Votes: 21 7.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi-Hat

Established Member
Sonic 4.6-

You are running 4.56s?

How in the hell were you going 160+ MPH at 5000RPM with 4.56s? Wouldnt 4.56s at 5000RPM be more in the 120MPH area?What am I missing here?

BTW, awesome video.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Hi-Hat said:
Sonic 4.6-

You are running 4.56s?

How in the hell were you going 160+ MPH at 5000RPM with 4.56s? Wouldnt 4.56s at 5000RPM be more in the 120MPH area?What am I missing here?

BTW, awesome video.

Oh, I cut the clip short for that little video. I made that one because some people were saying AWD was soooooo much better then RWD. :D

Anywho, If I remember right, I was just above 6k when I let off. I think that would be a hair below 160mph or so. The driver of the STi said that he hit 160mph when he let off. Its kinda weird, because the car has NO power when you first shift into 5th, but then it starts going again once you start getting into your power. Lol, I had to try it at least once.

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Oh, and to add to the above post:

You shouldn't be racing above your trap anyway. I was just because I'm stupid. That is yet another reason why 4.56s are perfect, because they fully take care of your 0-120mph.

Hi-Hat

Established Member
sonic_4.6 said:
Oh, I cut the clip short for that little video. I made that one because some people were saying AWD was soooooo much better then RWD. :D

Anywho, If I remember right, I was just above 6k when I let off. I think that would be a hair below 160mph or so. The driver of the STi said that he hit 160mph when he let off. Its kinda weird, because the car has NO power when you first shift into 5th, but then it starts going again once you start getting into your power. Lol, I had to try it at least once.

Gears are a little distant in the future as of now for me. But I want to go with at least 4.10s when I get there. For having 4.56's those were some pretty sweet launches. Are you running a solid axle/subframe connectors or what? What kind of/size treads do you got?

Orange Stang 04

Electric Green FTW
Established Member
Hi-Hat said:
Gears are a little distant in the future as of now for me. But I want to go with at least 4.10s when I get there. For having 4.56's those were some pretty sweet launches. Are you running a solid axle/subframe connectors or what? What kind of/size treads do you got?

He still has the IRS.:rockon:

sonic_4.6

Cobra Commander
Established Member
Hi-Hat said:

Stock IRS with el-cheapo ebay subframe connectors and BFG 315 DRs.

99-SVT-Cobra

Established Member
wow, I thought 4.10 was the way to go, now after reading this thread I am torn between that and the 4.30. this is not a daily driver and I plan on adding a procharger in the next month or 2.... guess I have some more reading to do and I will find a coin to flip.

Last edited:

CobraG

Established Member
99-SVT-Cobra said:
wow, I thought 4:10 was the way to go, now after reading this thread I am torn between that and the 4:30. this is not a daily driver and I plan on adding a procharger in the next month or 2.... guess I have some more reading to do and I will find a coin to flip.

With a power adder, you may want either 3.73's or 4.10's. I know, I was torn too, since I'm not doing a power adder I'm going with 4.30's :rockon:

99-SVT-Cobra

Established Member
CobraG said:
With a power adder, you may want either 3.73's or 4.10's. I know, I was torn too, since I'm not doing a power adder I'm going with 4.30's :rockon:

Thanks for the feedback, I have been here for a couple month, this was my first post as I like to research before asking questions that I know have been gone over countless times.

CobraG

Established Member
99-SVT-Cobra said:
Thanks for the feedback, I have been here for a couple month, this was my first post as I like to research before asking questions that I know have been gone over countless times.

No problem, without questions this board would be useless and pointless too, so it never bothers me when people ask stuff no matter how many times it's been gone over, we all have to start somewhere :)

I hear you on that, I do that too, especially when your going to spend your hard earned money, best to do research and ask lots of questions, a lot of these guys have been there done that so I take what they say into account a lot.

Welcome to the board btw :beer:

99-SVT-Cobra

Established Member
Thanks again, well it was heads...(j/k) I just ordered a FR 4.10 and will get that installed in the coming weeks. Worst case, if I dont like it and I upgrade to a 4.30, but anything has to be an uprade over the stocker. No toy or project is ever done as I also have a AWD DSM (no laughing) that has continued to be a money pit, so I am very famliar with the tweaks and trial-error process to find the right mix for each individual driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread