Dislike open cup holders,... so I made a new center console :-)

2000Formulaman

Hey Guys. A while back I asked if anyone made cupholder deletes for our center consoles. I didn't have any luck with it. I really dislike the look of the center cupholders, I believe its way to much "clutter". So I made a new center console sans cup holder. Enjoy.

BEFORE:
image1.PNG

AFTER:

image1(1).JPG

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
I like it. Can you provide more details on the how to...

Last edited:

2000Formulaman

I was waiting for something cheesy, but that looks good.

Thanks guys! I knew those "Where do you put your drink" questions were coming. Thing is I've never really had a drink in the car since I got it, and I just prefer a clean race car look in the car than the stock basic "every other" mustang. I wish the 350's came like this. I did the sides as well, and its all covered in Alcantara to match door panels.

image1(1).JPG

MastaAce03

Established Member
Sick. Drinks in the cup holder always annoyed ms while shifting, so I don't bring them in the car anymore. Passengers can hold their damn drink. Looks amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Famine

Established Member
Did you just fiberglass where the cupholders were after you grinded down the lifted areas and then wrap it in alcantara?

CO Mack

Established Member
I do lots of roadtripping in mine so I prefer the ugly cupholders, but that looks awesome. Very nicely done!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I use the cup holders in my Edge Sport to hold my iPhone, etc. I can, though, definitely see a need for your mod when cup holders aren't used/not needed at all. Yours looks really nice. WELL DONE! IMO it would be nice if the factory provided a sans-cup holder option for those who just don't want cup holders. Much cleaner look, as illustrated in your own application. Again, well done!

2000Formulaman

Looks fantastic, OP. Would you be open to selling them?

You know, I haven't thought about it. If people are interested, I could try make some more. But I just don't think it would be very budget friendly. I'll try get some more pics of the stitching on it that my upholstery shop did. The Alanctara material (this stuff is expensive!) and upholstery shop labor to cover the sides and center console after I was done cost me about $700. Then its my labor and prep on top of that to get it ready for coverage. So you are looking at about $1000 or a little more for all 3 pieces coming to you. Like I said,... not cheap :-(

another pic:
1sm.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
You know, I haven't thought about it. If people are interested, I could try make some more. But I just don't think it would be very budget friendly. I'll try get some more pics of the stitching on it that my upholstery shop did. The Alanctara material (this stuff is expensive!) and upholstery shop labor to cover the sides and center console after I was done cost me about $700. Then its my labor and prep on top of that to get it ready for coverage. So you are looking at about $1000 or a little more for all 3 pieces coming to you. Like I said,... not cheap :-(

another pic:
View attachment 86951

Get what you pay for sir. Let me know if you are open to the idea, I've got some customers who may appreciate a piece of this caliber.

Smm7PT

Established Member
Looks great! Wouldn't work here in Ohio or Kentucky/WV need a cup holder for your "Spitta"...

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread