Diablosport Intune

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I paid for 412 ponies, so I'm gonna make sure I get all of them lol. It's only a difference of a couple buck between regular and premium fuel per fill up anyways, it's not worth it to me to put anything but the best in my car for that price difference.

Aaron@JPCRacing

Established Member
Keep this thread on track is like herding cat's.

I've got a member who's going to take the car to the dealer in about a week. Let's see if they find anything :)

whatwhine

Established Member
Inevitably I'm switching to 93 due to some mods coming up.....
But i will argue the 87 thing until i feel it's proven without a doubt it's harmful. 9k miles and no detonation, pinging or problems.
I appreciate the help and concern. Some people come across the wrong way and say disrespectful things in the process. I hope I did not.

This is all just my opinion anyway....

jdcobra

Established Member
i paid for 412 ponies, so i'm gonna make sure i get all of them lol. It's only a difference of a couple buck between regular and premium fuel per fill up anyways, it's not worth it to me to put anything but the best in my car for that price difference.

+1

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
But i will argue the 87 thing until i feel it's proven without a doubt it's harmful. 9k miles and no detonation, pinging or problems.
I appreciate the help and concern. Some people come across the wrong way and say disrespectful things in the process. I hope I did not.

Just because you don't hear it at an audible level, doesn't mean its still not happening and causing damage. Why would you risk it to save a few cents at the pump?

This isn't anything new, but rather common sense. A higher compression engine will require a higher octane fuel for optimal performance and safety concerns.

jdcobra

Established Member

Its all good man. At the end of the day we all want to share knowledge we have to help another so we can prevent horrid events like having to buy a new motor. Hell, if it does then it makes it more justifiable to me to build it! :banana:

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Its all good man. At the end of the day we all want to share knowledge we have to help another so we can prevent horrid events like having to buy a new motor. Hell, if it does then it makes it more justifiable to me to build it! :banana:

Agreed sir. Having to replace head gaskets or complete motors because of something that could have easily been avoided just because someone wanted to save a few cents at the pump is crazy thinking. It will cost a whole lot more money to repair a motor than it would paying abit more at the pump. It completely defeats the purpose at that point.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Keep this thread on track is like herding cat's.

I've got a member who's going to take the car to the dealer in about a week. Let's see if they find anything :)

A week to be exact :rockon: I'm taking a half day next Tuesday And taking it in around 1. (im taking it to the Nearest dealer, the one that told me if the PCM is modified my warranty is voided) I'm not sweating it though, from what I've read on this forums and other I truly believe that this device does not reset key counts, or leave any trace/foot print behind.

Last edited:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
A week to be exact :rockon: I'm taking a half day next Tuesday And taking it in around 1. (im taking it to the Nearest dealer, the one that told me if the PCM is modified my warranty is voided) I'm not sweating it though, from what I've read on this forums and other I truly believe that this device does not reset key counts, or leave any trace/foot print behind.
It does reset the in dash MPG though...LOL

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
The pages of this thread go on and on and on, but has anyone even found out if it CAN or CANNOT be found if tuned with an intune?

It was discussed a few pages back from a friend of mine that discussed tuning devices with a tech he knows well at the dealership. Unless they get a work order from Ford telling them to dig deeper into the computer than a dealer can go, they can't go anywhere. But he did say that both SCT and Diablosport don't show traceable evidence at the dealer level to be seen.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
I like to keep track of my MPG, and when I flashed mine the first time, I was half way through the tank. When I saw that, I literally said, "You sonuva b**ch..." :lol:

LOL, I don't even look at the mileage. I know a tank of gas lasts me three weeks or so give or take. :lol1:

grabber blue gt

Established Member
It was discussed a few pages back from a friend of mine that discussed tuning devices with a tech he knows well at the dealership. Unless they get a work order from Ford telling them to dig deeper into the computer than a dealer can go, they can't go anywhere. But he did say that both SCT and Diablosport don't show traceable evidence at the dealer level to be seen.

Cool man, thanks for updating me. So basically you wont be denied warranty work if you tune back to stock UNLESS ford sends a rep and they ACTUALLY do find something

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Cool man, thanks for updating me. So basically you wont be denied warranty work if you tune back to stock UNLESS ford sends a rep and they ACTUALLY do find something

With the intune, yes. With sct, no. From my understanding, sct resets key counts among many other things that give away the cars been tampered with. Where the intune doesn't.

grabber blue gt

Established Member
With the intune, yes. With sct, no. From my understanding, sct resets key counts among many other things that give away the cars been tampered with. Where the intune doesn't.

Go back a few pages, shaun @ AED tested that and both SCT and Diablo DO NOT reset key counts and some other technical data (forget what it was) :p

Also what tuners are starting to tune with the intune? Steeda on it yet? I had steeda and switched to AED

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread