Diablosport Intune

whatwhine

Established Member
Good call ^. If its an ignition count I'll just be sure to start it a couple times extra..... But what if the warranty work is a motor? So your motor is shot, you reload the stock tune and then what? You cant start it at all to get the ign counts......

Heavyfoot

Established Member
Well I wish some magical genie would come and answer all these questions for us so I will know weather or not I'm purchasing one of these next week!!!!!

acrbill

Established Member
Not to seem like a bandwagon jumper but my SCT scares me. Several people have had their ECU bricked while loading a tune. That is a rather expensive problem to find yourself having. The datalogging also leave a lot to be desired as I get PIDs that don't log.

AAG

Established Member
Not trying to knock Diablo because this is awesome, but this might make Ford encrypt the ecu in future models like Chrysler has done with '11+ hemi vehicles.

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
Good call ^. If its an ignition count I'll just be sure to start it a couple times extra..... But what if the warranty work is a motor? So your motor is shot, you reload the stock tune and then what? You cant start it at all to get the ign counts......

You don't have to start the engine, from what I've heard, just key turns. Turn it to the on position then off.

walked_u_hard

Established Member
So you were denied transmission work because your car has lowering springs and mufflers that are not factory? I think you are not supplying all the details, otherwise all the dealers are breaking the law.

You asked me what i had done to the car and i told you, warranty denial had nothing to do with springs and a axle back...

I dont think your paying attention here, the IGNITION COUNTS is why the car was denied for work on the trans. I flashed the car back to stock a week before i took it to the garage and put 450 miles on the car so that the computer went through its self check before they got it for service. started the car about 2-4 times a day, i dont know what fords acceptable ignition count is and they wouldnt tell me.

EXACTLY, you would be screwd. im pretty sure it counts when the vehicle is actually started and not just turning the key back and fourth, other wise why would ford waste there time on something that is so easily bypassed.

Last edited:

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Key counts get reset on PCM flashes discounting the battery excuse doesn't work for the key counts.
The hotline assistant on the flow chart is what will have the dealer pull the key cycle counts.

I have a friend that is a tech at ford. They will not do work on a vehicle that they suspect of a PCM reflash that has a major issue. And he said trans and motor, everything else they don't care.

squeak93

Established Member
So back on topic (kind of), does the diablo reset the key counts? (I don't remember if I read that or not, and am not re reading a 6 page thread, sorry)

faztcobra

Established Member
Yes, we offer the end user more adjustable parameters than any tool available :rockon:
that's cool. I'll need to re-ask though because I was more interested in the same question, but for the tuners. Do they have any more access to the PCM parameters that would allow them more fine tuning ability than they currently have today with SCT? Basically, has Ford given you more access / insight to those parameters?

2012GTCS

Established Member
So "returning to stock" before going to a dealer for all you guys with Offroad Xs/CAI/etc leaves you with a lot of work to do to hide. Now if you have long tubes, your just totally screwed. Might as well get a windshield decal that says "this bitch's tuned!"

Basically, while I'd love to retain a warranty, it just seems like itll be a ton of work for a lot of guys. Even if going in for something small, you wouldnt want them to see it prior. But then again its corporate Ford, not the dealer when you have a major issue

BlackMachWon

WTF?
Established Member
Ken B worked at Diablo Sport and likely helped build this product while he was there. He's now with Lund so, will they tune with them...?

ViciousJay

Established Member
Not to seem like a bandwagon jumper but my SCT scares me. Several people have had their ECU bricked while loading a tune. That is a rather expensive problem to find yourself having. The datalogging also leave a lot to be desired as I get PIDs that don't log.

which is why i sold mine, i love shauns tune but SCT CAN GO F- THEMSELVES and their HALF ASS PRODUCT. What happens if my car blew up cuz i couldnt monitor the correct PIDS on my LiveLink software. I can tell you this they wouldnt be budge on giving me a dime for a new motor

ViciousJay

Established Member
You asked me what i had done to the car and i told you, warranty denial had nothing to do with springs and a axle back...

I dont think your paying attention here, the IGNITION COUNTS is why the car was denied for work on the trans. I flashed the car back to stock a week before i took it to the garage and put 450 miles on the car so that the computer went through its self check before they got it for service. started the car about 2-4 times a day, i dont know what fords acceptable ignition count is and they wouldnt tell me.

EXACTLY, you would be screwd. im pretty sure it counts when the vehicle is actually started and not just turning the key back and fourth, other wise why would ford waste there time on something that is so easily bypassed.

i would have asked for the dealer number and reported them, they cant deny you but chances are you a re better off not using them anyways

seank

Lateral G Lover
Established Member

You said " the only performance mods my car has is sportlines and roush axleback" you mentioned nothing of a tune or reflashing your car. And you have proven my point that you did not provide us with all the details.

I'd still like to know how key cycles are stored or captured and how reflashing resets the count but the battery dying supposedly doesn't even the the flowchart from the TSB seems to indicate it would.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread