Dodge DEMON on 93, No Skinnies and No Transbrake - Drag Vid

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Keep seeing videos with no trans brake, is there reason for this? Curious why it seems to be common to forego something that helps.

I too want to know why no one is using the trans brake...

The reason nobody uses it is because its a confusing mess to get it enabled and have it actually work. Its easier just to foot brake it.

I saw that video a few days ago. Yeah, the trans brake is too confusing to use. Even during the press events, the drivers were having a very difficult time getting a trans brake launch to come off without a hitch. It's basically a tool for the pros. Amateurs and novices need not try until they learn the car first.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Keep in mind this car wasn't in its full drag setup. It still had the front seat and the fat tires up front.

byeofcr

Established Member
yea i dont get the hate either. smells of butthurt.
“well if bought a gt with the money i saved id put into mods and run 8’s”
ok but thats not the point. dodge is doing what no one else is and i respect it. maybe im old at 34.. but if you woulda told me 10.. even 5 years ago (when the 13-14 gt500s were out) that any of the big three would build a low 10 second factory car id say youre crazy. why cant it just be enjoyed for what it is?
shit i jumped brands after being die hard for my whole life, even a dealership in there, because dodge builds a fun affordable car. my A8 392 charger makes me smile more than my m6 15gt did.
flame away

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe it’s me, but for as well as that car left the line, it seems off that it’s only a couple tenths faster than a stock Hellcat.
Yeah maybe it's the video, but it did look like it left the line really slow??

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Keep seeing videos with no trans brake, is there reason for this? Curious why it seems to be common to forego something that helps.

Because there are a bunch of butthurt people claiming that running the Demon with the skinnies up front with the race gas tune and using the transbrake is somehow not legitimate. It needs to be run as delivered at the dealership. Then they throw in the inevitable "should just buy a Cobra Jet and go 8's" comment.

You don't have to search too hard to find that on this site.

Never_Enough

Established Member
yea i dont get the hate either. smells of butthurt.
“well if bought a gt with the money i saved id put into mods and run 8’s”
ok but thats not the point. dodge is doing what no one else is and i respect it. maybe im old at 34.. but if you woulda told me 10.. even 5 years ago (when the 13-14 gt500s were out) that any of the big three would build a low 10 second factory car id say youre crazy. why cant it just be enjoyed for what it is?
shit i jumped brands after being die hard for my whole life, even a dealership in there, because dodge builds a fun affordable car. my A8 392 charger makes me smile more than my m6 15gt did.
flame away
How do you like it vs a Hellcat? Both are on my short list.

jleews6

Established Member
The claimed times were with the high octane tune and skinnie front wheels. They have run 10.0 like that so they are close to what they claim.

raustin0017

Established Member
Most folks on this site are not 'Car Guys'. True Car Guys appreciate true performance no matter what badge it wears. Talking crap about a factory American Muscle 10 second car is just stupid. Demon and Hellcats are bad ass, period.com along with other bad ass cars available today. The video posted from Brutal M about a modded GT doesn't past the BS test. Take a factory GT into the 10s and I will be impressed just like I am with the Demon.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Badass color
Definitely! I love it. Reminds me a bit of my '70 Road Runner (paint color). The particular Demon would be my choice. Nice run. 10.7 @ 129.11 is moving out, any way you look at it.

badmpg03

Established Member
No doubt it will be a phenomenal platform to mod...but they have been out a little while now and it seems no one has seen something near a 9.7@140 on a stock motor with racegas?? Modded I am sure the car has incredible potential but it would be nice to seem them breaking into 9's more often in stock form.

Stang Lover

Established Member
It is what it is. Somebody may just want to buy a 10 / 9 sec car form the factory and throw a tire on it and be happy.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
No doubt it will be a phenomenal platform to mod...but they have been out a little while now and it seems no one has seen something near a 9.7@140 on a stock motor with racegas?? Modded I am sure the car has incredible potential but it would be nice to seem them breaking into 9's more often in stock form.
The fastest I've seen was 9.9 in full drag.

I figured by now we would certainly see dodges number beaten.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
car needs the driver mod. I'm thinking that was between a 1.6 - 1.8 60'
I'll agree with that.
Maybe that person was trying to 'roll" into the throttle. Either way, it looked slow leaving the line.

Users who are viewing this thread