Does the VIN# indicate when the vehicle..

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Re: VIN#

Originally posted by Poy-ZIN
03Snake, I deleted your name in my retaliation, upon reviewing your post, I realize you were just asking for the proof. Its on the way. Please correct the spelling of my name to Poy Zin, not
Poy Sin.
Thanks,

Good Enough.....

SoCalBlk03

THE Clutch Killer!!
Established Member
I never had a Cobra before, is the Cert completetly filled out? I know he said they mistakenly sent it so is that why it looks incomplete?

Jon

Relax, have a homebrew!
Established Member
So, I guess SVT jsut jumped the gun and sent out an early COA?

T3 Cobra

Back in DSG
Established Member
Originally posted by Jon
So, I guess SVT jsut jumped the gun and sent out an early COA?

It looks exactly like my 2001 and 1999 certificates but missing some info?

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Here's what a completed one looks like (from my '98).

From Poy-Zin's it is clear that the VIN and sequence number are NOT related. Also remember, the "build numbers" will be separated by coupes and 'verts, i.e. my coupe was #871 of 5174 COUPES, not total Cobras.

We will all get one a few months after the 2003 run is completed. :beer:

mike_b_svt

Top down and cruisin'
Established Member
Originally posted by DAVESVT2000
Does anyone remember WHEN production of the 03 actually began? I don't think it was as early as August, and even if so, SVT was building them at a trickle at first. Over 2000 by 8/15/02 ? Sounds fishy to me too....:nono:

Production began in April, I believe. Ran through late May, then shutdown to tool the line for '03 v6 and GT production. Then restarted in July, if I am not mistaken (which I could easily be...).

M.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
My Drivers door tag says 6/02 as I posted before and one of the build sheets says 6/13/2002 . I will be curious to see what date they will use. Question I have is the dso code on the drivers door tag, mine doesn't have one at all. My 69 and all the other fords I have had did? I know this isn't exactly the vin question but thought someone here might know.:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread