Do you like Adam Sandler Movies?

Do you like Adam Sandler movies

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dragu1a

Established Member
Farley was the shit.

That's bc Farley died before he could start making shitty movies.

Every great comedian did awesome movies then as they got older, they turned to shit.

Eddie Murphy, Robin Williams, Jim Carry...name one and I'll bet you can come up with at least a couple, late career, box office flops.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
I cannot stand Adam Sandler, because he plays the same character in every single movie. And he does the same thing with his voice in every one. He has the little baby-voice he uses when he's trying to get a girl to like him, and the loud "AH C'MOOONNNN!!!!" voice.

Cannot stand him or his played out schtick.

Tell us how you really feel bro. Lol

Stormsigma

Went from 6.0 to 5.0!
Established Member
Tell us how you really feel bro. Lol

LOL I know, I know. He's just one of those people who I absolutely cannot understand why people think he's awesome. He's like Rob Schneider, another oxygen thief. Remember that bullshit "YOO KEN DOO EEET!" in that golf movie of Sandler's? God, how many people were saying that shit after that?

SLVRBLT

Such is Life....
Established Member
LOL I know, I know. He's just one of those people who I absolutely cannot understand why people think he's awesome. He's like Rob Schneider, another oxygen thief. Remember that bullshit "YOO KEN DOO EEET!" in that golf movie of Sandler's? God, how many people were saying that shit after that?

Waterboy

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
My girl is a huge fan and we have every one. Im in the half/half sector. Some early ones are epic and some are retarded (Remember the Zohan was both)

I did love "funny people" it was by far his best actual acting. Also it was semi autobiographical, and you can see alot of heart from him when reading the script. We all know he does alot of things for money. Tell me 'Jack and Jill' wasnt a cash grab.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
That's bc Farley died before he could start making shitty movies.

Every great comedian did awesome movies then as they got older, they turned to shit.

Eddie Murphy, Robin Williams, Jim Carry...name one and I'll bet you can come up with at least a couple, late career, box office flops.

Jim Carry has tanked so bad... Feel kind of sad.. he's really trying to be taken seriously and it isnt working. I still think he's gonna pull some dramatic supporting actor type performance out of his ass in the next ten years. Once he realizes he isnt a headliner anymore. He can act but he wont let go of how big he thinks he is.

Jroc

Established Member
Jim Carry has tanked so bad... Feel kind of sad.. he's really trying to be taken seriously and it isnt working. I still think he's gonna pull some dramatic supporting actor type performance out of his ass in the next ten years. Once he realizes he isnt a headliner anymore. He can act but he wont let go of how big he thinks he is.

I thought Jack and Jill was a crappy movie but it did have some parts that had me laughing pretty hard.

Jim Carrey did use to be the shit. The "Ace Ventura" movies, "The Mask", "Dumb and Dumber", and "Me, Myself, and Irene" were all great movies, but his stuff has gone to shit. "Man on the Moon" is one of the worst movies I've ever watched.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
I thought Jack and Jill was a crappy movie but it did have some parts that had me laughing pretty hard.

Jim Carrey did use to be the shit. The "Ace Ventura" movies, "The Mask", "Dumb and Dumber", and "Me, Myself, and Irene" were all great movies, but his stuff has gone to shit. "Man on the Moon" is one of the worst movies I've ever watched.

Man on the Moon was a great movie. If you're not a fan of Andy Kaufman or really know who he was then I could see not liking it.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Grown ups was the shiznit. I like most of his movies, I like him as a actor. Me and my little bro like that xmas cartoon movie he made, that was one of his funniest next to happy gilmore, billy madison, and big daddy.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
While in general I think his older movies are no doubt better at from a percentage standpoint I still feel that one of his best movies is "Just Go With it," and while I don't think it was a great movie I still though "That's My Boy" was a fun enough movie to watch.

IMO "That's My Boy" is better if you watch it more than once, and I've seen it several times on STARZ and like it better than the first time I saw it.

dooberGN

Established Member
Another classic. The first time hearing it is always the best.

[youtube_browser]JW-UpkMh9Zk[/YouTube_browser]

delvin.a

Established Member
Adam Sandler and Will Ferrell are basically walking the same path - most, if not all, of their early movies were damn funny, but their latest offerings have been more or less garbage.

C'mon now. Will is in no way going down that path.

Funny or Die on HBO is genius. His movies are badass because you can treat then like a record. Each time you watch it you catch some new bit of genius. Like Wes Anderson movies

Users who are viewing this thread