Dry 100 shot / fuel system.

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
I want to spray a dry 100 shot on my Terminator.

My mods are ;

Posi port #316
JLT RAI
Full Dragon setup ( plentum/ tb)
2.76 upper 76.5" Gates Green HD belt
3 100's, 1 90, idlers
NGK Iridium 7 plugs
60# injectors
BAP
MAFiA
Autometer Wideband Gauge / Autometer Boost Gauge (Phantom Series)
Kooks 1 3/4" to 3" X pipe, to 3" Bassani, all stainless
EGR Delete
Afco double pass heat exchanger
Reichart 170 degree thermostat
Lethal Heat Exchanger/radiator tanks
MGW Shifter
Maximum Motorsports clutch cable / quadrant / firewall adjuster
Spec 2+ clutch, with light pedal option, and billet aluminum pressure plate
Fidenza Flywheel
X Cal 4
12 PSI, 23* of timing, 525/494 (93 octane) on an Mustang Dynamometer MD-1100 / Big 3 Tuned

Question is, do I have enough fuel system? Plus, I think it makes between 550-575 RWHP. It was really warm on the dyno...

MalcolmV8

Established Member
If you're making 575 whp with a ported eaton you're about 75 whp more than average, almost 100 whp more than a lot of guys.
As for fuel, looks like you have a BAP and 60# injectors. Normally that's more than enough for a pulley'd and ported eaton car. I sprayed 100 shot on my 2.76 Eaton car with stock pumps and sock injectors and got by. I wasn't making high 600s on spray though.

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
It made 525, glowing hot, and I work for Mustang Dynamometer, so I know how these dynes work. 575 would be my guess, on a GOOD day... 23* seems to be working pretty good! It made 505 on 20*...

Anyway, if in theory, I was making 575 wheel, and I hit it with a dry 100, with my fuel system, do you guys believe I have enough fuel system?

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
Just one more off subject comment on my power level...

I hang with KB 2.6 / Whipple 2.3 guys, and I've never raced another Eaton car that could touch me.

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
If you're making 575 whp with a ported eaton you're about 75 whp more than average, almost 100 whp more than a lot of guys.
As for fuel, looks like you have a BAP and 60# injectors. Normally that's more than enough for a pulley'd and ported eaton car. I sprayed 100 shot on my 2.76 Eaton car with stock pumps and sock injectors and got by. I wasn't making high 600s on spray though.

Were you spraying wet, or dry?

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Were you spraying wet, or dry?

Wet shot. The main reason is so I didn't have to swap tunes every time I wanted to spray. When you spray nitrous you need two things taken care of. Fuel and timing. A wet shot takes care of the fuel and I used a J&S Vampire timing box to adjust timing. That way I could just flip a switch and spray at the drop of a hat anytime I wanted.

Woody6799

Established Member
I don't think so. The 60's will be good until close to 700, the pumps will start starving about 650 so personally I would be upgrading both if you decide to hit it with 100 shot. If you really want the 100 shot I would be looking into an all new fuel system personally.

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
So maybe a 75 pill? I'm just looking for 600. I think that will help me on my Mexican expeditions.

Woody6799

Established Member
Why a dry shot btw? I thought wet shots were better for forced inductions? Your fuel set up will be fine for 600, I just think your 100 shot is going to put you too close to the limits for my comfort level to try it.

NVRL8TE

Death or Glory
Established Member
Why a dry shot btw? I thought wet shots were better for forced inductions? Your fuel set up will be fine for 600, I just think your 100 shot is going to put you too close to the limits for my comfort level to try it.

If anything happens to the nitrous solenoid, I'm just on a rich tune.

If the fuel solenoid goes, I'm screwed.

Plus, I don't like the thought of fuel going through my blower.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
23 degrees may be the highest timing I've ever seen posted for a 93oct tuned stock blower Terminator.

Why it was the industry standard for years and I ran it myself as well as told everyone that ran my Race Port's to run 23*'s on 93 octane as well. Thousands of cars have had this tune in them since 2000 and whatever.

I ran it with my stock engine with a Race Port and a 2.9/6lb combo for years.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
And you get advertised gains if you run the correct size nozzle. If you run a .048" jet which is a 100 shot then you'll see 100hp to the wheels.

Now the torque will close to double.

svtshadow

Banned
Wet shot. The main reason is so I didn't have to swap tunes every time I wanted to spray. When you spray nitrous you need two things taken care of. Fuel and timing. A wet shot takes care of the fuel and I used a J&S Vampire timing box to adjust timing. That way I could just flip a switch and spray at the drop of a hat anytime I wanted.

What would make a fuel solenoid malfunction and is there a safety future to avoid catastrophe if it happens? And how often do they malfunction?

I am looking to go will a wet system and a standalone fuel system just for the nitrous.

Thanks

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Why it was the industry standard for years and I ran it myself as well as told everyone that ran my Race Port's to run 23*'s on 93 octane as well. Thousands of cars have had this tune in them since 2000 and whatever.

I ran it with my stock engine with a Race Port and a 2.9/6lb combo for years.

Then why do you think Lee has me on 19*? I'm only seeing 16.8lbs of boost, so not much more then one of your ports being maxed out. I didn't tell him tell him to hold back on the tune.

Out of everything I've seen here and elsewhere, you never, or very rarely see anyone talking about running 23* unless they are on something better than straight 93oct. Seems 20* is about the max you typically see people talking about with 93oct tunes on our cars.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread