Did you order your Shelby?

MYGT500

Established Member
FLYVNE04 said:
You are correct. Anything before that didn't make it in the system. And the "I'm No. 1 in line" comment? In *what* line? The dealer's maybe, but not Fords. If someone told them otherwise they're specializing in :bs:

I put a 2k deposit down in Jan 06,to be first in line to get a car..the dealer has since took 7 deposit,with the understanding that they will likely only get 3 cars. they told people that the only way they would get an 07,if other people drop out of line .
My order was offically put in the system at Ford 3-2-06...I have seen the print out of the order

VNMOUS1

Established Member
MYGT500 said:
I put a 2k deposit down in Jan 06,to be first in line to get a car..the dealer has since took 7 deposit,with the understanding that they will likely only get 3 cars. they told people that the only way they would get an 07,if other people drop out of line .
My order was offically put in the system at Ford 3-2-06...I have seen the print out of the order

With all due respect, unless you are a Ford exec, you didn't have an order in on the 2nd. They're honkin' your horn. (a) The dealer order banks wouldn't accept an input til the 13th. (b) The real (not the prelim) order guide and it's numbers weren't released until the 10th. (c) Even if he/she DID somehow get the codes, they could have entered them, printed it out for you but when they hit F4 to submit, trust me on this one, nothing happened.

IF you truly have not only a Vehicle Order Confirmation sheet, but the 2nd page as well, which is where at the bottom it will read:

ORDER NO. #### HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE ORDER BANK

.......then YOU are truly the exception to all the rules and I stand corrected.
And, if I may be so bold, I assume that under the headings of:

RETAIL DLR INV

that there are no numbers, is that correct? If you have numbers, please share because none of us (dealer, consumer, no one) have seen the pricing.

Enjoy your car.

MYGT500

Established Member
FLYVNE04 said:
With all due respect, unless you are a Ford exec, you didn't have an order in on the 2nd. They're honkin' your horn. (a) The dealer order banks wouldn't accept an input til the 13th. (b) The real (not the prelim) order guide and it's numbers weren't released until the 10th. (c) Even if he/she DID somehow get the codes, they could have entered them, printed it out for you but when they hit F4 to submit, trust me on this one, nothing happened.

IF you truly have not only a Vehicle Order Confirmation sheet, but the 2nd page as well, which is where at the bottom it will read:

RETAIL DLR INV

that there are no numbers, is that correct? If you have numbers, please share because none of us (dealer, consumer, no one) have seen the pricing.

Enjoy your car.

All i can tell u is that on the second,my dealer called me,asked me what colors,options I wanted,and while on the phone,he read me the order codes from their computer. then he asked me to be sure of what i wanted,because it's hard to change after. He then submited the order,and it accepted it,but also said JOB 1 not built,and had no ETA for arrival..The next day I went in and looked at the paper work. It showed the order with all codes,just like i said...no prices. but the order is defiantly in....on the 2nd of march..

bullittman

Established Member
Mygt500.......I'm happy for you, you could satisfy all ? on this if you have a DORA from the dealer. That is confirmation that your order HAS been accepted from FOMOCO. Your dealer should have this by now. You could scan it and show all (Omitting personal info of course). :)

MYGT500

Established Member
bullittman said:
Mygt500.......I'm happy for you, you could satisfy all ? on this if you have a DORA from the dealer. That is confirmation that your order HAS been accepted from FOMOCO. Your dealer should have this by now. You could scan it and show all (Omitting personal info of course). :)

I was just at my dealer and re-looked at the order, it has been accepted by ford,and while I was there,we changed the charcoal interior to the red/charcoal...maybe i can get a copy of it..i'll ask

pjcobra9t7

Established Member
FLYVNE04 said:

RETAIL DLR INV

Enjoy your car.

No numbers at RETAIL DLR INV

There is an order number 9318 and a priority of 10 and price level 700

VNMOUS1

Established Member
pjcobra9t7 said:

Congrats. A priority number of 10 means you're important :pepper:

10-99 are the codes for the dealers, 10 being the highest priority, 99 meaning here's the order but don't build it.

bj

rukrazy

Established Member
FLYVNE04, again i have to second everything u have stated. I do the ordering for my dealership and on the 2nd of March it was no can do on ordering a T88 or T89(vert). Believe me i tried "concepts" every day. Couldn't even "spec" one out for a customer.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
pjcobra9t7 said:

Order #0001....priority 10...price level 700...order type A. ;-)

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
Mine is ordered....'vert, Tungsten w/ Silver Stripes, Charcoal interior, Shaker 1000, and Premium Interior Pkg. Basically, everything except stripe delete and Sirius radio.

Now, we just have to wait a few more months to get 'em! :coolman:

Once I get it, I will have the Le Mans stripes put on it (thanks for taking them off the 'vert Ford).

DoubleX
In the meantime, I guess I should get my CBR1100XX ready for spring! :banana:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Snakebite said:
Order #0001....priority 10...price level 700...order type A. ;-)

A as in A plan, if so you are the man! The dealership I work at will not let us be in on the first year or until he buys one!

SHELLLB

Established Member
Sad thing but youll see GT500 for sale at dealers that were Dealer ordered before your car comes in. Happened to me when I ordered my Mach1 . Ordered mine june 02 / was not supposed to be in untill june 03. I found one at a dealer Dec 02 with no ones name on it. Just one a dealer ordered. Ford caters to the Dealers first. The Bigger Ford dealers will get there GT500s first.

91svtbird

Established Member
After much stress !{can't go into it here}
Ordered today, MSRP. COUP-Vista Blue/white stripes, prem trim, sat radio
order#s001, priority #10
A big load has been lifted off ,now I can sit back and relax until it arrives!! :coolman: :coolman:

Last edited:

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
so only one person ordered a vert? i was thinking about getting one, but everyone i talk to says get the coupe. i'm ordering mine today so i guess i have to decide soon.

jazzkiller34

The West is the Best
Established Member
gotmach said:
Ford caters to the Dealers first. The Bigger Ford dealers will get there GT500s first.

i hope you're right....i work for the biggest ford dealer in the world!! :) :pepper: :banana:

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
jazzkiller34 said:
i hope you're right....i work for the biggest ford dealer in the world!! :) :pepper: :banana:
Then drive on over to Roscoe Blvd. & order up that coupe!! :beer:

Pony Ride

Established Member
jazzkiller34 said:
so only one person ordered a vert? i was thinking about getting one, but everyone i talk to says get the coupe. i'm ordering mine today so i guess i have to decide soon.

I will be ordering a vert soon as we have a price and the order banks open in Canada. I have to agree that the coupe looks much better , gets the full stripe package, is less wait and cost less but a vert it is for me. I am glad that Ford will bring them out together. Let us know what you ordered.

Pony Ride

Established Member
jazzkiller34 said:

I was at the Ford dealer in Bedford Ohio that took over a Big Kmart store. It must hold over a 100 cars in the show room. I thought for sure that had to be the largest. 12 cars is big in this area.

Users who are viewing this thread