Dilemma 2.9 whipple (front intake) or vmp TVS 2

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I spent some time taking to BJ at the track today about similar goals (6oo-625 whp on 93 oct 10 second time slips) and he was very informative and not pushy at all. for the price and my goals Im strongly leaning twards a v3 kit... fun for both street and track!
thanks for the time today BJ Ill be in contact soon for a tune. ;)

You're welcome and I look forward to it.

bj

Zona14Stang

Established Member
Their website says "Optional Dual 11'' fans". The drop down on the stage 2 and stage 3 kit indicates +$400 for the upgrade.

Stg 2 has the dual fan triple core VMP intercooler..I bought the stg 2 then ended up adding to the BAP, twin jet , Id1000's etc So I would get the Stg 3 from the start you will end up adding anyway

evil281

Established Member
Stg 2 has the dual fan triple core VMP intercooler..I bought the stg 2 then ended up adding to the BAP, twin jet , Id1000's etc So I would get the Stg 3 from the start you will end up adding anyway

That's exactly correct for the stage 2 and 3 vmp kits. My comment is in regards to the downside of the whipple not having the fans without paying $400 extra.

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
If your half crafty and only want fans for those in traffic or at track days...buy some from jegs super cheap wire them yourself and run a switch

8" fans for $50=/- each

roll of wire and fuse with a switch
all in $200 and it only runs when you want it to, and for track duty can be left running constantly, and if you were real tricky could probably hook intercooler pump into this circuit with minimal effort

RIPN

Established Member
Tell you what OP....just finished with my VMP stage 2 and very impressed. I think I made the perfect decision.

1sb0jb.jpg

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I posted in another thread asking for advice on power adders.

It was a local shop, very reputable, but mostly experienced with the LS engine. The bulk of their work is on Camaro and Corvette. They have done work before on the Coyote, but I could tell that it was inexperience. The gist of the conversation was, "This is what I had to do when figuring out how to tune the Mustang."

11k for 550RWHP.

I will be giving Justin a call soon. He was out of office yesterday.

sounds like that shop is just used to bending Corvette owners over and long stroking them dry...

RIPN

Established Member
Looks awesome man! do you have the numbers? :)

Thank you. Unfortunately no....tuner fell threw, said he had other projects, like wtf. So I just dataloged and shot it over to Justin. I'm going to get it on the rollers within a month for sure. Base tune he sent me was very smooth, full exhaust setup, and he said everything looks pretty good. It does rub slightly on the hood though......not sure what I'm going to do about that yet. Happy with the power for now ;)

Last edited:

demas

Established Member
Thank you. Unfortunately no....tuner fell threw, said he had other projects, like wtf. So I just dataloged and shot it over to Justin. I'm going to get it on the rollers within a month for sure. Base tune he sent me was very smooth, full exhaust setup, and he said everything looks pretty good. It does rub slightly on the hood though......not sure what I'm going to do about that yet. Happy with the power for now ;)

Sounds great:) I am waiting for mine to arrive!
Which mods do you have? Did you upgrade something from the stage 2 kit?

RIPN

Established Member
1 7/8 SW headers, SW high flow cats, SW cat back. Only opted for colder plugs. See your in IL, you in the NW area by chance?

RIPN

Established Member
The blower or the CIA?

The snout of the blower is leaving a imprint on my hood lining. Hope it's not hindering performance!

My apologizes demas, would of been nice to have a fellow mustang friend in the area.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
The snout of the blower is leaving a imprint on my hood lining. Hope it's not hindering performance!

My apologizes demas, would of been nice to have a fellow mustang friend in the area.

Just remove your hood liner. I took mine off & it looks better without it.

Scott8583

Addicted to Corn!
Established Member
I have a Gen 1 Roush... If I remember right, it's the JLT CAI that rubs a small spot in the hood liner.
Here's what it looks like off... I took the firewall liner off too & it also looks better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 178
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    650.7 KB · Views: 195

RIPN

Established Member
Hmm I don't JLT is hitting, I'm going to have to check. But I will have to remove lining, worried about damage over time even though the material is pretty soft. But that is one nice ride Scott. Happy to be in the TVS club finally! Always had Paxton in the past, glad I made this decision. One of these days I'll have to try e85 like yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread