Detailing the Cobra... 56K=NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venomous Cobra

ballinn!!!
Established Member
that looks great man, i'm in the process of doing the same too my cobra, what did you use too make the a/c lines shiny silver like that just sandpaper?

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
Dekorum said:
Damn thats some good work dude. Your sick!
How did are you keeping the check engine light from coming on if you removed the entire EGR valve from the wiring harness? None of the damn EGR eliminators that plug into the harness worked for me, so I am currently leaving the EGR valve on the intake with the hole open and the passenger header capped off.

The Check engine light says on.... it really doesnt bother me. I will probably have it turned off with a tune.

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
Slow95Cobra said:
wow.... since your in NC, lemme know when your done.. i wanna see that up close...

are those deep dish RK's on the rear.... or 8.5's on all 4 corners? i thinking of getting some to replace the R's

Sure, like i said, it is not a show car.... so stuff will not be 100% perfect, but its a hell of alot better than it was!

8.5's all the way around, im happy with them for the money, dont feel like paying an extra 1K just to have a little bit bigger rims. Plus my 275's fit fine on them.

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
Venomous Cobra said:
that looks great man, i'm in the process of doing the same too my cobra, what did you use too make the a/c lines shiny silver like that just sandpaper?

I used ALOT of wire brushes and steel wool. Just beware, if you dont clear them, they will oxidize VERY quickly. But they do look good once all polished up.... or you could polish them just like any other aluminum piece, using different stages of sanding and componds.

Thanks for all the compliments guys, i am more excited than ever about finishing it!

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
TL95SVT said:
Sure, like i said, it is not a show car.... so stuff will not be 100% perfect, but its a hell of alot better than it was!

8.5's all the way around, im happy with them for the money, dont feel like paying an extra 1K just to have a little bit bigger rims. Plus my 275's fit fine on them.

thats fine... i just wanna see one all clean and fresh.. if i keep mine, when its time for paint, thats what i plan to do to mine.... but, i wouldnt mind selling it and getting a 99-01 vert

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
EGR Block Off Plate (ground to match the shape of the intake:
Cobra15.jpg

Powersteering line:
Cobra18.jpg

Last edited:

SublimeRT

'94 Slooowbraa
Established Member
How was taking that alternator apart? Pain in the ass? I'm going to take mine apart to polish as soon as I get my hands on an impact so I can get the pulley off.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Everything looks great!
just a tip: I've seen people paint the yellow plastic on the power sterring pump.
It looks much better than the yellow/white.

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
Very Easy! 4 little bolts that hold the electronics on, then 3 screws that hold the cover on. Took no more than 15 mins!

Also, i had the pulley taken off at Advanced Auto. I tried with my impact and it would not budge!

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
badass98svt said:
Everything looks great!
just a tip: I've seen people paint the yellow plastic on the power sterring pump.
It looks much better than the yellow/white.

What color? Black?

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
I am kind of a perfectionist... plus i have owned 13 mustangs in the last 5 years and havent been happy with any of them except the 04 cobra (which i couldnt afford). So i vowed with this car to do everything the way that i wanted, and to do it right the first time around.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I found 2 picsm of another members engine bay. I took them at FFW this year. See the black ps pump?
His engine bay is sooooo clean!

FFW14-1.gif

FFW15-1.gif

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
Slowly getting closer:

Took everyones advice and painted the plastic flat black:
Cobra17.jpg

Caliper Brackets - Smoothed, Painted
cobra60.jpg

Got some more stuff ready for paint, and i will probably assemble the engine this weekend. :D

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh man, your car is going to be sooooo clean!
I only wish mine were like that.
Glad you took the advice on painting the power steering plastic black

mcaligiuri

Established Member
the broken motor mount bolt, was it the front or back bolt and on which side. i had the same problem except both front ones broke on me. took it to the machine shop, so i am building up a new block. i know how pissed i was and i too tried like 30 different bits, snapped about 2 easy outs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread