Did you order your Shelby?

chuckstang

Established Member
I have an awkward question as I have never bought a new car before. I am planning on and hoping that come winter time, I will be able to just walk in to my local dealership and buy one for msrp. Now is that at all possible? I just dont want to put an order in now because I have not seen any color combos in person and I dont do blind dates, so that is why I want to wait until they hit showrooms. If you place an official order, does that mean you are legally bound to purchase the car or can you back out if the adm is too high?
I just dont know the new car purchase process to well and dont wana be taken.
As someone else said...Ill just enjoy my new edge for now :)

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
chuckstang said:
I have an awkward question as I have never bought a new car before. I am planning on and hoping that come winter time, I will be able to just walk in to my local dealership and buy one for msrp. Now is that at all possible? I just dont want to put an order in now because I have not seen any color combos in person and I dont do blind dates, so that is why I want to wait until they hit showrooms. If you place an official order, does that mean you are legally bound to purchase the car or can you back out if the adm is too high?
I just dont know the new car purchase process to well and dont wana be taken.
As someone else said...Ill just enjoy my new edge for now :)

My experpience has been that you DO NOT have to take delivery on the car that you order. The only thing that may be in question is your deposit...but that depends on the dealership. I have never had a dealer tell me that I could not receive my deposit back if I could not close on the car upon delivery. Alot of things can change in that time period...job status...income level...re-location...etc. Dealerships recognize this and simply inventory the car. The salesperson will be miffed...but it would be in his/her best interest to make the customer happy to ensure future sales.

Users who are viewing this thread