Demon on the Loose...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
They never will. A few reasons why:

1. Dodge is bankrupt and they have let the enthusiast guys run the show. SRT is one of the only groups making money for them

2. Tim K over at Dodge gets it. The Ford leadership guys are more concerned with making the plants zero emissions. Dodge could care less.

3. Domestic not Domesticated is a brilliant tag line. It's divisive, a little sexist, and everything a car guy wants to hear. Ford would never have the guts to say something like this.

4. It's called a freaking DEMON and previously a Hellcat. Those names are far superior than ZL1, ZR1 and GT350, GT500 when it comes to creating marketing hype. Tell an old lady a Shelby GT500 is coming out and then tell her a car named a Demon that was banned for being too fast at the track is also coming out, which one gets the attention?

5. Single purpose middle finger kind of car. We all know the GT500 will have less power and not best the Demon's 1/4 mile time. Sure it will be a better all around car, but being good all around does not give you a singular marketing hook like "World's Fastest Production Car".

6. Demon pops wheelies. Seriously, the first production car ever to pop a wheelie. That is marketing gold. Makes every person dream and smile when they hear that. Will the GT500 be the first to do anything?

7. With the ZR1 and Demon out, the GT500 won't blow anything away. It will be marginally better than a ZL1 1LE and that's about it.

8. Ford is so late to the game. Hate to say it but Ford has become a bit of a joke with how long it's taken them to respond to what Chevy and Dodge have released. GT350 is a great car, but my Hellcat walked on those things all day long. WAA WAA.

You are so right. Ford has no clue what they are doing.

Brand new car that wins Le Mans first time out. And they did it with more weight and less power than their competition.
This car is simply incredible with its tech, suspension, and full carbon fiber. They could have sold ten times what they are building even with the crazy $500k tag.
Oh yes people have offered to trade their avantador and f12 and 488 for one.

The 13 GT500 with 662hp started this crazy hp war that you’re giving fdc credit for.

The GT350/R still has more praise than the zl1, zl11le, hc, gt4, etc.
A Porsche factory driving school owns one. It’s that good.

They still can’t keep the GT350 in stock at MSRP.

The Raptor is cash cow for Ford. Quality and performance no one else has!

Yes Ben purchased the HC. But he sold it within a month. The ACR Viper is far better driver.

Again how is Ford failing?

conceptmachine

Established Member
maybe
One of the members on the Hellcat forum got his Demon delivered yesterday and it is sitting in his garage.
Looks killer, just still a little "iffy" on the fender flares for me.

Not iffy for me, its the main reason I cut my order. Its hideous like that. It would have looked 10x better with formed fenders, not those flairs that look like the were just thrown on.

I'd rather have panel gaps 2" wide than run something that they didn't even care to put any effort into. I'd also rather have my tires sticking out 4" and just have the regular challenger body than those flare outs.

01performanceredvertsnake

Established Member
maybe

Not iffy for me, its the main reason I cut my order. Its hideous like that. It would have looked 10x better with formed fenders, not those flairs that look like the were just thrown on.

I'd rather have panel gaps 2" wide than run something that they didn't even care to put any effort into. I'd also rather have my tires sticking out 4" and just have the regular challenger body than those flare outs.
Unfortunately that’s every single wide body I’ve seen recently, they’re all bolt on flares and some don’t even go the whole way down the wheel arch. If you’re putting time, money, labor, and paint into it actually cut the fender and add to it or at least reshape it, something.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
5. Single purpose middle finger kind of car. We all know the GT500 will have less power and not best the Demon's 1/4 mile time. Sure it will be a better all around car, but being good all around does not give you a singular marketing hook like "World's Fastest Production Car".

Lol Tesla will probably come out with a P150D Model S and take the title.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
If their new super car actually comes out it’ll wipe the floor with the demon with a supposed 0-60 of 1.9.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Yeah, I actually like the way the Roadster looks. It's so far the only Tesla I like.

The most important part of that car is the 200kw battery though. That will be a game changer.

TFStang

Established Member
if the demon is only a Beast on race gas then its hardly a beast.... to my understanding on 93 pump gas it makes 500 hp. thats a joke at 4300 lbs! thats a low 12 second car which was fast 20 years ago but a pig by todays standards.

I mean how many people are gonna even have access to a 100 octane gas? its not like you can go to ur local pump and find it. I guess one could add Torco to it every time they go out or fill up but thats kinda ridiculous for a $100k car!

so 99% of the time when Demon owners are out driving its with 500 "CRANK" hp which is like 450 rwhp. wow a $100k+ for 450 hp..... woooopie!

can't wait to smoke one by 10 bus lengths and then watch him pull off at the next street so he doesn't have to see that my Mustang GT embarrassed him!

Could you have more misinformation in your post???? A simple Google search would give you the facts needed for your post. Where in the world did you get your info from?! Lol.

TFStang

Established Member
They never will. A few reasons why:

1. Dodge is bankrupt and they have let the enthusiast guys run the show. SRT is one of the only groups making money for them

2. Tim K over at Dodge gets it. The Ford leadership guys are more concerned with making the plants zero emissions. Dodge could care less.

3. Domestic not Domesticated is a brilliant tag line. It's divisive, a little sexist, and everything a car guy wants to hear. Ford would never have the guts to say something like this.

4. It's called a freaking DEMON and previously a Hellcat. Those names are far superior than ZL1, ZR1 and GT350, GT500 when it comes to creating marketing hype. Tell an old lady a Shelby GT500 is coming out and then tell her a car named a Demon that was banned for being too fast at the track is also coming out, which one gets the attention?

6. Demon pops wheelies. Seriously, the first production car ever to pop a wheelie. That is marketing gold. Makes every person dream and smile when they hear that. Will the GT500 be the first to do anything?

7. With the ZR1 and Demon out, the GT500 won't blow anything away. It will be marginally better than a ZL1 1LE and that's about it.

8. Ford is so late to the game. Hate to say it but Ford has become a bit of a joke with how long it's taken them to respond to what Chevy and Dodge have released. GT350 is a great car, but my Hellcat walked on those things all day long. WAA WAA.

You have some valid points in your post, but Jeep is the big money maker for FCA, not SRT. The SRT vehicles are the ones that are supposed to get people into the showrooms to buy the other models. With 3K units planned, I don't think that Dodge is going to make money on the Demon.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
maybe
lol
Yeah, I don't really like it. Looks a little out of place for me. It may grow on me, we'll see.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
You are so right. Ford has no clue what they are doing.

Brand new car that wins Le Mans first time out. And they did it with more weight and less power than their competition.
This car is simply incredible with its tech, suspension, and full carbon fiber. They could have sold ten times what they are building even with the crazy $500k tag.
Oh yes people have offered to trade their avantador and f12 and 488 for one.

The 13 GT500 with 662hp started this crazy hp war that you’re giving fdc credit for.

The GT350/R still has more praise than the zl1, zl11le, hc, gt4, etc.
A Porsche factory driving school owns one. It’s that good.

They still can’t keep the GT350 in stock at MSRP.

The Raptor is cash cow for Ford. Quality and performance no one else has!

Yes Ben purchased the HC. But he sold it within a month. The ACR Viper is far better driver.

Again how is Ford failing?

Bro, you don't get it. You are arguing about the merits of the car. We are talking about MARKETING the car to create HYPE and CONVERSATION and overall ALLURE of the vehicle. Nobody outside of a few car nuts even knows what a GT350R is. Ford doesn't market it's performance cars much. That's what we are saying. Dodge has gone ALL-IN on marketing the Demon and it has succeeded in creating a vehicle that has more hype and mainstream press than anything Ford has ever released.

I'm not arguing Ford doesn't build great cars. They do. They just don't care to market them. And GT350s are all over the place to buy. It's the R people want.

In 20 years, which car will be more in demand? Dodge Demon or 350R? Which car is more in-demand now. DEMON wins on both fronts.

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Bro, you don't get it. You are arguing about the merits of the car. We are talking about MARKETING the car to create HYPE and CONVERSATION and overall ALLURE of the vehicle. Nobody outside of a few car nuts even knows what a GT350R is. Ford doesn't market it's performance cars much. That's what we are saying. Dodge has gone ALL-IN on marketing the Demon and it has succeeded in creating a vehicle that has more hype and mainstream press than anything Ford has ever released.

I'm not arguing Ford doesn't build great cars. They do. They just don't care to market them. And GT350s are all over the place to buy. It's the R people want.

In 20 years, which car will be more in demand? Dodge Demon or 350R? Which car is more in-demand now. DEMON wins on both fronts.
Did you forget about the Ford GT?

That's also a marketing car for Ford.

Also, GT350R's are still selling over MSRP used.

conceptmachine

Established Member
I wanted the R way more than the demon. Now, I’m not sure if I’ll want the GT 500 more than the R but I don’t need to know because I’m getting it so I’ll find out then. I have enough in my toy fund to get any of them, I just didn’t care to get the demon because of styling. Had they made wide body panels specifically for the demon and wide body hellcat, I would have pulled the trigger. It’s not good enough for me as it sits. I’ll be happier in the GT500.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
What makes you think you'll be happier in the gt500? You know absolutely nothing about it, 0, nada, none, zilch.

For all we know it could only be offered in Pink with black bed liner'd Bushwacker fender flares bolted on with drywall screws.

But you already know it'll be better.

Lol... ok.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
One of the members on the Hellcat forum got his Demon delivered yesterday and it is sitting in his garage.
Looks killer, just still a little "iffy" on the fender flares for me.

maybe

Not only are the bushwacker flares obtrusive, but the ride height with 28" tires creates a pretty noticeable gap.

038-Dodge-Demon-2018-gallery-desktop.jpg

conceptmachine

Established Member
What makes you think you'll be happier in the gt500? You know absolutely nothing about it, 0, nada, none, zilch.

For all we know it could only be offered in Pink with black bed liner'd Bushwacker fender flares bolted on with drywall screws.

But you already know it'll be better.

Lol... ok.
Ummm...where did I say where it will be better? I said I'm not sure I'll like it better than the R. Then I said I'll be happier in the GT500 than the Demon. Happier doesn't mean better but I'll go out on a limb and say it will be better.
Next time read what's written and respond intelligently.

I'll be happier because I know what I like in cars and as long as it' s even 1/2 as good as the GT350R, I'll like it better than what the Demon is offering which is straight line speed and that is all. Ford won't disappoint me in the looks department, I'm sure.

EDIT: but you are right, I suppose they could somehow **** it up, but it would need to be monumental errors.
Taking into consideration of what was said in another forum about this car. If true, I will like this car. If untrue, I may still like this car. Who knows, I may love it! You are correct tho, there is a slim chance I'll hate it. Hmm... v6

Last edited:

conceptmachine

Established Member
Gimmie11s,

Man, u were right. I just seen a post on another forum from an insider that the big dog is coming in 2019 and will run 2 years but there will be an even more powerful, more sophisticated version coming in 2021 on the s550 chassis still. So what I'm trying to say is you got me man, I give up trying to figure this out.
Sounds like I have a long, long wait. Best to just wait it out and see than to get hopes shot down.
We tried to get more out of him but nothing.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Not only are the bushwacker flares obtrusive, but the ride height with 28" tires creates a pretty noticeable gap.

View attachment 1446084

That's just not right...:( wish they would have made panels for it. Seems way off there. They need it to come over the tire so it goes up into well. Just think how nice a designed, real wide body would look! They missed their chance on that deal, but I totally understand why they didn't do it. It' s a lot of dough.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread