Deer vs my Shelby gt500!

03slaminator

Established Member
Well just like the title says. I hit a deer last night taking a friend home and when I was heading back to my place I hit a deer on the highway. I was doing 55mph and he jumped out of the woods and I tried to slow down but it was to late. The buck was a good sized deer. Probably a 10 point if I was to guess. I'm gonna go look for him today when I get off work.

My car is a 2011 sterling grey svtpp car. Just bought it back in March of this year. Iv put about 10k miles on it so far. And now this happens. The hood has a small crease in it. The bumper is not cracked from what I can tell but it is spider webbed. The driver fender is toast. Driver headlight is toast. And I can't open my driver door. I'm just glad the buck didn't go up and over the hood into the windshield.

The good thing is, I do paint and body work on the side. So I will be fixing this myself and won't have to pay anyone to do it. But I'm debating on what headlights I should go with. If I can find a decent deal on some 13/14 headlights then that's what I want to put in it. Also not sure if I want to fix the hood or if I want to just try to find a used cowl hood or possibly just buy a new one if they are reasonable on prices.

So if anyone has any of these parts for sale please let me know. It's deer season. So everyone please watch out and be safe. Thanks!

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Zemedici

Established Member
Copart for the headlight
Fender shouldn’t be too bad from ford actually
And nice cowl hood - bam good as new

Glad you’re alright dude, could be in the shape I’m in!

SirShaun

Established Member
Ouch. Glad you didn't catch airbag in the face or anything. I smacked a deer in my 2006 and was impressed how well these cars hold up to hitting deer. Doesn't look too bad considering.

Throw a big cowl on it, make room for a big Whipple/KB :)

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Do the headlight update, and just get it back to OEM. Those cars are pretty enough as it is. But also do the 13/14 grill!

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Oh, deer me. That will cost a few bucks to fix!

Good luck with repair...............

Do we have a GTFO emoticon?

Glad it was more of a glancing blow than one that sent it into your windshield.

I hit my first deer in our Malibu last year. Quite the “oh ****” moment.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I've hit two deer right on the left headlights just like that twice in the past 25 years. This time of year and right at dusk both times.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Sorry to hear about that. One thing that I've learned in life though, it could always be worse. But that does suck.

03slaminator

Established Member
Any suggestions on 3-4inch cowl hoods? I like the more rounded style hoods vs the squared off cowls. If that makes any sense.

And ya Iv been meaning to paint the snakes either black or go back with a factory sliver/black snake. And do black calipers. The previous owner painted them, it's the Lamborghini green I think is what he told me.

If you look closely at the snake then you all will see that the buck crapped all over it. Lol

CV355

_
Established Member
Glad you're ok. Several co-workers of mine hit deer over the past 2 weeks. Those 4-legged accidents are out in crazy numbers- almost hit one myself the other day.

Gotta be careful out there.

03slaminator

Established Member
Hey zemedici, how do I look for parts on copart? All I could see was full vehicles.

Copart for the headlight
Fender shouldn’t be too bad from ford actually
And nice cowl hood - bam good as new

Glad you’re alright dude, could be in the shape I’m in!

Users who are viewing this thread