drying a cobra after washing it?

wlg101190

Established Member
I used to do the leaf blower technique, but then I tried using The Absorber to take off the big water spots and come back with a microfiber waffle weave towel. It saved me a lot of time, and is the cleanest look yet! :rockon:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
I use a leaf blower too. On the headlights, mirrors, lug nut pockets, and the rear bumper. Then I lift the trunk and dry on the sides of it and the body with a towel.

After that I just towel dry the water that came out of the trunk lid, and let it sit in the garage for a while. Usually when I take it out the rear bumper just gets dusty, but sometimes if I drive it too soon more water gets on the rear bumper.

I usually bring a towel with me, on a drive after a wash

Blk04Snake

Established Member
i use an absorber and a large microfiber towell to get the droplets of water

although yesterday i washed my car, i forgot to lift the trunk and spray under there and now my rear bumper is covered in dirt again

I get that everytime i wash my car.... everything runs around that trunk opening and dumps itself out on the bumper...even if i clean around the trunk opening before washing the car it happens :fm:

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
I used to do the leaf blower technique, but then I tried using The Absorber to take off the big water spots and come back with a microfiber waffle weave towel. It saved me a lot of time, and is the cleanest look yet! :rockon:

^^I agree!! I used to only use the standard chamois cloth but decided to try the synthetic Absorber b/c it was cheaper and recommended. It works great but I only use it to get the big water spots off and come back with the micro fiber towels.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The dripping use to annoy me, too. But I just made a habit of going back to the car a couple of times to dry up any water. So in the end it never became a major deal. Happens to all cars.

langod

Cobra: The Anti-hybrid
Established Member
The dripping use to annoy me, too. But I just made a habit of going back to the car a couple of times to dry up any water. So in the end it never became a major deal. Happens to all cars.

Exactly.

I use microfiber to dry the panels. Then a leaf blower to blow out most of the water in the creases.
At least the spoiler doesn't fill with water the way the GT wings do. Those will leak water for 2 days.....

Red Poison

Over it
Established Member
Unavoidable. I dry it off first with the absorber before i drive it so pollen and dirt wont attach to the big water spots and then drive it around to get the water out of the cracks. The gap between the rear tail lights and the bumber is the worst! I just carry a towel and my absorber with me when i drive my car. And before/at my destination i take care of the remaining water spots.

ABSORBER FTW!!! Remains damp and gets the job done!

Leafblower! :lol: I thought you guys were joking at first... I would laugh my ass off if i saw that too! I bet it looks crazy to anyone who doesnt understand the importance of perfection!:beer:

My turn to invest:-D

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I cant believe there is two pages on this thread,I think we have reached the end of the internet.:lol::lol: I just wipe it off after its done dripping.

Last edited:

2K4VENM

Setn off Ur Car Alarm!
Established Member
Leaf blower FTW! Then I take that ritualistic first drive after you think its completely dry, and pull over to find dirt and water on the back bumper, get out wipe it dry, repeat again.

EvilTwins

I can't find my pulley!
Established Member
WTF has no one on here heard of the Mr. Clean Autodry Carwash? I love this thing! The basic concept of it is that it uses a very nice soap that has some sort of dry rinse polymer. The water sheets very well and runs right off during the last phase of the wash which is rinsing the car off using filtered water. Using filters to clean the water means removing all the impurities in the water that leave spots.

I'm telling you guys this thing is great, I use it all the time and love it. I don't dry off my car at all.

http://www.mrclean.com/sites/en_CA/mrclean/products/autodry.shtml

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Mr-Clean-MCC0AA-Starter-Kit/dp/B0001YLJBO"]Amazon.com: Mr. Clean Starter Kit: Automotive[/ame]

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
WTF has no one on here heard of the Mr. Clean Autodry Carwash? I love this thing! The basic concept of it is that it uses a very nice soap that has some sort of dry rinse polymer. The water sheets very well and runs right off during the last phase of the wash which is rinsing the car off using filtered water. Using filters to clean the water means removing all the impurities in the water that leave spots.

I'm telling you guys this thing is great, I use it all the time and love it. I don't dry off my car at all.

http://www.mrclean.com/sites/en_CA/mrclean/products/autodry.shtml

Amazon.com: Mr. Clean Starter Kit: Automotive

Got one. I don't use it anymore. Better than plain water? Yes.
It works ok, but it doesn't work as well as drying, and it does nothing to stop the mirror drips and top of the bumper puddles.

It's not very cost effective either.

03cobramanIII

Banned
Hey 03cobramanIII. You might want to test fit those 15" wheels. I don't think they will clear the brakes on an 03. I had to run 16s on my fox body after I went to a 4 wheel disc conversion. Check it out. I'd hate to see you show up at the track and find out you couldn't run the rims and tires you wanted to run.

Ray H.
dam my thread can back to life:banana:
ray i got a solid axel. with cobra rear brks 15s wont clear?
i know the 15 in the front where not going to work. i was just going to but them in the rear there 15x8.5 weld lights. with a 5.0 b/s.with 28x10.5 mt full slicks. i got to make sure i got some lugs that work , chevys are 7/16 studs.

AaronK

Established Member
I've always used microfibers then drove it down the street then did it again... always wanted to try th leaf blower though :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Got one. I don't use it anymore. Better than plain water? Yes.
It works ok, but it doesn't work as well as drying, and it does nothing to stop the mirror drips and top of the bumper puddles.

It's not very cost effective either.

I thought about using this but decided against it for the very reasons you bring up.

Users who are viewing this thread