Detailing the Cobra... 56K=NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

My94GT

Established Member
i try to make things more difficult then needed :lol1: dont stress about the pics if they arent the best just looking at general ideas. and as a previous DD that car looks stunning

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
It is a Jeg's aluminum catch can. (JEGS Hexagonal Recirculating/Overflow Catch Can - JEGS)

I did this mod a few years ago, so the one i have is the old style. At the time, this was one of the only cans you could get that had a mounting tab on it.

The old setup used to have a 90* fitting on the top of the can, then a drain on the bottom. To make it recirculating, i put the 90* fitting on the bottom and put the drain on top. I opened the drain, and now it acts as a vent.

Vent (I can actually reach down and adjust it)
CAN1.gif

You can see where i bolted the bracket to. Just took a bolt out of an existing bracket, and put my bracket behind the other bracket.
can2.gif

Bracket i made. Just a strip of aluminum from Lowes, that i cut and drilled holes in.
can3.gif

There are a lot more options now, i would probably go with a different can if i was to do it again. I like this one (JEGS Round Recirculating/Overflow Catch Can - JEGS). I would do the 90* fitting on the bottom, and the brass filter/vent on top.

Last edited:

97cobrastatus

Established Member
Your work has inspired me! Although i didn't go to the extent you did, I washed, waxed, claybarred the car. Simple greened the $H!!!!T out of the engine bay, took all 4 wheels off, cleaned them inside and out. Waxed the paint finish on the wheels! I even unbolted my exhaust and wetsanded it, and gave it that polished look!

I cant wait to buy a beater, so i can overhaul my car!

I must give you INSANE PROPS! Amazing work!

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
Your work has inspired me! Although i didn't go to the extent you did, I washed, waxed, claybarred the car. Simple greened the !!!!T out of the engine bay, took all 4 wheels off, cleaned them inside and out. Waxed the paint finish on the wheels! I even unbolted my exhaust and wetsanded it, and gave it that polished look!

I cant wait to buy a beater, so i can overhaul my car!

I must give you INSANE PROPS! Amazing work!

Thanks,

Its amazing how much better you can make you car look with a little elbow grease, time and a $5 bottle of simple green.

Now you just have to maintain it, the hard part is done.:banana:

aquill1

Established Member
That engine bay looks awesome. What's the reaction at shows?

Sorry to hear the problems your having, sounds just like me whenever I try a new project.

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
Wow.....and this is your daily driver?!?!?!? Incredible work man....love seeing people do this on their own.

I'd love to do this to mine yet I have NO idea how to pull an engine!!!!

Teksid281

Banned
Thanks! It gets alot of looks... but i drives like SHIT! I dont even drive it anymore... It just sits in the garage.

Modifying so many things at once created a billion small issues and its very discuraging trying to get them all worked out. I have creaks, leaks, vibrations, this, that and the other.

I can drive it to a show and win, but it sucks actually having to drive it lol.

So feel your pain bro. Everyone talks about my car like it is the coolest car in town...if only they knew how much I essentially loathed the rattle trap. Just can't bring myself to get rid of it.

Amazing work btw

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
That engine bay looks awesome. What's the reaction at shows?

Sorry to hear the problems your having, sounds just like me whenever I try a new project.

Thanks... Unless someone knows what a stock SN95 engine bay looks like, no one realizes all the work done to it. A lot just pass by it and say "clean" or "look how easy it is to work on". Kinda sucks in a way... everyone is attracted to chrome or a power adder. But just having one person actually look and notice all the small details, makes all my effort worth it.

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
Wow.....and this is your daily driver?!?!?!? Incredible work man....love seeing people do this on their own.

I'd love to do this to mine yet I have NO idea how to pull an engine!!!!

It was my daily driver before i tore it down, and 4 months after i finished it. I have a 93 Corolla now and LOVE IT. I dont miss working on the damn car every night just to be able to make it to work. Live and Learn.

Its not hard... Just do it, get a manual and learn as you go. Just take your time and do it right.

Last edited:

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
So feel your pain bro. Everyone talks about my car like it is the coolest car in town...if only they knew how much I essentially loathed the rattle trap. Just can't bring myself to get rid of it.

Amazing work btw

Im the same way, i want to sell it everyday... but i just cant do it! To much time and effort.

aquill1

Established Member
Crazy nobody notices it...the engine bays are cluttered to heck...oh well! As you said it has to be worth it when someone does notice. I noticed!:lol1:

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
Well i have been having problems with this fitting.... It builds up too much pressure and coolant comes out the top:
can2.gif

I found this cool fitting at work. It has a brass silencer on the top and it is adjustable. I will try this, and if it still leaks... i have another fitting i can use.
Fitting1.gif

Fitting2.gif

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
Slowly readding pics...

I deleted all the pics off my memory cards... BUT i found an old word file that i put all the pictures in!!!

I think i may make a better backup this time lol.

Last edited:

Dubbsy

Go big or go broke.
Established Member
I'd love to see some more of the pictures come back. I'm on the fence for my plans for next year - get ambitious like this or just drive the thing. My car spent the last 2 months of last season torn apart while I was being anal retentive.

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
I'd love to see some more of the pictures come back. I'm on the fence for my plans for next year - get ambitious like this or just drive the thing. My car spent the last 2 months of last season torn apart while I was being anal retentive.

I posted all the pics I had. I am missing some, but you still get the idea. Nothing like uploading 175 pictures AGAIN! lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread