Does your car feel slow to you after awhile?

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
My Mustang doesn't make any crazy power considered to cars now-a-day; 450whp isnt alot but plenty for the street. Either way I feel like the car does not feel quick even though I know it is. Maybe its the Kenne Bell and the instant tq vs some lesser hp turbo cars I've had where you'd feel the power ramp up, which was more thrilling tbh.

#quarantinethoughts

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Absolutely. Happens to everyone.

Even 900+ whp feels "slow" if you drive it a few days a week for a few months.

Stop driving it for a moth or 2 then get back in and youll have a Holy Shit moment again.

This right here, you get use to the power over time and it doesn't feel as fast.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
I don't feel my Mustang needs more power for my usage and it doesn't feel slow. When I upgraded the suspension and brakes, it transformed the handling and made it much more enjoyable on the road course.

Last edited:

03SVT10

Established Member
+1 ^^

My Fox has a lot of MM suspension parts and is more fun to drive under certain circumstances even though it is slower than my Cobra.

I don’t feel like either are “slower” after a while. Except in the summer when it’s really hot .

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jbuenavides

Established Member
I think it happens to everyone that's the reason why an upgrade and annual car check-up is necessary. I have recently installed a Fass fuel to increase the fuel mileage, horsepower, and torque of the old SUV at home.

jbuenavides

Established Member
I think it happens to everyone that's the reason why an upgrade and annual car check-up is necessary. I have recently installed a Fass fuel to increase the fuel mileage, horsepower, and torque of the old SUV at home.

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
+1 on getting used to it

Having said that, I drive around in Full Nanny or Sport Mode 99% of the time.

The 1% that I turn everything off I regain a respect for the power.

If I ran around unassisted all the time, my luck would have me on YouTube in no time.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
It doesn't feel slow, but I'm use to the power and I want more. I feel like any 800whp 6 speed car will feel fast, but you'll get use to the power.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Happens pretty much to everyone. What to experience the opposite effect? Drive your wife's 205hp daily driver for a month. Hell, even a week. Hop into your 450hp car and it will feel like it's got 500+. LOL!

But seriously, it's a natural thing. Your first ride in a 450rwhp Terminator feels the fastest, and then over a short time you start to wonder if somethings up because it doesn't feel as fast. Next thing you know, you're troubleshoots a motor that has zero issues trying to find out where the "issue" is. Psychological most of the time.

Sn95Snake

Established Member
Every "fast" car I have owned has felt slow after driving it for a while. If I drive our Jeep or work truck for a few weeks then get in the Viper it feels insane. But if I drive the Viper multiple times a week it feels slow.

steve-099xlt

Established Member
Its the same with every car. After driving the old f150 for the winter, and then going back to the TL-S, it feels like a race car . Its normal. When I drove the mustang 6 days a week, it felt slow.

Users who are viewing this thread