Votes: 167 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
mike79 said:
From what I hear, they are super SUPER soft!

feels like a sponge when you touch the tread :beer:

MikeW

Established Member
jdk said:
feels like a sponge when you touch the tread :beer:

:lol1: I thought they felt weird...

i told my dad that when i pushed on them with my thumb it left a mark like sponge .. now he wants a pair for his 03 and I havent put them on my car yet.

Looks great on the car in the pic.

Here is one next to an old Nitto of the same size (middle tire)...

S%20DR%20001.jpg

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
Damn...definitely much larger than the nitto..Looks like at might be as wide or close to a 315 nitto.

MikeW

Established Member
It's a tad more than 3/4 of an inch wider off the rim than the Nitto...

I still cant get past the feel.. they feel sick. My Nittos never felt like that. They are way soft.

Cant wait.

rmgtc01

Established Member
Okay guys a few questions b/c I will be buying a new set soon

1. What is the safety, traction in the rain. (you florida guys know what I mean)..hydroplaning, safety at higher speeds in wet, etc. Would it better than the regular 555 all the way around?

2. If the 315 tire is on the stock rim, does it look normal (not puckered or sucking to stay on). ??

3. How safe is it with that 315 on the stock, is it better with a 10.5 rim?? Especially at high speeds.

4. The Nitto 555r's are not Drag radials are they? So I should run 555r's front, 555dr's rear?

5. What kind of life and bang for buck are you looking at, especially since you cannot rotate.

Please help me out and answer some questions, I will need to buy soon.

MikeW

Established Member
03Red10th said:
How much were the Mickey Thompsons? Where's the best place to get them?

Advanced Thanks.

I picked mine up from a local dealer (delkperformance.com) for $344 tax and out the door :burnout:

When i was looking they were $391 from Summitt shipped to 37214.

You may want to give Delk a call and see what they can get you a set shipped for?615-453-2300. Ask for John he can help ya out. Price is $315 so I guess plus shipping.

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
I got mine from jegs..Whatever the going price was.

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
rmgtc01 said:
Okay guys a few questions b/c I will be buying a new set soon

1. What is the safety, traction in the rain. (you florida guys know what I mean)..hydroplaning, safety at higher speeds in wet, etc. Would it better than the regular 555 all the way around?

2. If the 315 tire is on the stock rim, does it look normal (not puckered or sucking to stay on). ??

3. How safe is it with that 315 on the stock, is it better with a 10.5 rim?? Especially at high speeds.

4. The Nitto 555r's are not Drag radials are they? So I should run 555r's front, 555dr's rear?

5. What kind of life and bang for buck are you looking at, especially since you cannot rotate.

Please help me out and answer some questions, I will need to buy soon.

1) The wider the tire the worse it's going to be in the rain. I have not driven the ET street radials in the rain but I have gotten reports that they're just as good as any other radial in the rain.

2) A nitto 315 should look fine on a stock rim..anything else will probably buldge a lot.

3) :shrug:

4) :shrug: I'm a M/T guy now :beer:

5) someone got 10,000 miles from the ET street radials

KOTH

Hang loose - travel light
Established Member
Fed Ex delivered my M/T ET Street Radials (275/40/17) last weekend. I just got my polished wheels from AFS so in the next week or two I will get them mounted and test them out.

I agree they are very soft and I don't expect a real long life out of them. I live in Florida where it rains often and unexpectedley and plan to make these primarily only for dragstrip use. I read in a thread some time ago that the rubber they fling off during a burnout is gooy and is very hard to get off the fender. Because of that I bought some Geddex Burnout Guard that sprays on and is supposed to make burnout rubber much easier to remove. Better than using vasoline or Pam I hope.

pld

SoOntRebel
Established Member
97topless snake said:
It's a tad more than 3/4 of an inch wider off the rim than the Nitto...

I still cant get past the feel.. they feel sick. My Nittos never felt like that. They are way soft.

Cant wait.
You're gonna feel REAL SICK when you have to buy 2 more in no time at all with that type of rubber.
:xpl:

MikeW

Established Member
pld said:
You're gonna feel REAL SICK when you have to buy 2 more in no time at all with that type of rubber.

Well I've had my 03 since Aug of 02 and it only has 5k miles. I plan on a set of rims for the MT's for long hauls. If they work well I wont mind if they only last 2,000-3,000 miles.

pld

SoOntRebel
Established Member
97topless snake said:
Well I've had my 03 since Aug of 02 and it only has 5k miles. I plan on a set of rims for the MT's for long hauls. If they work well I wont mind if they only last 2,000-3,000 miles. :bowdown:

OnceBitten

Established Member
pld said:

My buddy's 90lx runs mid-7s in the eighth on 255/50/16 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials. He does a full-on Pro Street burnout before every pass, and recently did a 30 second series of doughnuts and figure eights on them in an abandoned parking lot. He's logged over 5000 miles of street use on them, and still has enough tread to easily recognize the pattern from 50 ft behind the car.

Next time, do a little research before you go off half-****ed talking about how poor the treadwear is. I'm looking forward to receiving my M/T's next week. I'll be sure and let you know how "sick" they make me. :rollseyes:

MikeW

Established Member
OnceBitten said:
My buddy's 90lx runs mid-7s in the eighth on 255/50/16 Mickey Thompson ET Street Radials. He does a full-on Pro Street burnout before every pass, and recently did a 30 second series of doughnuts and figure eights on them in an abandoned parking lot. He's logged over 5000 miles of street use on them, and still has enough tread to easily recognize the pattern from 50 ft behind the car.

Next time, do a little research before you go off half-****ed talking about how poor the treadwear is. I'm looking forward to receiving my M/T's next week. I'll be sure and let you know how "sick" they make me. :rollseyes:

Nice to know :beer: I think one fella even got 10k miles out of them with a bit of track/street use.

acatalon

Established Member
I use Nitto 555 315's dr on the street. I couldn't leave a stop light on f1's without smoking them. So far I've been through 3 sets of f1's 1 set nitto 275 version and now my third set of Nitto 555 DR 315 version. I have a set of ET streets that I am happy with for now (17" version). There is a set of 16" mt's patiently waiting in the garage unil the 16" Bogarts arrive. So tire choice is a matter of "what do you wanna do with them."

TRBO VNM

I have pulled sub 1.6 shorts with the BFG's and a buddy pulled 1.55 shorts consistantly on them. great track tire, but in the rain they are scary. personally I wouldn't drive anything put a street tire on the street. leave the DR's for the track or trips to and from the track.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread