Diablosport Intune

SoldierSnake

Like a kid again.
Established Member
not a problem for me cuz this is the last new car im buying from Ford anyways! ;-)

Damn bro, every car manufacturer is going to start doing this if not already. If you are willing to mod a car that is new enough to have a factory warranty then you are throwing away that warranty. Yea it would suck if something unrelated to the tune happened to the motor but you couldn’t prove it, and Ford would not cover it. But to swear off of a great automaker, who did not take any money during the bailouts, because they are trying to save money in the long run, is just wrong. My 13 GT is the best American product I have seen yet, so Ford gets my business when it comes to the muscle car genre. At some point we as car owners have to take responsibility for our choices and stop expecting Ford to bend over and take it in the a$$. :beer:

ViciousJay

Established Member
Damn bro, every car manufacturer is going to start doing this if not already. If you are willing to mod a car that is new enough to have a factory warranty then you are throwing away that warranty. Yea it would suck if something unrelated to the tune happened to the motor but you couldn’t prove it, and Ford would not cover it. But to swear off of a great automaker, who did not take any money during the bailouts, because they are trying to save money in the long run, is just wrong. My 13 GT is the best American product I have seen yet, so Ford gets my business when it comes to the muscle car genre. At some point we as car owners have to take responsibility for our choices and stop expecting Ford to bend over and take it in the a$$. :beer:

no sorry after this im done with ford, if i want another ill get another lightning, terminator or gt. The new cars im passing on from here on out, sorry but they can encrypt all they want but in the end i dont have to give them the money

also what happens after the warranty runs out and say i want to build my car? am i forced to have to run through hoops all because they wanted to save a few motors?

Last edited:

sncbluegt

Established Member
I imagine when it comes to that...the aftermarket world will be making PCMs....it's no different than a lot of other things we've had to acclimate to. Like the needing a tune for an off road pipe when used to we could just buy o2 sensor delete plugs and needing a tune to reprogram for tire and gear changes for the speedo when used to all we needed was a different gear in the tail shaft. As things evolve so do we.

2012GTCS

Established Member
Encrypting means making it I Possible to tune at all?? So basically
Putting the Ford Racing aftermarket out of business.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
FRPP will still stay in business, because everyone would much rather buy the Pro-cal than replace the PCM which I'm sure is what you'd have to do to tune it.

whatwhine

Established Member
Sounds like the worst idea ever. I would think if they really do lose that much money in warranty work they will start making changes to the warranties. Y stop the aftermarket?? They improve on fords product. Yea they cost ford some money in warranty work, but it's what makes mustangs mustangs. Ford gives us a cool car, hundreds of companies design parts, r&d, test & tune ect... All to make this one of the greatest car cultures of all time!!

Side note;
Frpp has an Airaid CAI and Trinity tuner combo on their site.... I wonder why they have that package listed right under the procal tuner kit

walked_u_hard

Established Member
You said " the only performance mods my car has is sportlines and roush axleback" you mentioned nothing of a tune or reflashing your car. And you have proven my point that you did not provide us with all the details.

My god, are you really that dense? It's pretty obvious that the car was tuned, other wise why would i be posting in here genius? Its amazing how everyone else in here can read what i was saying, put it all together, and come to the simple conclusion that the car had a tune on it.

I'll clear things up for you, so you can finally understand a simple and easily obtainable point. THE CAR WAS TUNED.

One week before i took the car to the first dealer i returned the car to stock. I put about 400 miles on the car after I returned it to stock, which means the computer went through its self check process and did NOT have a P1000 code displayed. Then i took it to the first dealer. The week after that i took it to the next dealer (2nd). The week after that i took it to the next dealer (3rd). The car remained on its stock tune since before the first dealer and well after the 3rd dealership. The rest of the story is in my previous post, if you some how conveniently forget how to navigate the site please click this link http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/12112102-post118.html

Next time please read, think, then comment.

Last edited:

whatwhine

Established Member
I didn't read into it you had a tune....

"All my car has performance wise is Eibach sportlines and roush axle back. 14k miles w/Manual trans."

Funny. No tune mentioned nor a hint. But I just toned out your whole argument and read the rest of the posts. Guys it's a forum, chill. No need to bicker or name call.
Just my .02.......

walked_u_hard

Established Member
Funny. No tune mentioned nor a hint. But I just toned out your whole argument and read the rest of the posts. Guys it's a forum, chill. No need to bicker or name call.
Just my .02.......

All 3 dealers words were to this affect "Your cars ignition count is too low, which means that it was flashed recently. We can no longer work on your vehicle because of this."

The third dealer was more descriptive than the other 2, they said "You car has been flashed recently (to which i played stupid and acted like i didnt know what that was) and because it has been flashed recently we can not guarantee that it has not caused any additional strain on the transmissions internal bearings"

That pretty much sums it up. Again why would i post here trying to make others aware of what their future can hold if their car is tuned, if i myself did not have a tuner. That would be the equivalent of me going in a honda forum and talking about a boat. I guess people cant put 2+2 together anymore? when saying all i have is springs and axle back, i assumed people could figure out that i meant other than a tuner, since i was posting in a thread about tuners. I was clearly mistaken, and apologize for being so vague.

Last edited:

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
I feel like there still hasn't been a clear answer.

Can I custom tune my own car on my macbook pro with this? Or do I need additional software?

and if I do, is that software free and readily available?

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Let's say I tune my car with this tune can I put e85 fuel

You will have an increase of 30% of fuel consumption with E85 so you need to have a fuel system that can support it. Anything that custom tune for gasoline can custom tune for ethanol. The computer doesn't care what you fuel you run

ViciousJay

Established Member
You will have an increase of 30% of fuel consumption with E85 so you need to have a fuel system that can support it. Anything that custom tune for gasoline can custom tune for ethanol. The computer doesn't care what you fuel you run

All you need is injectors if that, not sure if 04Sleeper is using a set or if Shaun@aed is :shrug:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
All you need is injectors if that, not sure if 04Sleeper is using a set or if Shaun@aed is :shrug:

Kevin (04sleeper) is the E85 guru to ask. Shaun told me in an email that only injectors are needed to run E85. But I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to up the test of the system while you're at it.

PLASMAN

Don
Established Member
Kevin (04sleeper) is the E85 guru to ask. Shaun told me in an email that only injectors are needed to run E85. But I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to up the test of the system while you're at it.

Nothing extra needed to run it if your NA, if your FI then injectors and BAP

scott_0

Established Member
as great as the Diablo rep is making it sound (thats what theyre paid to do right) Im skeptical on the no foot print statement, JPC and Amazon are reputable shops no denying, but past them no one else seems to tune using these intune devices, Ill pass for now as I feel there are lots of promises being made but as I said Im skeptical, I need to see a larger body of work so to speak..........

Users who are viewing this thread