Detailing the Cobra... 56K=NO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
could I please be sent the template also? trodenborg at hotmail.com :beer:

The template is on a piece of craft paper and I only have 1, it is not something I can email. Also, you can't just cut it out and expect it to fit perfect, it requires a lot of modification. After discussing the topic, I can offer this:

Board with extensions fitted to my car - $25 plus shipping

Board with fasteners - $30 plus shipping

Board with fasteners and fabric - $50 plus shipping

This way everyone can customize it any way they want.

I am not trying to make money or start mass producing these, but I will help out who ever wants one.

Last edited:

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
I have been running the new tensioner i bought for about a month, and i finally had a chance to detail it like the idler pulley. I painted the tensioner and polished the pulley/hardware.

Tensioner1.gif

Tensioner2.gif

Doesnt look as good as the aluminum pulley, but i feel much safer with it.

Last edited:

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
This was my weekend project. I had a small exhaust leak where the x-pipe connected to the header. Because i'm so anal... i just replaced everything!! I used stainless bolts to connect the x-pipe to the headers before, and i had to cut 3 out of 4 off. Needless to say, fixing the exhaust leak was a 3 day project!

Percy's Dead Soft Aluminum Header Gaskets - Jegs Part #760-66014
http://www.jegs.com/i/Percy's/760/66014/10002/-1

Napa Exhaust Flange Spring & Bolt Kit - Part #FPGES72142
http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPag...&Description=Exhaust+Flange+Spring+&+Bolt+Kit

Everything seals up perfect now... I cant believe what a small exhaust leak will do to power. I fell like i gained 50 hp lmao.

Last edited:

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
Radiator started leaking where the plastic attached the the aluminum... So i got this Mishimoto All Aluminum Radiator.
RAD.gif

I have been trying to get my pinion angle right, but i just didnt have enough adjustability, so i got these Metco's. They are AWESOME
CONTROL.gif

My passenger side tire started showing threads becuase the c/c plates werent adjusted right. Got Toyo Proxies this time to try out. I have heard good things about them.
TIRES.gif

Chris _Scott

NA FTW
Established Member
Dude, your car is just ridiculous honestly

...I just read through 11 pages and I am still amazed

beautiful snake!!

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
Dude, your car is just ridiculous honestly

...I just read through 11 pages and I am still amazed

beautiful snake!!

Thanks! It gets alot of looks... but i drives like SHIT! I dont even drive it anymore... It just sits in the garage.

Last edited:

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
where did u get your radiator from? i was looking into those but i was skeptical if it was any good cuz its so cheap! im assuming you may have been using the fluidyne one before?

Last edited:

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
Thanks! It gets alot of looks... but i drives like SHIT! I dont even drive it anymore... It just sits in the garage.

Modifying so many things at once created a billion small issues and its very discuraging trying to get them all worked out. I have creaks, leaks, vibrations, this, that and the other.

I can drive it to a show and win, but it sucks actually having to drive it lol.

lol... i could understand. i still need to come check that joker out

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
where did u get your radiator from? i was looking into those but i was skeptical if it was any good cuz its so cheap! im assuming you may have been using the fluidyne one before?

Ebay... But there are a lot of places that carry them. I still have the stock radiator in there, hopefully this will help the cooling a little.

It looked kinda sketchy at first, but i went off this thread:
Mishimoto Alum. Radiator - Corral Forums

After looking it over, the welds are very nice along with the overall quality. It is made in the USA, and their customer service is supposed to be very good. Only problem i have had so far, was how it was packaged during shipping. I received 2 that were damaged due to poor packaging, but the 3rd time was a charm.

Last edited:

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
lol... i could understand. i still need to come check that joker out

You are more than welcome.. Like i said, it hasn't moved in a month or two. I started it the other day and the battery was almost dead, if that tells ya anything. I plan to start working on it again soon, since i have some new parts. :D

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
You are more than welcome.. Like i said, it hasn't moved in a month or two. I started it the other day and the battery was almost dead, if that tells ya anything. I plan to start working on it again soon, since i have some new parts. :D

keep me up to date on the shows this year, i'll try to come check it out. i need to start workin on mine as well... i think we're in the same boat...lol

maniak87

All Nutz
Established Member
Ebay... But there are a lot of places that carry them. I still have the stock radiator in there, hopefully this will help the cooling a little.

It looked kinda sketchy at first, but i went off this thread:
Mishimoto Alum. Radiator - Corral Forums

After looking it over, the welds are very nice along with the overall quality. It is made in the USA, and their customer service is supposed to be very good. Only problem i have had so far, was how it was packaged during shipping. I received 2 that were damaged due to poor packaging, but the 3rd time was a charm.

yea thats the thread i was looking at too

love the work u have done man!

Goindeafonmtx

Established Member
You'll have to watch that radiator. My friend went through two. They both leaked where the fins meet the outer uprights. So he finally just went back to stock.

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
You'll have to watch that radiator. My friend went through two. They both leaked where the fins meet the outer uprights. So he finally just went back to stock.

Hopefully i wont have any problems, but that would be right in my ball park of luck lol.

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
I finally had a chance to put the radiator in...

rad2.gif

rad-1.gif

I don't really like the Mishimoto Tag, so i may put a piece of black vinyl over it to cover up the name. I don't want to take the plate off incase i have to send it back under warranty.

I also changed the setup on my catch can. I reversed it so the fluid will recirculate instead of just sitting in the can. It was all most full when i pulled it out.

Hopefully i can fix some other things tomorrow.

The first big car show of the year is coming up on April 5th. I plan to win a trophy, so i have already started cleaning :D

Last edited:

My94GT

Established Member
any pics of your catch can set up? oh and good luck with the show, its incredable to see how clean your car is now

TL95SVT

Clean & Simple!
Established Member
any pics of your catch can set up? oh and good luck with the show, its incredable to see how clean your car is now

Sure now you tell me lol... i could have taken some pics when it was off.:-D

Ill get under the car and get some.

Thanks, i hardly ever have this much time to clean, because it used to be my daily driver, im excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread