Votes: 167 27.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
It depends on what you are looking for.
The Nittos are best for a daily driver. Good for street and have a long tread life.
The BFG are the best drag radial. Good for use on the street and strip and have a much shorter tread life.
The Mickey Thompson ET Street are the best for strip.

Last edited:

SVT 03 Cobra

Originally posted by toofast4u
The Nittos are best for a daily driver. Good for street and have a long tread life.
The BFG are the best drag radial. Good for use on the street and strip and have a much shorter tread life.

What he said!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member

I've been thinking about this. In order for the Nitto's to work well, they need to be heated up at the track right? SO, is there really any benifit to them on the street where a burnout before a stoplight race is generally not an option? I guess what I'm asking is, are they worth anything cold, or warm from regular driving speeds.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by Lethalchem
I've been thinking about this. In order for the Nitto's to work well, they need to be heated up at the track right? SO, is there really any benifit to them on the street where a burnout before a stoplight race is generally not an option? I guess what I'm asking is, are they worth anything cold, or warm from regular driving speeds.

I have 315's on my 03 and after about a couple blocks they are hot. These tires get really sticky and hot after a normal drive.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I have 315's on my 03 and after about a couple blocks they are hot. These tires get really sticky and hot after a normal drive.

Ahh, just what I was wanting to know. Thanks. That makes it easier to justify keeping it on the car all the time. Which brand seems to have the longest tread life on the street?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Ahh, just what I was wanting to know. Thanks. That makes it easier to justify keeping it on the car all the time. Which brand seems to have the longest tread life on the street?

Nittos by far. The Nittos have a tread rating of 100, the BFG DRs are 0 and I don't think the MTs are even rated. I have heard of some people getting 10K out of the Nittos. I have 2k and they are still in very good shape and I went through the stock F1s in 6K.

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
I had nittos they only lasted 2000 miles.... on to et streets for drags and f1s for street

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
The Nittos suck in the cold unless they are heated up with a burnout. Even then they aren't that great. They are great in the warmer weather though. I am on my 2nd set on my Lightning. -Mat-

Silver 03 Cobra

ET Streets are not radials. You don't want to drive them on the street much, maybe to and from the track and definately not in the rain.

trey193

Established Member
Seems to me people are going the fastest on BFG's both the 2754017 and the 3153517 's!

slow lane

proud daddy
Established Member
My BFGs are wearing out fast with a little more than a month and about 750 miles on them.

On the other hand. I had two passes at the track Sunday. On the F1's I spun hard launching from idle, so I tried launching off idle on the first pass with the BFGs.... Zero wheel spin, easy 2.10 60' time rolling onto the throttle. The second pass I launched from about 1500 RPM and rolled onto the throttle. Again no wheelspin and a 2.05 60'.

In about 60 passes last year I was able to pull a best 60' of 2.05 and only was under 2.10 twice. Just testing out the track I beat my previous best launch with the BFGs and they clearly had much more to give.

Sin

Established Member
Just like the majority of these guys. It depends on what your gonna do with it. I had an SS(whoops) for 2 yrs and went to the track all the time. MT's were sweet but now that Im on the street more with my Cobra Im on my 2nd set of Nittos

tommygun

Established Member
Nittos are even decent in the rain at full psi in the tire, BFGs can last maybe a long weekend event at a track with test and tune then qualifying, followd by rounds. I wish BGF would lower the price to make the decision easier. I hope they hook as good as my Kumho 712s (best 1.88 60ft). I cant decide if i want to but some track wheels and tires or just opt of the 18in BFGs and keep getting new tires every month.

jonas

Established Member
Yea,
1 set of rear wheels go nitto
2 sets get bfg's.
Ive had 100's of passes on both. BFGs have horrid treadwear and are suicidal in the slighets rain so I say no if this is your only rim but they are MUCH stickier

The nittos have a dual tread compound that chemically changes when heated up which helps treadlife tremendously. Just give em a 3 second spin and they get pretty sticky.

On my 93 Id switch to the wheels with bfg's mounted and drive on the to palmdale to lacr (hr drive and race). call me paranoid but I dont want to change rims there and leave em in case someone gets ann ingenious Idea of stealing em while im lined up and noone is watching em.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
For those of you who are running DR's on the streets, do you have different brand tires front and back then?

Snkbyte

I'm the cream of the crop
Established Member
Slow lane you should be pulling 1.7x 60 ft easy with those tires. Unless you are launching really soft on purpose.

p3pete

Toys R Us Kid
Established Member
For those of you who are running DR's on the streets, do you have different brand tires front and back then?

Lethal,
Yep - Stock F1's on th front and 315/35/17 555R Nitto's on the rear. When you guys coming back up? Next SVTOA test and tune is in two weeks... Tell Nick to get his married butt up here...
Cheers,
Pete

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member

Sure why not. I have Stock F1's on the front and 315/35/17 555R Nitto's on the rear.

a94cobra

Established Member
I have the stock F1's up front and just ordered the 315 Nitto's for the back. I got 11k out of the F1's on the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread