, the car was dyno'd in CA at Shaun's shop. Probably in the fall. We don't have a drag strip in PHX plus the weather blows until then.

Yes sir, that's my mistake. I was remembering your other thread that said it was being remote tuned.

Fall isn't too far away--I'm excited to hear great things from your track outings. That motor is making some serious power.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
How are you revving the car to 8100 rpms? Do you have the CJ crank trigger wheel or anything? I thought regular coyote motors couldn't rev past 7800 rpms or so?

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Yes sir, that's my mistake. I was remembering your other thread that said it was being remote tuned.

Fall isn't too far away--I'm excited to hear great things from your track outings. That motor is making some serious power.

All good, that was the original plan, but schedules with everyone couldn't mesh. Thanks man.

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
In the end I believe we limited it to 8k. That's a question for Shaun, but his tunes flat out work. Look at the boss cars buzzing them on his tunes also.

Ya, boss cars have upgraded valve springs though.

Any plans on upgraded valvetrain for the future?

SmokeGreyHatch

Established Member
Ya, boss cars have upgraded valve springs though.

Any plans on upgraded valvetrain for the future?

Nope, just shift it at 7600-7800 like most boss manifold cars. The CJ intake has the same runner length, just more plenum volume, TB area and port volume at the head. This is no different than a boss intake car with a few more ponies.

Yagermeister

Established Member
Justinjor, bosses have upgraded valve springs but no trigger wheels either ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Torchy

Established Member
Nope, just shift it at 7600-7800 like most boss manifold cars. The CJ intake has the same runner length, just more plenum volume, TB area and port volume at the head. This is no different than a boss intake car with a few more ponies.

Looks like you have some solid numbers there. Am I missing something though? Why shift past 7000?

OveRBoreD

Established Member
Oh the things I would do with that intake and my twins.... Better start saving for a block now. Really strong numbers and glad to see it all come together for you OP.

Users who are viewing this thread