Difficulty coming to terms with AED tune

CPRsm

Exhaust leaks will make the popping much worse!!!
I guy I know :rollseyes didn't tighten a vband all the way. Fuggin cannons out the back on the shift.

Mike50

Established Member
Since i added headers and offroad xpipe i hear reasonable amounts of popping with my VMP tune.
Not sure i like it but its tolerable.
I have a Roush TVS with VMP tune and Borla exhaust, and I get quite a bit of popping and gurgling, mainly on deceleration. I LOVE it! The stock Roush tune didn't do it nearly as much, but VMP's tune turned my car into a screaming maniac.

Holovacko

Established Member
Non AED tune. O/R x-pipe, Roush AB. Car popped on decel. Switched back to stock mufflers, doesn't pop at all now.

kona12

Established Member
:pepper:And i thought it was just me getting concern and annoyed with popping, now after all this Im a happy camper:pepper::pepper::pepper:

burke985

Established Member
Aed tuned here and it pops a little but its nothing i had to come to terms with i barely notice it any more.

65sohc

Established Member
I read about the "exhaust crackle" feature on another forum and had Shaun add it into my tune. With open Boss quad pipes it sounds like two rifle shots in rapid succession. I love downshifting to second at about 4500 entering a left turn in traffic, scaring the shit out of the guy in the lane next to me, and rocketing out.

Funny5.0

Established Member
The type of exhaust definitely contributes to the popping. When I had the Roush it popped like crazy. With the GT500's it hardly popped at all. I then deleted the cats and got more popping but not as much as the Roush. I personally like the crackle and pop.

Last edited:

Laztug

Established Member
Current AED works great, do you have any vids of the popping you are experiencing?

You could purchase some resonators and place some sound deadener in your trunk floor to help quiet down the popping a bit.

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
If my car did that, I would most likely put it back to stock...
I was always a huge fan of deep smooth free flowing exhaust of the 4.6l motors.
I dont mind some crackle here and there but that right there would drive me absolutely insane.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Ohhhhh boy, sounds like a few guys in here need the Tampon Tune...

Does the car drive well at partial throttle?
Is the car fast?
Has it blown up?

People that make threads like this need to just leave cars stock. The man (AED) tunes your car over the INTERNET and THIS is what you complain about? Really?

SCalla1384

Established Member
If my car did that, I would most likely put it back to stock...
I was always a huge fan of deep smooth free flowing exhaust of the 4.6l motors.
I dont mind some crackle here and there but that right there would drive me absolutely insane.

No shit.

I don't mind the popping, but some of the guys are probably older or they just don't want an obnoxious exhaust that keeps popping. I don't see what the big deal is?

I've gotten pulled over in the next town over for "modified exhaust" then anywhere else combined. If its popping constantly its asking for attention so I can't blame OP. Maybe he just likes a smooth exhaust note.

Exhaust popping doesn't add inches to your ****.

I personally like it, but there's a limit.

Users who are viewing this thread