~Digital Camera Look Inside~ - - - - - - - - ->

ProZac

Established Member
Iam Posting in Here Cause From the pics u guys and gals post they are very clear and look like a good camera and iam in the process of getting one but not sure what kind? I Want a good one to take clear pics of cars and outside things wont be doing much nite time taking tho... i might do some sound clips also and maybe a tad bit video but i wanna have a hook up to use on the computer. Can Anyone help me out on which camera do go with? i like to have a med size nothing to big.. and easy to use also hope someone can help i will appreciate it.... Zach*

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
medium sized sounds like the G6. It's made by Canon. Great camera. Also look into the slim cameras...Canon and Sony brands. Get a sorted list by price and see what's in your price range. Again, stick to Sony or Canon.

http://www.pricescan.com/digiphoto/08010100.asp

Since you mentioned taking pics of cars here are some I took over the summer. My camera is a Canon S2 IS (about 450 on ebay, quite bulky because of the big zoom).

car11.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

car4.jpg

racerat

200+mph Boss-O-Matic!
Established Member
Diehard Nikon user here.

I have a Nikon coolpix 5000 w/extra lenses for sale because I upgraded to the D70s. PM me if you're interested.

97Stangv6

Distractions suck....
Established Member
I dont know how much money you want to spend but at the lower range i would recomend the Nikon Coolpix 3200 For $200 you can go wrong. Its only 3.2Megpixel though, but it does take some decent video.

ProZac

Established Member
Canon PowerShot SD400 Hows That One... Price Range $200-$350 Thanks Guys...

ProZac

Established Member
Canon PowerShot SD450
2592 x 1944 Max Resolution, 5.0 megapixel Image Sensor, 3x Optical Zoom, 4x Digital Zoom, SD Card + MMC Storage, USB Connectivity, Movie Capture, built-in Flash ??

Canon PowerShot SD400
2592 x 1944 Max Resolution, 5.0 megapixel Image Sensor, 3x Optical Zoom, 4x Digital Zoom, SD Card Storage, USB Connectivity, Movie Capture, built-in Flash ??

Whats the difffernce? and how are them?

merfsiu

Established Member
I went SLR and will never go back. It may not exactly match your criteria but trust me. I have a digital rebel and it uses the same lens mount thet they have been using for the last 30 years, so there are tons of lenses on ebay.

SLR All The WAY!!!

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I went Fuji, and I don't like it. It seems that the hardware crashes all the time, and I have a hard time getting my pictures off the camera due to it freezing all the time.

RioRed4v

Established Member
another vote for the Canon S2 IS. bought one a few months back when they first came out. love it. no complains, clear pics, lots of settings.

STOKED

Forced induction freak
Established Member
RioRed4v said:
another vote for the Canon S2 IS. bought one a few months back when they first came out. love it. no complains, clear pics, lots of settings.

Times 2.

I am looking at getting the new canon 5d now.

DCAN87

Established Member
merfsiu said:
I went SLR and will never go back. It may not exactly match your criteria but trust me. I have a digital rebel and it uses the same lens mount thet they have been using for the last 30 years, so there are tons of lenses on ebay.

SLR All The WAY!!!
I'm going to the camera shop today to look at the rebels. I think I'm gonna pick one up.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
It depends on what you want. If you want a point and shoot cam to just carry around in your pocket, get a little Canon or Sony- they both use the same CCD image-capturing chips so the image quality is virtually identical. If you want something very pro-like (which I don't think you do), get a Canon 20D or a Nikon D70. I have the 20D and LOVE it, but it isn't exactly something that's good or comfortable to walk around with. Good luck!

ProZac

Established Member
Not looking for a big camera... just want a good pic so u cant see blurr... and i want able to hook up on the computer and send pics to people or save it to my computer... the ones i listed above how are them and what are the bad things about them? i just wanna take pics of cars and etc.. i dont really need video but it would be nice a short clip do them above have video? thanks Zach!!

Users who are viewing this thread