Did you order your Shelby?

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
Post up if you placed your order... :thumbsup:

I'm in the system as of today...White (GW) coupe (820A)w/ Blue stripes (858)...Black guts (GW)...Shaker 1000 (918)...Premium interior (68S). :rockon:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Snakebite said:
Post up if you placed your order... :thumbsup:

I'm in the system as of today...White (GW) coupe (820A)w/ Blue stripes (858)...Black guts (GW)...Shaker 1000 (918)...Premium interior (68S). :rockon:

Red coupe
White stripes
Charcoal/black interior
Premium interior

bj :coolman:

....it was ordered Monday.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
I have not ordered mine yet. I know that is not what you wanted posted here, but, I wanted to add "Please post your deal and be honest" I think the people need to know what they are actually going for. I plan to order mine tomorrow or Friday.

ToddL

Established Member
Exact same as Snakebites. Order placed today. MSRP agreement signed by dealer for first available. :banana:

Now for the hard part........ I have to sell by 66 convertible. However, I have wanted a Shelby mustang for as long as I can remember (I am 43), so its now or never. I am just thankful I found a small dealer 2 hours away that had no list, and only a few calls. I offered a $500 deposit, he accepted, and we signed an agreement at MSRP.

Last edited:

rukrazy

Established Member
ordered mine tuesday, T88, 820A body code, Torch Red(D3) White stripes(854) Black interior w/red (GR) Prem interior pkg(68S) Sat Radio(50S). Going to be along summer waiting on arrival.

bullittman

Established Member
I placed my order on monday.......Coupe, Alloy with upgraded interior and Sirius. At this time I have a VOC only , no DORA. I've been working on this over a year and price will be MSRP.

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
This isn't directed to any one personally but I can't believe you guys are ordering this car when we have no idea what the price is??? Seems a little risky to me IMO.

frankin

Established Member
03Terminator said:
This isn't directed to any one personally but I can't believe you guys are ordering this car when we have no idea what the price is??? Seems a little risky to me IMO.

I agree, but to some, money is no object. I like the Terminator body style much better, and I know they only made 5,082 of this one and no more will be produced. I think everyone that wants the Shelby believes they are going to be very valuable because of the Shelby name on it. With SVT going away, this could become a regular production car with thousands produced. I would wait, even if I had the extra cash. :shrug:

Last edited:

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
03Terminator said:
Remember...you don't have to take delivery on a vehicle just because you ordered it. If the deal isn't right...those that ordered can still walk.

LSR

2nd To None
Established Member
Snakebite said:
Remember...you don't have to take delivery on a vehicle just because you ordered it. If the deal isn't right...those that ordered can still walk.

That's Right

So many are in panic about no price being set yet. And waiting because of markups.

And like ToddL said in this thread, all one has to do is call/shop around, like I also did. And you will find dealers willing to sell you the car at MSRP with no problem.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
frankin said:
I agree, but to some, money is no object. I like the Terminator body style much better, and I know they only made 5,082 of this one and no more will be produced. I think everyone that wants the Shelby believes they are going to be very valuable because of the Shelby name on it. With SVT going away, this could become a regular production car with thousands produced. I would wait, even if I had the extra cash. :shrug:
Money is an object, but, 40-45 is in my price range. I feel that the car is worth that. So, making a deal at MSRP (which we know will be 40-45) tells me I will be OK.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
I ordered a Blue with white stripes Charcoal/black interior Premium interior. I'm under MSRP what ever the heck that will be! I get the first car my dealership gets!

Tim

mrGT

Established Member
frankin said:
There's nothing wrong with that philosophy! That's a sharp looking Cobra in your driveway. I do hope you know that the car will be basically worthless...that's not a derogative statement...I just mean for anything to be worth money, you have to be willing to sell it. My guess is, 25-30 years from now you won't be able to....so take good care of it and get the enjoyment you deserve. I know I wished I would have kept my '70 Boss. (and it would be worthless to me today as well.)

Footman

order

I had my dealer submit my order on 3/13/06 for one GT 500 coupe, white stripes, crimpson red interior, satelite radio and interior upgrade. No dora yet price will be around MSRP or a little over. My dealer has not heard anything about production but rumor with his regional director is June. Hope to hear people are getting doras soon.
Foot man

Last edited:

MYGT500

Established Member
i ordered mine about 2 weeks ago...Red,white stripes,premium interior,sirus radio,2 tone interior I'm no1 in line

mrGT

Established Member
MYGT500 said:
i ordered mine about 2 weeks ago...Red,white stripes,premium interior,sirus radio,2 tone interior I'm no1 in line
Okay, how'd you do that? I thought the order desk only opened last Monday the 13th.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
mrGT said:
Okay, how'd you do that? I thought the order desk only opened last Monday the 13th.

You are correct. Anything before that didn't make it in the system. And the "I'm No. 1 in line" comment? In *what* line? The dealer's maybe, but not Fords. If someone told them otherwise they're specializing in :bs:

Users who are viewing this thread