Drying Methods...

CbraSvt01

Banned
Haha I always look around to make sure theres not a large population of people outside when I wash my car. When I unload the leaf blower people look at me like iv lost my mind. But hey the shit works....

JasonSnake

Established Member
I just take a quick drive and be done with. But I sart off driving extremely slow, around .5 mph.. lol, so water won't spray up from the tires.

Kevin the Clean 1

1 CLEAN 04 SNAKE
Established Member
JasonSnake said:
I just take a quick drive and be done with. But I sart off driving extremely slow, around .5 mph.. lol, so water won't spray up from the tires.

For a white car that is okay but for a black car the "drive it until it is dry" method would never work...

mineralrob

Established Member
A waffel towel then i touch the car up with spray detailer. I've learned also that using very light pressure prevents swirling when drying. I use my shop vac to blow out the water from the hood scoop and the jams

2003zinc4.6

Established Member
I use to always use an absorber, but I think im going to switch over to waffle weaves and microfiber towels with detail spray.

JSpeed

Degenerate Speeder
Established Member
I PAT it dry with a cotton bath towel.

You should never wipe ANYTHING across the paint.

Hypr2003SVT

Established Member
First start out with a great wash. Then I drive it arround the corner to get the water off the brakes, wheels. Then I take the hose and rinse off the back bumper and bottom side bumper (behind the wheels) and rinse the side skirt. Since our cars like to pick up rocks and dust back there. Then Dry it with a shammy= job well done.

Slow06GT

Established Member
were do you guys get these waffle weave towels? or are they just regular microfiber towels? I made the mistake of using a leather shammy from autoozone and now got swirl marks :cuss:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Anyone have any links to the electric blowers you guys are using? And what keeps them from spitting dirt and other particles at your paint from the intake side?

I have an air compressor but I'm thinking it might not work so well.

DCAN87

Established Member
I use a gas blower. And it's a commercial grade backpack thats one of the most powerful on the market. I use it at full throttle and it's fine. Follow up with a microfiber drying towel.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I used to use an Absorber but not anymore! I use a fully plush microfiber towel I bought from Walmart. It's a lot better, seriously! I'll invest in a leaf blower soon, lol.

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
I have always used absorbers. But they always left streaks and dont feel as soft as I would like. So I thought I would order a couple of the waffle weave towels from Scott. And let me tell you, that was one of the best purchases I have ever made. I will never use anything else. I used one to go all over the car once, then used the second one to finish up. The first one never got completely soaked and the second one was still almost all the way dry. I was amazed about how much they absorbed. They left absolutely no water spots or streaks.
THANK YOU SCOTT!!

jzepp

Established Member
I think i will try the waffle weave towels........do they absorb alot of water like the chamois? In the past i have washed my car with those brushes at the car wash and wiped down with a chamois. I too know have major swirl and scratch marks........Is this mainly from the brush at the carwash or the chamois?

Scott P

Established Member
jzepp said:
I think i will try the waffle weave towels........do they absorb alot of water like the chamois? In the past i have washed my car with those brushes at the car wash and wiped down with a chamois. I too know have major swirl and scratch marks........Is this mainly from the brush at the carwash or the chamois?

Those swirls most likely came from that brush. It contains all the dirt, stones and grime from previous users. The waffle weave towel is more absorbant than a chamois and is softer on the paint. It would make a nice compliment to a real hand wash when trying to care for your paint while washing.

Users who are viewing this thread