Detune? I have a question. Dealer says 2014 GT500 was detuned. Previous owner did a Bama tune. Dealer put cats back on for inspection. Any thoughts?

Painter2014

Established Member
They won't give me a mods list or previous owners number. Looks like a cobra jet throttle body and bigger Cai. One salesman said pullies. But didn't get any specifics.

Painter2014

Established Member
They won't give me a mods list or previous owners number. Looks like a cobra jet throttle body and bigger Cai. One salesman said pullies. But didn't get any specifics.
Got a picture
20230904_110044.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Mods list and any related info would make me a bit more comfortable with this one, hearing that it was de-tuned.

cobracide

Established Member
Mods list would be nice, but not necessarily a deal breaker. If you are getting a good deal then all you need is a tune. A good tuner/mod shop should be able to figure out the mods.

Painter2014

Established Member
Ok...I got the low down. Dealer Installed high flow cats and did not re tune. Still has no cat mid pipe and stock pulley with tool. How will cats affect existing tune?

LS WUT

Established Member
I only wish the last owner passed along the tuner when he traded it in.
You’d be surprised. When I was going to trade in my Redfire I had the certificates, dyno graphs and such they said they didn’t want anything to do with them. I said they’re for the next owner. They didn’t take them. So I told them to reach out when the car sold and to give him my number so I could give him the stuff.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I won't say what I'm thinking, but would park the car till you get it straightened out..
I would never buy a GT500 with a Bama tune. They are ok with regular Gt’s.

Several stories have been shared about terrible Bama gt500 tunes. Granted it has been awhile since I have heard them but primarily because most stay from them.

Not sure what Alibi was thinking but I suspect it is similar.

Users who are viewing this thread