Do you like Adam Sandler Movies?

Do you like Adam Sandler movies

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jroc

Established Member
IMO Adam Sandler has this thing where to make a good movie he has to also make a crappy movie, but then he has his inbetween movie that don't require a crappy movie to counteract them.

Some good Adam Sandler movies:
Happy Gilmore, Waterboy, Anger Management, Click, Just Go With It.

Some crappy Adam Sandler movies:
Grown Ups, Funny People, Reign Over Me.

Some in-between good and crappy Sandler movies:
That's My Boy, Billy Madison, Mr Deeds, Big Daddy, The Wedding Singer.

Obviously there are a lot mover Sandler movies but those are just some examples of where I would rank his movie.

He does make too many movies thought, and some that you think are going to suck actually turn out to be pretty good, while some that you think are going to be pretty good end up sucking pretty bad.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
There was a time when I looked forward to his movies, but lately they haven't been as funny to me. With that said, I pretty much wait until movies hit redbox unless I absolutely have to see it asap(which is very rare).

Jroc

Established Member
all of them suck now, but that is what happens with most comedians

Back in the 90's his movies where the shit. Billy Madison, Happy Gilmore, The Waterboy, etc were good, but then he started do the same corny "get the girl to like him at the end of the movie" thing one to many times that you knew what to expect and it got played out, and not very funny.

I do agree with SVTKid that "Just Go With It" with J. Aniston was pretty good. I thought "That's My Boy" was good if for no other reason than Vanilla Ice and the Foxbody.

I thought "Grown Ups" straight sucked ass.

Last edited:

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
him and his happy madison production company are like a factory that just keep pumping out movie after movie, i dont think they even care if the movies are good or not, as long as they keep pumping them out and pulling in the $$$.

Jroc

Established Member
That is one of his best movies IMO. :shrug:
Reign Over Me (2007) - IMDb 7.5/10

His movies are definitely hit or miss with me.
Click (2006) is another one of my favourites.

Click was one of his best movies. The ending was great, and Christopher Walken is a ridiculously underrated actor. Walkens one of the most under-appreciated actors ever IMO, and I almost always really enjoy his rolls. Whether funny or serious he's just a very good and entertaining actor to watch on film.

I couldn't watch all of "Reign Over Me" as I couldn't get into it, and I just got on the computer and quit paying attention to it so I can't tell you what ended up happening.

Last edited:

dooberGN

Established Member
His earlier CD's make up for any shitty movie he has put out. Loved waiting for and buying his new CD as a kid.

[youtube_browser]K-34Fdtg1dI[/YouTube_browser]

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
His earlier CD's make up for any shitty movie he has put out. Loved waiting for and buying his new CD as a kid.

[youtube]K-34Fdtg1dI[/YouTube]

"I got a snake man! One time I fed it some beer man! It was slithering this way and that! It was all ****ed up!"

Last edited:

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Sandler has enough good movies that I forgive his garbage ones. Every actor, I don't care how good they are, has shitty movies.

What I want to know is, how the hell is Billy Madison and the Wedding Singer on your list of in-between movies?

V3NMOUS

Old guy's rule!
Established Member
Little Nicky was funny, 50 First Dates was good for a chick flick. Happy Gilmore is a classic, as well as Waterboy. I liked The Longest Yard, lots of cool cameos.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Hit or miss is a good way to put it. Some of his misses are good movies but pale in comparison to his better ones. Alot of scenes in Anger Management were filmed in the tow I grew up in. He rented out the Gym from my elementary school so he play basket ball during his breaks from filming.

deadpres

everyday is caturday
Established Member
My fingers hurt. What was that? My fingers hurt. Well, your back is going to hurt because you just pulled landscaping duty!

Jroc

Established Member
What I want to know is, how the hell is Billy Madison and the Wedding Singer on your list of in-between movies?

Putting Billy Madison on the in-between list was hard for me to do as for me it's borderline good/in-between. While some of the parts were classic for Sandler movies(The "want to touch the hinney" and the "O'Doyle Rules" parts for example) some of it was annoying to me, and maybe I've seen it one too many times, but I thought that "Happy Gilmore" and "The Waterboy" were better movies so I put "Billy Madison" on the in-between list. It was kind of a toss up for me though.

"The Wedding Singer" much like "50 First Dates" tried to be to cute for me. They're not bad, but they got to the point where I'm thinking can we just skip these corny parts. Sandler and Barrymore tend to be that way I guess. I liked Mr. Deed better than either of those. Crazy Eyes tripped me out in that movie.

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I would put 50 first dates on the pretty good but not outstanding list. the other mentioned are about what I think of them as well. except for "click" I watched it but didn't think it was all that.

Users who are viewing this thread