Drying Methods...

CHINI

Do Work
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
I use brawny paper towels.

-Just kidding

Microfiber waffle weave.
holy shit i was going to say i use paper towels! Smart minds think alike! lol Or were just dumb and we think alike

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
C H I N I said:
holy shit i was going to say i use paper towels! Smart minds think alike! lol Or were just dumb and we think alike

I hope it is that we are smart...but I doubt it :) :smmon:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
No matter what. Pick a thread in here and there's always a smartass answer somewhere in it. This place if freaking great! Where do you guys get those waffle weaves or microfiber cloths. Do some of you guys really use leaf blowers as I was only kidding. Well if those leaf blowers work and my wife well lets just leave it at that! Oh crap wrong forum! :coolman:

mystic04

Established Member
Leaf blowers work great i use one myself it's not bull then finish of with a good Mf towel.i use the A/C blower cause the others are gas/oil and cna leave a oil film on the car again.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Thanks mystic04 now I just need to tell my wife I need an elctric blower!

2003GTIZZLE

**** YO COUCH NIKKA!
Established Member
Mr Clean system, no drying. Followed by my tiny shopvac for all crevices and cracks, 5 min drive followed by a quick detailer touch up for any areas with water. I like the Mr Clean system, if you use it right it will not spot period! Any time you dont have to touch the car, thats a good thing!

Car dont lie...have not hand dried this car in 2 years...

Fall06136.jpg

Goodpic4.jpg

JTR

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I always used an electric leaf blower on my motorcycles b/c of all the nooks and crannies. I tried it once on my car, but any micro beads of water that got left behind would dry up and spot if I didn't get to them immediately (damned Texas heat). Waffle weave towels are great for not leaving any streaks behind.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Drive real fast and then slam on the brakes and watch all the water fly off the front of the car.

Repeat in reverse...

CbraSvt01

Banned
sharkbite1979 said:
I always used an electric leaf blower on my motorcycles b/c of all the nooks and crannies. I tried it once on my car, but any micro beads of water that got left behind would dry up and spot if I didn't get to them immediately (damned Texas heat). Waffle weave towels are great for not leaving any streaks behind.

Follow with a waffle weave towell slight damp and the spots are gone. If they are really stubborn just use a quick detailer.

SRT Handz

Banned
100% Rayon Towel that they sell at the LA autoshow. Great product...super Soft.... I Love It

Last edited:

Banned
I use the Micro Fiber Drying Towel from Griots Garage. Water Blade on the glass. Oh yes, the TORO electric blower makes an appearance as well. The neighbor's think I'm nuts.

cobravenom39

Ballz to the wallz
Established Member
Electric blower and microfiber waffle weaves to touch up. My girlfriend actually came out of the house to watch and laugh at me, now she begs me to use the leaf blower on the cars. It's hilarious!!!

Users who are viewing this thread