~Digital Camera Look Inside~ - - - - - - - - ->

chevysRslow

Established Member
I like the 5 MP Kodak with 10X optical zoom. Have used a friends and am impressed with the results. It's high on my list unless I go with the digital rebel.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I have a Sony DSC-F828. Expensive but worth every penny. I bought it at Circuit City with 17 months same as cash. 8 megapixel and the photos are very sharp and with a very fast shutter speed objects don't blur that often. Plus its uses memory stick or compact flash memory.

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
I bought a Sony Cybershot w7 and I love it. Very easy to use and has but has enough advanced features for you to grow into. I've been very impressed with the quality of pictures.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have owned a few digital cameras, including the Olympus 3030 Zoom, Minolta Dimage 7, and Canon PowerShot S2 IS (which I presently own). They were all middle to higher end cameras (not SLR though). The best I found is the Canon Powershot S2 IS. I absolutely love it. It's everything I've ever wanted in a digital camera without moving to an SLR. The Minolta Dimage 7 was the worse. The color was terrible. I even upgraded the software but the colors were always too much on the red side. And it ate batteries like crazy. My Canon Powershot S2 IS (5MP) is frugal with batteries, lightweight, easy to use, and the colors are about as natural as you can get. As I would expect with just about any Canon digital. One thing that I absolutely love about this camera is that it has a 12X optical zoom. Very handy! Great for the track! I also notice that the shutter delay on this camera is minimal compared to my old Minolta and Olympus digitals. With the Minolta at the track, I literally had to snap the pic and hope I caught my subject. Even when the shutter button was depressed halfway. With my Canon I get the subject exactly where I want it every time.

Choose your digital camera carefully, no matter what brand or model you look at. Because they are NOT all equal. Some have major Pros, and some have major Cons. Avoid the Minolta Dimage series IMO. Thankfully I was able to sell mine on eBay and the proceeds all but paid for my Canon. ;-)

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I just bought a sony w7 7.2 mega pixels. I love it so far ,it has many advanced features. I wanted a camera that I could hold easly and yet wasn't to big to take along to events. Check one out I think you will like it.

mred612

Established Member
I have a Minolta Dimage Z5. Love it!!! 5mp, 12xoptical, 4xdigital, up to 20 fps. Only bout $385. I thought it was a wonderful deal. It takes very good pix.

Mach Daddy

Life Is Mach1derful !!!
Established Member

I have a Canon 10D. It's a generation older than the Canon 20D that some in this thread have. They are both very, very good cameras that a reasonably priced for the quality of the product. If you want to step up from there, open you wallet and dig deep to purchase a Canon 1D.

I also purchased a 15-300 mm zoom lens ... no regrets. ;)

svtcontour

Established Member
Had a Rebel 300D with was great but I upgraded to a 20D which is even better :) I hear the Nikon SLR are great as well but I'm kinda partial to the Canon stuff. The 350XT is great too. Its almost the perfect camera for the $$.

I took a picture of a Siamese fighting fish using my 20D through some dirty glass with the 18-55 kit lens and it came out really well :) Love my 20D. Mind you I'm still learning so hopefully shots get better and better

betta2_800.jpg

The full resolution one can be seen here:
http://powerthings.com/pics/aquarium/betta2.jpg

ProZac

Established Member
Hey Iam getting ready to order soon i been likeing the Canon Ok I Need some camera people helping me pic one of these 2 camera out for me its either the Canon PowerShot SD500 Or The Canon PowerShot SD450 Which one? i See the 450 has 2592 x 1944 Max Resolution, 5.0 megapixel Image Sensor.. and the 500 has 3072 x 2304 Max Resolution, 7.1 megapixel Image Sensor... and also.... the 450 has MMC Storage and iam not sure what that is and if i need or not.. could someone help me please iam ready to buy and i only want to buy 1 camera and be happy with it Thanks.. Zach

Traffic_Cone

Established Member
jdk said:
http://dpreview.com/reviews/

Read the reviews for both.. I'm betting the only difference is Max resolution and price.. Ask yourself if you need that extra resolution.
Ah yes very old and very good camera website...just check out the reviews and the picture quality from each camera taken by different users. In the end remember Optical > Digital Zoom...and run from fuji :thumbsup:. Quick recommendation I would suggest for all around size and features the s80.

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
Also it's worth noting that I think on dpreview they're overly critical of some features on the cheaper cameras.. If you look at their list of 'highly recommended' cameras most of them are $3k+ DSLRS..

I bought my W7 based off the review on that site, and even though it was only 'recommended' and not 'highly recommended', It's still been great for me.

G-STANG

Established Member
I also have a cannon eos 20d. Simply an amazing camera. It is big and bulky but that is how I like it. I like the way my hand is positioned when I hold it. Try a bunch of cameras that you like and see which one works the best for you with taking pictures. Everyone is different. That is the way I went. I was going to buy the Rebel xt but it felt to small for me, tried the 20d and well I bought it.

Last edited:

ProZac

Established Member
Max Resolution whats that mean.. in them both i picked whats the differnce if anyone could tell me thanks~ also thanks on fast replying..

ProZac

Established Member
I Just want a good one of these powershots camera form canon that takes good pics indoors and outdoors and that are clear pictures no fades no nothing..

jdk

No fun til someone dies
Established Member
ProZac said:
Max Resolution whats that mean.. in them both i picked whats the differnce if anyone could tell me thanks~ also thanks on fast replying..

:shrug: You already answered the question.. One takes pictures at 2592 x 1944 and the other at 3072 x 2304..

As far as I can tell they're the same camera, only one can take higher resolution pictures.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread