Does your car feel slow to you after awhile?

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
the only way I know my car is fast is when I bring other people for a ride in it and they start puckering their butts in the passenger seat and grabbing on to the roll bar.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Its the same with every car. After driving the old f150 for the winter, and then going back to the TL-S, it feels like a race car . Its normal. When I drove the mustang 6 days a week, it felt slow.

Agreed. I drive the truck all winter and give her the beans on occasional to blow the dust out of her. Feels kinda spunky, especially for a truck with a relatively small motor. Then I drive the RS on occasion and the truck feels slow. Then I drive the Cobra on the first nice day of the season and then the RS feels like a turd. It's all perspective and what you've gotten used to. The silver lining - in my eyes anyway - is that it allows you to feel that rush over and over again when you come back to the "fast" car.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
My Mustang doesn't make any crazy power considered to cars now-a-day; 450whp isnt alot but plenty for the street. Either way I feel like the car does not feel quick even though I know it is. Maybe its the Kenne Bell and the instant tq vs some lesser hp turbo cars I've had where you'd feel the power ramp up, which was more thrilling tbh.

#quarantinethoughts
Ha. I read the post title as, “Does your wife feel slow....”

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Jeremy Clarkson said this about F1 drivers too. At the beginning of the season the cars are insanely fast.

Halfway through the first weekend they are begging for more power.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
This is why you need a big body on frame truck for a daily and a sports car/muscle car as your fun weekend toy.

It's always jarring going from a slow heavy tank that has your 5 feet off the ground to smaller sporty car with actual suspension and handling dynamics.

Goes the other way too.

Recon

Established Member
My supercharged mustang is still under 400rwhp and I still think it’s fun to drive, after almost 7 years of ownership. Given I drive the car on occasion, and daily my truck. I wanted to build an engine but now I think she’s ok at this level. Handling has me more interested than adding power. I find taking a corner at speed is more entertaining than going fast in a straight line.

Pick your poison.

Blown 89

Established Member
When you race karts everything feels slow. It all but eliminated my desire to mod street cars ever again.

2000GTSTANG

Established Member
Happens pretty much to everyone. What to experience the opposite effect? Drive your wife's 205hp daily driver for a month. Hell, even a week. Hop into your 450hp car and it will feel like it's got 500+. LOL!

But seriously, it's a natural thing. Your first ride in a 450rwhp Terminator feels the fastest, and then over a short time you start to wonder if somethings up because it doesn't feel as fast. Next thing you know, you're troubleshoots a motor that has zero issues trying to find out where the "issue" is. Psychological most of the time.

This couldn't be more true. Im thinking to myself some days, "is my car really making what the dyno reported". Then I drive it when its a little chilly outside and it hasn't been heatsoaked yet and Im like "damn I forgot how fast it can feel sometimes".

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Absolutely. Happens to everyone.
Even 900+ whp feels "slow" if you drive it a few days a week for a few months.
Stop driving it for a moth or 2 then get back in and youll have a Holy Shit moment again.
^This!
I drive my car once week, twice a week if I'm lucky. So, my car always feels fast to me.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Truth

A 60+ hp 2 stroke death machine that weighs less than 200lbs will ruin everything you once thought was fast and "handled well" lmao.
A buddy used to terrorize the 600cc street bikes on one of those.

Kawasaki%20KX%20500%201988%2001.jpeg

Blown 89

Established Member
Truth

A 60+ hp 2 stroke death machine that weighs less than 200lbs will ruin everything you once thought was fast and "handled well" lmao.
I need a 100hp superkart to make my 2 stroke feel slow......2020 goals. Those mother ****ers blitz the road courses.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Daily driving a Hellcat ruins things for your sense of perspective.
Still it was awesome to drive my GT500 after a while, then jump back into the Hellcat and wonder where the 700hp went :)
Now that I’m driving a truck again daily, I’m sure my Shelby will feel even more insane.
A funny aside, when NASA tested humans for space travel, one of the things small children didn’t fear was straight line acceleration. Centrifugal rotational forces not so much. So we’re wired to be ok with fast drag cars. That’s what I got out of the lecture :)
And once your car feels slow, just add more mods.
-J

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
My 14 felt slow when it was delivered, compared to my 11.
Driving a 5.0 F150 for a D/D allows the 14 to get my attention when I take it out..
Track-rubber-010.jpg

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
Not mine.

2500 lbs and 540 some odd HP at the wheels. I can't always put the power down on the street.

But then again I feel the street is not the best place to put power down (not that I don't).

But no, my car always keeps me interested in driving.

E

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Details on your setup please.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Sure. This is probably well over $22k in mods.

Aero(all functional and wind tunnel tested):
AJ Hartman Custom Front Splitter, full carbon fiber with large curved tunnels
GT350 OEM Spoiler
Versus Engineering rear diffuser
Tiger Racing Carbon Hood

Suspension:
-Cortex Racing JRi SA shocks(front camber is -3.5*, I don't remember off hand what the rear camber is)
-Corner Balanced
-Cortex Monoball kit
-Cortex Sway Bar End Links
-Cortex Bump Steer Kit
-BMR Sway Bars
-BMR Vertical Links

Brakes:
-AP Racing RadiCAL front brakes
-Ferodo DS.UNO pads for track, DS2500 for street
-JLT brake cooling kit

Engine/Exhaust:
-Tuned by Altnernative Auto
-ARH Catless Headers
-Borla Atak Exhaust

Wheels:
Forgestar F14 (street) with Pilot 4S, 295/35/19 all around
Forgeline GA3R (track) with Toyo R888R, 315/30/18 all around

Last edited:

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
Sure. This is probably well over $22k in mods.

Aero(all functional and wind tunnel tested):
AJ Hartman Custom Front Splitter, full carbon fiber with large curved tunnels
GT350 OEM Spoiler
Versus Engineering rear diffuser
Tiger Racing Carbon Hood

Suspension:
-Cortex Racing JRi SA shocks(front camber is -3.5*, I don't remember off hand what the rear camber is)
-Corner Balanced
-Cortex Monoball kit
-Cortex Sway Bar End Links
-Cortex Bump Steer Kit
-BMR Sway Bars
-BMR Vertical Links

Brakes:
-AP Racing RadiCAL front brakes
-Ferodo DS.UNO pads for track, DS2500 for street
-JLT brake cooling kit

Engine/Exhaust:
-Tuned by Altnernative Auto
-ARH Catless Headers
-Borla Atak Exhaust

Wheels:
Forgestar F14 (street) with Pilot 4S, 295/35/19 all around
Forgeline GA3R (track) with Toyo R888R, 315/30/18 all around

Thanks! I always think my car isn't fast enough. I was thinking of getting a ported 2018 intake manifold and having the car tuned. I would imagine I would be between 400-450 at the wheels if I'm not already at the low end of that. I don't care much for straight line racing; I'd rather beef up suspension, handling, brakes, and tires and drive the hell out of it on a road course. I was curious about your set up. Sounds amazing!

coposrv

Established Member
Being in New England after garage storage for 5/6 months every spring it’s a new feeling again.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread