Did you order your Shelby?

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Route66 said:
Has CrazyHorse been able to order his yet???
Not yet. I've a couple deals fall through. The one I'm working now wants to see his allotment first. Trust me, I'llbe posting when I get it ordered.

jcthorne

Established Member
Ordered 3/14

Ordered mine 3/14. Vista Blue Coupe with Tungsten Stripes, Premium trim package and shaker 1000. Order # 0005, Priority 10, Order Type 1 Price Level 700. Order Code 820A and then my customer name is shown.

Agreed to 5k over and forked over a deposit for same.

Anyone know what the order number, order type, price level and order code mean?

84monteSS

Established Member
ordered Shelby

ordered mine. white with blue with white stripes. Interior upgrade.
Owner of dealership told me last March that he wouldn't mark up,
and is standing by what he told me. This is why I buy all my vehicles
from this dealership, same salesperson. The owner wants one, but won't take
one until everyone who has a deposit down gets theres. I'm second on the
list, but can't take delivery until November, but owner said he'll hold onto
until I can. Great dealership. Roy O'Briens in St. Clair Shores, Michigan, ask
for Carol.

1BadKB03

Established Member
I have called alot of dealers around the dallas area. And there is not a single one that can help me. They will say that they already sold them or that they cant order any as of yet. Any advice would be much apprecitated

bullittman

Established Member
TieBreaker said:
I have called alot of dealers around the dallas area. And there is not a single one that can help me. They will say that they already sold them or that they cant order any as of yet. Any advice would be much apprecitated

At this point I'd just lay back a bit, keep in touch with the dealers and as time goes by there will be dropouts and additional info which will clarify production qty's and other info. Pricing will ease up later on in the run . :beer:

jcthorne

Established Member
I spoke to over 400 dealers before I made the deal. the internet is a great avenue to make contacts. keep trying, you best bet is smaller dealers away from major metro areas.

frankin

Established Member
mrGT said:
There's nothing wrong with that philosophy! That's a sharp looking Cobra in your driveway. I do hope you know that the car will be basically worthless...that's not a derogative statement...I just mean for anything to be worth money, you have to be willing to sell it. My guess is, 25-30 years from now you won't be able to....so take good care of it and get the enjoyment you deserve. I know I wished I would have kept my '70 Boss. (and it would be worthless to me today as well.)

Yea, I agree. If I would have kept my 70 RR it would have to be stored, and even then it would have to be restored and upgraded to be worth anything, and I sold it around that time for a very low price. Thank you for the compliment on my car. It is worthless unless you sell it and I don't see any staggering value in them. It is what it is, and we did buy it to enjoy it, not to store it and wait for it to be valuable.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
jcthorne said:
I spoke to over 400 dealers before I made the deal. the internet is a great avenue to make contacts. keep trying, you best bet is smaller dealers away from major metro areas.
you spoke to over 400 dealers and 5k over was the deal you settled on?

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
It's been crazy around here! Every dealership around here has 20 or more people wanting to buy one. What’s good is that most of the dealers are giving previous customers first shot at their cars. Which is how I think it should be! They should show some kind of loyalty to repeat customers. But it sucks if they wait until the last minute to ask for a car. I know 3 dealers here in Cincinnati that had to push people back for that exact reason.

Good Luck Guys

Tim

GT500Rocket

Established Member
Got mine on order.

Ordered mine friday :-D . Went back to my dealer today to find out order number and such and had the Ford rep called while I was there. He said that Ford was going to build the 2007 Mustang before any of the Shelbys went into production. He said production is schedules for August 1st with early deliveries sometime in October :nono: . He said the first ones off the line will go through quality control inspections to see if there are any evident problems that will be fixed before shipping out to customers so there want be recalls on the first ones out.
My order number was 4 days into the order process and I have #3001 so that means these things are selling like hotcakes. Hope that is a good thing but not sure what it will do to exclusitivity of the car if the orders continue to pour in like this.
Also the rep said that the pricing should be out to the dealers in a few days so hopefully we will all know what these babys are worth very soon.

04SCRMINYLWVERT

Established Member
GT500Rocket said:
Ordered mine friday :-D . Went back to my dealer today to find out order number and such and had the Ford rep called while I was there. He said that Ford was going to build the 2007 Mustang before any of the Shelbys went into production. He said production is schedules for August 1st with early deliveries sometime in October :nono: . He said the first ones off the line will go through quality control inspections to see if there are any evident problems that will be fixed before shipping out to customers so there want be recalls on the first ones out.
My order number was 4 days into the order process and I have #3001 so that means these things are selling like hotcakes. Hope that is a good thing but not sure what it will do to exclusitivity of the car if the orders continue to pour in like this.
Also the rep said that the pricing should be out to the dealers in a few days so hopefully we will all know what these babys are worth very soon.

If Ford can get the parts, this thing will be all over the place. It will be Fords Corvette. Why not when there going to sell 10k in less then a month, and the cars aren't even being produced yet? If there only making 7k this year, then you probably have another week and a half to order one, or you'll be waiting until next year.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
GT500Rocket said:

Uh, not to argue with the "Ford rep", but.....I have an email from Ford (from last Friday) that says production is June 5, 2006 (for the Shelby). The first run cars (you know, the ones where they find "any evident problems") are already built...well almost. The bulk of them are. There are 89 of them. 45 coupes, 44 'verts. BIG, BIG dealerships, race teams, drivers, etc will get most of them. Dealers had no say in the colors, but they're doing a variety. Almost all have the interior upgrade, Shaker 1000 and Sirius. (Ford has a stake in Sirius).

You may want to ask your dealer what that 3001 number means.

bj

portside

Established Member
I ordered my Shelby in St Louis on Monday, March 20th. I ordered a coupe in performance white with blue stripes. Got my order confirmation in hand. Dealer told me that all of his Shelbys will sell at above MSRP. I will keep mine on order, but will get my deposit back if they get greedy. No pricing of any kind was available. Until then i will continue to enjoy my 03 cobra.

GT500Rocket

Established Member
FLYVNE04 said:
Uh, not to argue with the "Ford rep", but.....I have an email from Ford (from last Friday) that says production is June 5, 2006 (for the Shelby). The first run cars (you know, the ones where they find "any evident problems") are already built...well almost. The bulk of them are. There are 89 of them. 45 coupes, 44 'verts. BIG, BIG dealerships, race teams, drivers, etc will get most of them. Dealers had no say in the colors, but they're doing a variety. Almost all have the interior upgrade, Shaker 1000 and Sirius. (Ford has a stake in Sirius).

You may want to ask your dealer what that 3001 number means.

bj

No problem, I hope your source is better than mine. Of course dealers don't always get the real skinny from the reps as they can tell them anything and unforunately that is how distorted info gets out in the street. If what you are saying is right then the deliveries might be as early as mid to late August which would be real sweet. Thanks for the update and we will just cross our fingers and wait.

GT500Rocket

Established Member
The dealer told me the 3001 was my order number on the confirmation sheet. I would think that would be the number of orders already placed but maybe not, seems like they would use some type of sequential number system to monitor orders.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
GT500Rocket said:
No problem, I hope your source is better than mine. Of course dealers don't always get the real skinny from the reps as they can tell them anything and unforunately that is how distorted info gets out in the street. If what you are saying is right then the deliveries might be as early as mid to late August which would be real sweet. Thanks for the update and we will just cross our fingers and wait.

What we *don't* know is in what order the cars will actually be built. When I spoke to my contact at Ford, they said that in the case of '05/'06 Mustang GTs, it was sometimes as much as 9 months before a car was built after it was ordered. The old days of 6 weeks is long gone. In this case, my car was ordered on day one, around noon. There were 300+ ahead of me. Again, according to Ford, this isn't a "hard" number that really represents much, more specifically it doesn't represent that there were REALLY 300 ahead of me. Ford wants Shelbys on the road, in the hands of customers and on showroom floors, asap. Although they start actual production on 6/5, it will be very late July to early August before they start showing up at dealerships. A lot that has to do with efficiencies in shipping. Your car or mine may actually be built on June10th, but it will sit for a month and a half while they get enough cars to ship in your direction. Otherwise, the shipping price you pay woule be in the thousands versus hundreds of dollars. As for ideas when you'll know more about your particular car...you won't know much til the order goes to the actual line.

bj

Users who are viewing this thread