Driving without windshiled wipers, stupid?

svtcobrar2004

Established Member
lets hear what you guys say, i don't drive with them on becuase i do not drive in the rain and it gives the car a cleaner look. and i get bashed on for not having them on. what do you guys think?

SicStang03

2SSSlow
Established Member
I DD mine with no wipers... I try to avoid rain if possible but nothing a lil rainX can't help out.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I don't know, IMO why risk it? And is it legal to even do this? I honestly never saw windshield wipers as detracting from the car's overall appearance. Guess because we're all so used to seeing them.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
only stupid if done in the rain :shrug: :poke:

but like already said.,., rain-x ftw
you can also wax the windshield like you would any painted surface, does the same thing :thumbsup:

Last edited:

AaronK

Established Member
I have never used my wipers on the cobra. I don't even know if they work :shrug: I'm not going to take them off though. They don't look bad, and I have them "lowered" one notch... I have waxed my windshield and I have no need to use them. Even in the rain I can see pretty clearly although I haven't driven in real heavy rain yet.

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
I don't know, IMO why risk it? And is it legal to even do this? I honestly never saw windshield wipers as detracting from the car's overall appearance. Guess because we're all so used to seeing them.
It is illegal to run without them.

I don't think they look all that bad honestly. I don't ever drive in the rain but I still have them on my car.

Gucci_Mane

Established Member
No wipers here! I keep them both on the floor in the back though, so I'll be prepared if I get caught in the rain. Been ridin' without wipers since I was 16!

fiveoh2go

Cleveland's OG
Established Member
Factory wipers with the "chin spoilers" FTW, even though my car never sees rain. :-D

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
I haven't had wipers on mine for some time, but my car never see's rain. I keep all windows coated in Rainx just incase. I have caps over the hardware and it looks much cleaner, plus those bastards are heavy! :D

Users who are viewing this thread