Demon on the Loose...

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I don’t care what the next gt500 does. No way it beats a demon in a straight line and that’s all I care about. No ****s given about curves.
So when you getting a Demon?
I hear you.
Outside a road course I'm sure the Demon would still be fun on a curvy road--very sticky 315s on 4 corners can do that right?
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL! I love this forum... you guys are awesome!

The GT350 is my favorite car to drive. And I'm not just saying that because we are on SVTPerformance either. I have 12,000 miles on that bad boy.

I'm not too sure about modding the car. If I do... it will be about beefing up the drive line and weight savings.
Really glad to hear that because I'm leaning toward dropping the Hellcat Charger for a truck and Lightning Blue regular GT350 with an Injected Engineering twin turbo and Flex fuel tune, no other mods except 350R replica wheels.
The 350R I drove made me feel it was the best total package Mustang I'd ever driven minus 150-200hp. Plus I just miss shifting gears and the truck would cover the 4 doors/winter/tow thing.
-J

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I hear you.
Outside a road course I'm sure the Demon would still be fun on a curvy road--very sticky 315s on 4 corners can do that right?
-J

I've had the Hellcat on the road course. Obviously it was nothing like the GT350, but I was able to keep up with turbo Golf's and other small cars while in the novice groups... which was pretty darn good considering I was a novice at the time.

The biggest reason I am buying the car is so I can run 10's in a car I drove to the track, as is. If by the Grace of God, I pop a 9.x anything, that would be awesome too. However, I do plan on taking the Demon on the road course a few times. SRT engineers swear that even though its a drag car, if you leave the 315 on all 4 corners, it seriously outperforms the Hellcat on the circuits.

Really glad to hear that because I'm leaning toward dropping the Hellcat Charger for a truck and Lightning Blue regular GT350 with an Injected Engineering twin turbo and Flex fuel tune, no other mods except 350R replica wheels.
The 350R I drove made me feel it was the best total package Mustang I'd ever driven minus 150-200hp. Plus I just miss shifting gears and the truck would cover the 4 doors/winter/tow thing.
-J

That sounds like a plan. A GT350 with twins will be sick! You know I love MOPAR too, but if I could only have one... it would be the Mustang.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
I hear you.
-J
I’m saving for a hellcat Challenger to replace my scat pack as a daily. The demon just won’t work for what I need.
To make a demon work I’d have to get rid of the Shelby and I can’t do that. That was always my dream car.

The new gt500 while I’m sure will be an upgrade over my 14 will not be as comfortable for me. The new mustang platform is a little smaller. My 14 is good for my size. I just fit in the recaros.

Wife would prefer I get a raptor like my dad as a daily as she thinks a hellcat is stupid for this purpose in Mass.

I always do stupid things.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I hear you and had same wife response but the Charger has been great on performance snows.
Good to have these 'problems' deciding which badass car best. Can't really go wrong anyway.
-J

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
I should have my Demon soon. I have a VIN# and a common color.

I'll say this...for the money and all the $1 extra's you get, DODGE has made buying / owning DEMON feel like a monumental moment in automotive history. Everything surrounding this car indicates just how special they know it is and how special the automotive world knows it is.

Sure there will be better all around cars. But DEMON. Wheelies. Transbrake. Line Lock. Air chiller. Demon crate. It's the details and extra mile they went that separate the DEMON from cars like the new ZR1, ZL1 1E, GT350...etc.

I wanted a Ford GT500 so badly as my next car. But Ford kept stalling. I can only imagine that the Hellcat's totally F#@Ked up Ford's plans for the GT500. And The DEMON probably messed up their plans even more.

I love that DODGE is making a single purpose monster. Going to be unreal.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Plans won't change. I thought the same thing, the reason why ford is taking so long is because of the unknowns that came to light. An insider corrected me saying that it's a monumental expense to change things up on the fly. Programs are roughly 5 years in advance of debut. Ford had plan with this GT500 and they are sticking with It, nothing has changed because of the demon. He noted that insiders pretty much know exactly what their competitors are working on prior.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I've had the Hellcat on the road course. Obviously it was nothing like the GT350, but I was able to keep up with turbo Golf's and other small cars while in the novice groups... which was pretty darn good considering I was a novice at the time.

The biggest reason I am buying the car is so I can run 10's in a car I drove to the track, as is. If by the Grace of God, I pop a 9.x anything, that would be awesome too. However, I do plan on taking the Demon on the road course a few times. SRT engineers swear that even though its a drag car, if you leave the 315 on all 4 corners, it seriously outperforms the Hellcat on the circuits.

your HC challenger should run in the 10's with just DR's.

I should have my Demon soon. I have a VIN# and a common color.

I'll say this...for the money and all the $1 extra's you get, DODGE has made buying / owning DEMON feel like a monumental moment in automotive history. Everything surrounding this car indicates just how special they know it is and how special the automotive world knows it is.

Sure there will be better all around cars. But DEMON. Wheelies. Transbrake. Line Lock. Air chiller. Demon crate. It's the details and extra mile they went that separate the DEMON from cars like the new ZR1, ZL1 1E, GT350...etc.

I wanted a Ford GT500 so badly as my next car. But Ford kept stalling. I can only imagine that the Hellcat's totally F#@Ked up Ford's plans for the GT500. And The DEMON probably messed up their plans even more.

I love that DODGE is making a single purpose monster. Going to be unreal.

Agreed. All the commercials and promoting on this car, for such low production is awesome.

Dodge is killing it, no doubt about that....

+65000. Ford really needs to step up. I enjoyed my SHO when I had it, and I bet the Fusion Sport is a nice car, but Ford had nothing to even compare with the 392 Sedans much less the HC sedans. I may never go back to Ford for my ultimate performance toy.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
your HC challenger should run in the 10's with just DR's.

I agree... there are many folks in the Hellcat.Org group that put DR's on it and ran 10.8's with no issues.

What I should have posted is... I'm addicted to buying cars and I'm just trying to justify to myself why I should by it. LOL

DepWraith

Established Member
Not so sure Dodge is killing it. I don't want Ford to come out with a $90,000 GT500 and only make 3,000...defeats the purpose. I'd rather have a $75,000 GT500 they made 6,000.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Not so sure Dodge is killing it. I don't want Ford to come out with a $90,000 GT500 and only make 3,000...defeats the purpose. I'd rather have a $75,000 GT500 they made 6,000.

What your gonna get is 11-12,000 built, and 80K price tag. You might get a 75K base if they sell them that way.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

What your gonna get is 11-12,000 built, and 80K price tag. You might get a 75K base if they sell them that way.

Great... 2 of you both with "insider knowledge" passing around nonsense that you know nothing about.

Awesome!

Demon is one bad bitch that has all the auto makers reeling! Good on you Dodge.

conceptmachine

Established Member
I am just estimating. If you look at the 2013-2018 SVT/FP vehicles, they build anywhere from 5-6,000 units a year (aside from the '15 350. I don't see why this one would be any different. Also, regarding price, looking at the way other cars are priced, the GT500 should be priced anywhere from 70- 80K loaded. Last GT500 was 67500 loaded (minus vert). I'm thinking add 10K to that price for the new one. I'm going of statistics, estimates, of course nobody knows exacts, maybe not even ford at this point.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
I heard they are only making 50 of them and they are using a lottery system out of the previous GT500 owners to select 100 people for a cage match. Whoever wins the cage match will win the privilege of paying 1.5 million for the car... and its all gonna be on PPV.

I also heard that BLM is going to be protesting the event because the canvas in the octagon is white, clearly a symbol of white privilege and hate.

DepWraith

Established Member
I'd bet conceptmachine is very close on price, expect low to mid 70's. That's also why I mentioned I'd rather have FP make 6,000 cheaper cars rather than the 3,000 expensive ones Dodge did. 3,000 doesn't spread around the country too much and is a big driver of those stupid ass dealer mark ups.

Users who are viewing this thread