Detrimental Effects of High Boost (Upper/Lower Combo) on the Factory Eaton.

ITSTOCK

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraKindaGuy
I think I may have met this 19 year-old a-hole at a car show last summer near Horsham, PA. He started "loudly" making a scene that I should be easily be able to boost upto 21 lbs and that it would not cause a heat problem . I told him that it could not be SAFELY done without installing a much larger intercooler, probably in the passenger seat and not without changing the stock rear-end as well as a number of other engine pieces related to fuel, MAF etc. I told him the heat of the extreme boost would start melting down internals left & right.

He proceeded to tell me I didn't have a single clue about blowers and boost and that adding boost would not cause a heat increase...that they do it all the time at the track. I asked him if he ever once raced a car at the track to which he said no but that he goes there all the time. I then stated to him that perhaps then he should go out to the internet a do some research because HE apparently didn't know squat about cars.

His father was with him and rather weakly said to him that he needs to listen more when people are trying to explain things to him.....to which the kid promptly told his Dad that he (his Dad) didn't know anything either.

At that point I just told him to get the hell away from me and my car and come back when he isn't so dumb between the ears. To which he replied by flipping me the bird, walking away and saying I didn't have a clue about engines.

So this must be the same asshole that is dogging you.

HUH??? The LAST time I was at a car show with my father was when I was about 10 years old. I think you might just have the wrong perosn here ;-) . So that was a heart touching story, but I think you need to tell it to dr. phil. sorry, wrong person :thumbsup: . It was a rather funny story though! FWIW, I didn't have the cobra last summer, so I really don't know what the hell you are talking about.

BLOWN03, FOR THE MILLIONTH TIME, IT'S OBVIOUS ALL CARS SUFFER FROM HEAT SOAK BUT WHILE RACING IN THE 1/4 MILE MY CAR DOES NOT SUFFER IN PERFORMANCE FROM IT. Are you really that blind, bad at reading, or hard headed to NOT READ WHAT I TYPE!!!!?!?!?!

Wow, you guys make my reading comprehension skills feel amazing, since some of you seem to completely lack them. :whine:

BLWN03

I'm a Hustla Baby!!!!!
Established Member
ReAdInG Is FuNdAmEnTaL....i read your post and completely understand that.... you have NO FU*^ING clue what your talking about...I don't pretned to act like i know shit like you do..but i can tell you one thing....i'm 7 years older then you and have been RACING stangs for over 10 years..so i THINK i have some sort of knowledge about cars....And i have seen guys like you at the track...most of the time they think they are smarter than everyone else..and guess what....they go home on a trailor or flatbed cause they blew their shit up....good luck man..keep overspinning your blower and think that it has NO effect on your car.....YOUR BEING HARD HEADDED if you ask me. Take it easy FlIpFlOp.......

Last edited:

ITSTOCK

Established Member
wHAT HAVE i SAID SO WRONG??? YOU OBVIOUSLY can not read everything I type. I said that BACK TO BACK RUNS, AT ATCO (although I didn't include atco before), MY TRACK TIMES WERE NOT EFFECTED. I don't understand why this is being debated :confused: It happened, live with it. Could my blower of been getting hot?? OBVIOUSLY SO. WAS it enough to effect my trap speed, or 1/4 mile times?? NO. I have nO CLUE of how this is being hard headed.

plan b

hooters for looters
Established Member
Juiced46, Thats the chart I was looking for, JB posted it before on the MCT website.

Grey03Cobra

Established Member
Dominick,

Thanks for sharing. I learn more and more each day from reading posts here.

I can also attest to problems with heat.

I had the 2.80 upper and a stock lower. One day after a high speed run I heard a loud ticking coming from my engine. Well, after tearing my engine down it turned out I had melted the teflon off one side of my #7 piston. The side the teflon had worn off was grabbing the cylinder wall causing the tick, as well as some scoring to the cylinder wall.

My blower was fine (I since replaced it with a Whipple), but my piston took the blunt of the heat on that one. I replaced my pistons with some JE's, installed the Apten cooling mod, ordered the Gordsford HE, and ordered the Vortech coolant resevior (I put the battery in the trunk).

Hopefully with the more efficeint Whipple, as well as all the cooling mods I've done, I shouldn't have any more problems.

Again, thanks for sharing, and keep the info coming.

Last edited:

Dominick32

BANNED
Grey03Cobra said:
Dominick,

Thanks for sharing. I learn more and more each day from reading posts here.

I can also attest to problems with heat.

I had the 2.80 upper and a stock lower. One day after a high speed run I heard a loud ticking coming from my engine. Well, after tearing my engine down it turned out I had melted the teflon off one side of my #7 piston. The side the teflon had worn off was grabbing the cylinder wall causing the tick, as well as some scoring to the cylinder wall.

My blower was fine (I since replaced it with a Whipple), but my piston took the blunt of the heat on that one. I replaced my pistons with some JE's, installed the Apten cooling mod, ordered the Gordsford HE, and ordered the Vortech coolant resevior (I put the battery in the trunk).

Hopefully with the more efficeint Whipple, as well as all the cooling mods I've done, I shouldn't have any more problems.

Again, thanks for sharing, and keep the info coming.

Youre welcome!

Users who are viewing this thread