Dry 100 shot / fuel system.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
What would make a fuel solenoid malfunction and is there a safety future to avoid catastrophe if it happens? And how often do they malfunction?

I am looking to go will a wet system and a standalone fuel system just for the nitrous.

Thanks

What would make a fuel solenoid malfunction? Just general failure I suppose, as in what makes any part fail ever?
As for safety I run a Lean Protection Module http://www.mdracingkc.com/Lean_Protection.html so if the car doesn't get enough fuel it cuts me out and saves everything blowing up.

Then why do you think Lee has me on 19*? I'm only seeing 16.8lbs of boost, so not much more then one of your ports being maxed out. I didn't tell him tell him to hold back on the tune.

Out of everything I've seen here and elsewhere, you never, or very rarely see anyone talking about running 23* unless they are on something better than straight 93oct. Seems 20* is about the max you typically see people talking about with 93oct tunes on our cars.

Nothing wrong with been cautious and keeping your motor alive. I ran my car on 21 ~ 22 degrees timing on my old ported Eaton setup on 91 gas. I was careful though and worked my way up reading plugs for signs of issues or detonation. Never an issue for me. I can see running 23 degrees on 93 gas easily.

Users who are viewing this thread