down again

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
went to the track yesterday to check how 96 cams improved overall performance in my car

get in the water box, spin, get out of it stop 2nd gear good burnout at 6k then rpms start to fall i release the brake car goes, tires feel sticky, add some track bite 1st gear burnout, i stage, 3k 1st light goes on 2nd light rev to 5k so i'm ready 3rd light goes off dump the clutch, it bogs a little, falls to 4k gets to 6,700 shift 2nd gear, 6,500 car start acting weird, shit to 3rd gear can't get past 4,000rpm i let gas off and put 4th gear to get off the track, i put the clutch in and it shuts down, put in 3rd gear release clutch and tires are locked so i feather the gas pedal it starts again, good oil pressure, no knocking, step on the clutch it dies again, i get accross the finish line and get aside, i try to start it again and just a "clank" noise from the starter, after i :cuss: the car i get towed to my buddies shop,

waiting for news this afternoon when i get out of work:fm:

oooh and i ran a tremendous 17.045@???mph:kaboom:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Man you seem to have bad luck with that car. I wonder if the problem is in the trans or in the pumpkin.

Jamie R.

Established Member
Sorry to hear this luis! Uhh..... but you have a lot going on in the burnout area:dw::lol1:

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
Man you seem to have bad luck with that car. I wonder if the problem is in the trans or in the pumpkin.

yeah, tell me about it, sometimes i feel it would be better to just throw the towel

Sorry to hear this luis! Uhh..... but you have a lot going on in the burnout area:dw::lol1:

Jamie R.
'01 Silver Cobra

:??: no comprende :D

well my mechanic says its probably a bented rod

all i hear is "clank" from the starter we change batteries and it started for 3 seconds and died with a light knock sound.. i'll check if i have some lincoln rods left :bash:

i'll have some time to fix it, my mechanic is changing his work place to a safier nicer facility, i'll take pics of my ill snake when it gets there

Last edited:

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
i really don't know, it was working fine the only new mod was 96-98 intake cams, we need to take it out and check everything out :(

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
engine is out! lol ( 2 months to take it out don't ask me why) well there is metal parts on the pick up tube, rods #1 2 are black, bearings are molten, #3 is ok, #4 bearing is lined, 5 and 6 are ok,# 7 is lined and #8 is ok

so my crankshaft is useless and i need 4 rods, block is ok, thank god, so i'll search for a gt 8 bolt crank (lighter) and some rods, i'm porting my intake since i'm poor enough to do it myself :bash::

pixlix

Established Member
I also have a feshly assembled 5.0 stroker sb Mach 1 block if interested

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
i'm porting my intake since i'm poor enough to do it myself :bash::

Luis,
Nothing wrong with porting the intake yourself, it'll be a good learning experience, here's something to highlight the areas that need work.

TopofLowerIntake.gif

Good luck!! :beer:

Anthony

racebronco2

Established Member
Make sure you check out the cam journals for wear. Usually when you lose oil pressure it wipes out the cam journals.

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
little update, i'll buy a crankshaft kit @ Autozone, it comes with main and rod bearings, $364 - $100 core= $264 cast 8 bolt crank :rockon:

here is some progress of the porting i'm doing to my intake

IMG00310-20100419-0940.jpg

IMG00311-20100419-0940.jpg

IMG00312-20100419-0941.jpg

lmk what you guys think

Last edited:

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
my mechanic took the crankshaft to the machine shop, he believes it can be turned and survive @ .20; i found 4 rods/pistons from my stock 99 rotaring assembly (i got 01 rods and pistons) so now i'm just waiting for the shop to tell me if the crankshaft is useable, if so i'll just have to buy rod and main bearings, piston rings and oil pump

Last edited:

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
Get her back up and running

Also damn your avatar looks like a photo of i wanna say Nazmans car in germany out of MM&FF

luiSVT99

CoyoteFTW
Established Member
lol, thats the all mighty mickey mouse so called race track @ valle hermoso Tamaulipas, it really is an airplane landing strip but its not used anymore, too much soldiers to keep working, if you know what i'm saying.....

Users who are viewing this thread