Diablosport Intune

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Had my stock no tune car at the dealership for two days this week for a stalling issue and the yellow wrench light come on and going off. Got the call today and they said there was no codes for the light and they had to remote my PCM to ford to have them read it. They didn't find any codes either but the dealer sent it to them because they thought I had tune the car.

So, we now know the dealership will contact ford and ford will remotely read the PCM better than what the dealer can. This is just an FYI. I'm not sure if I'm glad I didnt have a tune or sad. I kind of want to see if ford would be able to see anything from a tune.

Hmm - interesting... So I wonder, if you did have a tune they wouldn't of warranty the stalling issue?

acrbill

Established Member
WTF are you talking about. I never said anything about you trying to get something past the dealer. I was just saying they are not going to look at the ECU if you bring it in for a faulty fuel gauge. If you bring it in for something more serious they most likely will look into it.

i'm not sure if i've made myself clear, but i will give it one last shot. First, theres no way in HELL i would show up to the dealer with a blown motor expecting the dealership to replace the motor IF I TUNED IT, and it blew. Thats not the case, i will be held fully responsible for my car. " you gotta pay to play ". I'm not one of those guys that wants " something for nothing ". With that being said, i drive the car sensible and it don't abuse the car - i enjoy it. I'm not worried about gernading a motor, but i still do want my factory warrenty in tact. My task is simple. I'm out to find when I take the car in, if they can find any codes or footprints with the intune. And if they do, i'm not worried about it, and if they don't - thats fine with me too. Either way I will be a happy customer, being i got great service from JPC and the intune looks like a hell of a product!

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
WTF are you talking about. I never said anything about you trying to get something past the dealer. I was just saying they are not going to look at the ECU if you bring it in for a faulty fuel gauge. If you bring it in for something more serious they most likely will look into it.

I took mine in for a stalling issue and a wrench light that came on and went off. Once they couldn't find a code for why the wrench light came on ( just because I said it came on) they had Ford remotely read my ECU to try and locate any codes on the computer and to check the parameters of my ECU..that is word for word what the service writer told me. Why would they need ford to look at all the parameters of my ECU?

Last edited by a moderator:

acrbill

Established Member
What I find strange is that the dealer even bothered. My dealer would say they could not duplicate the issue and would send me on my way.

I took mine in for a stalling issue and a wrench light that came on and went off. Once they couldn't find a code for why the wrench light came on ( just because I said it came on) they had Ford remotely read my PCM to try and locate any codes on the computer and to check the parameters of my PCM...that is word for word what the service writer told me. Why would they need ford to look at all the parameters of my PCM?

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
I took mine in for a stalling issue and a wrench light that came on and went off. Once they couldn't find a code for why the wrench light came on ( just because I said it came on) they had Ford remotely read my ECU to try and locate any codes on the computer and to check the parameters of my ECU..that is word for word what the service writer told me. Why would they need ford to look at all the parameters of my ECU?

Because a stalling issue could be tune related. Also the computer can store previous codes.

gs462

Established Member
We offer our customers both SCT and Diablo as far as tuning goes. The trinity works the same way as the intune as far as the fingerprint discussion is concerned.

Yes, the trinity can display both spark and knock. In our JPC 2011 Car with the Paxton kit on it, we dont have any aftermarket gauges. We simply set the trinity up on the dash and it displays everything we need. We only offer a 10% discount on labor and a 5% discount on our parts we manufacture. I've got a few intune's left (We've been selling alot of them) but I'm currently out of stock on the Trinity's. I can get them within a few days though.

Swing by the shop sometime and I'll show you how it all works

AAron, I have 13 GT and I want to buy your over the axle pipes to wake up the sound of the gt500s, My question Is, Is there an X or H pipe that will bolt to the stock cats and give me a few extra HP?

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
AAron, I have 13 GT and I want to buy your over the axle pipes to wake up the sound of the gt500s, My question Is, Is there an X or H pipe that will bolt to the stock cats and give me a few extra HP?

I want to know this as well. :thumbsup:

jdcobra

Established Member
Mainly buying a 3" H or X pipe will help a bit but where you are gonna get the HP is by losing the cats

gs462

Established Member
Mainly buying a 3" H or X pipe will help a bit but where you are gonna get the HP is by losing the cats

Yea i understand this, but Im trying to keep my warranty intact, While making as much HP as I can.

ViciousJay

Established Member

like 5 hp, every mid pipe dyno has a tune that says they gain 18rwhp when its really the tune. i can honestly say that cats to catless i felt some nice mid range but otherwise id keep the cats

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
like 5 hp, every mid pipe dyno has a tune that says they gain 18rwhp when its really the tune. i can honestly say that cats to catless i felt some nice mid range but otherwise id keep the cats

A local shop here just did a `12 GT with a gt500 axleback and a KenneBell and a custom tune, nothing else and it made 608rw through the stock cats. Stealth like quiet and passes emissions like a stock car. :thumbsup:

dirtyd88

Much Wow!
Established Member
A local shop here just did a `12 GT with a gt500 axleback and a KenneBell and a custom tune, nothing else and it made 608rw through the stock cats. Stealth like quiet and passes emissions like a stock car. :thumbsup:
Caleb was telling me about that last night when I talked to him.

Eric@jpc

Established Member
Your not going to pick up huge power. Maybe 3-6 Peak.

However It will move the HP curve further out.

You will also get the Sound of an X

Users who are viewing this thread