Driveshaft counterweight

testorossa1989

Established Member
Hey guy

I know this topic has been covered in the past but I'm looking for current feedback in 2024 and not from dead posts that nobody replied to after posting once.

Are there any real repercussions from removing the 10lb counterweight+brace that allegedly removes vibration from the driveshaft (located below Differential front bushings). I'm replacing my Diff bushings and questioning whether I should even reinstall the brace & counter weight since it's a pain but also because the brace holes on both sides no longer sits flush with the bushing and creates a gap when initially bolting it up (hand tight)

I'm running factory driveshaft with what I assume to be the factory differential yoke (driveshaft bolts to). I'm not certain if removing the weight will throw off balancing or something. Anyone got long term feedback on this?

Bullitt1448

Established Member
Took mine off years ago on 2 cars, never even noticed they were gone, no vibration. Pull it off go for a a few test runs at varying speeds and see what happens

03' White Snake

Established Member
Took mine off around 2010 or so and never noticed a difference. I noticed more gear noise with FTBR diff bushings than anything. Still would recommend them though.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I honestly forgot about those until I did some work on my buddies car. It didn't go back on.

Users who are viewing this thread