Death

GodStang

Established Member
Losing my son 3 months ago it's all I think about. Not as much mine but more of losing my daughter or wife.

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
My feelings on the subject of life and death are well expressed in the quote in my sig.

Yee Haa!!! As for me personally, I agree.

I always think about it. It gets me all freaked to realize one day im just not going to exist.

If you know Jesus, death will be like waking up from a nightmare.

The ever present question: Is there life after death?

I don't know and it doesn't matter to me as for me personally. I find no scientific evidence to make me believe that once you are dead, you are anything more than dead.

But, although I don't know what will happen to me or my soul after I die, I do know what can happen to my loved ones when I die. The ability of my children to be taken care of, have the advantages of life, be loved and cared for, and make a good life for themselves would be dramatically reduced with my death at this point. So I fight to live for them.

And worse yet, what would happen to me if one of my children died.

Losing my son 3 months ago it's all I think about. Not as much mine but more of losing my daughter or wife.

Let me offer to you my most heart felt regrets and sorrow for the loss of your son. There is nothing I can ever say that will deminish your pain or reduce your loss. But please know you have my deepest sympathy and respect for living through it. I can't imagine how I could.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
I have several close calls a month, but it never really bothered me. I'm more worried about family members and close friends dying.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
I worry that I will die without accomplishing all my personal goals.

Same here. I am not really afraid of death, but I am afraid of the unknown, not being able to see what happens with the world, and not being able to get to retirement so I dont have to work for a few years before croaking.

Speaking of old parents, my dad is getting pretty old now. I think he is 69 now. I live a few states away and its killing me inside not being able to see him more often.

Basically it comes down to this for me. I will live life the way I want to, the best way I know how. I cherish life everyday.

As far as the religious aspect of it, the way I look at it. Im not going to look forward to death or think there is anything else. Because if there isnt anything after death, then im not going to regret not doing something just because of a fear of God or death. Not to say I would do anything illegal or bad. Im just not going to let God, wether he/she/it be real or not, dictate my life. Because its MY life, and I only get one.

FYI I do believe in a 'God', just not the all caring, loving, violent, smiting, and involved God. Nor heaven as the bible describes it. I guess if I had to put what I believe into words it would be something like either a higher plane of exsistance or re-incarnation. The only reason I could see re-incarnation (not the same type as buddism) is because according to science, energy cannot be created or destroyed. Just transfered. So is some small way, you would be reborn into other people.

Anyway I digress. Going to do my best not to worry about it, just live my life.

Last edited:

7.62x51

Established Member
This fallen world is spellbound. That really is the best way to describe it. And the enemy has done this by design.

As long as Satan can keep the world focused on anything BUT Jesus, then he wins in the end.

Let me ask you this.

Let's say you see a blind man crossing a street, and their are vehicles coming at him at a high rate of speed.

You knew if you didn't do anything - it would be certain death for him, and this man is blind - and he doesn't know any better.

However you run out there to save him, but he tells you to leave him alone. You try desperately to get him to the side of the road, but he just curses at you and calls you a fool.

To make the matter worse, you have people on the side of the road yelling at YOU to leave him alone, and that you should mind your own business.

Now let's apply this to Christianity. Whether you think Christians are crazy or not, we truly do believe with all of our hearts and soul that if you do not know Jesus at the time of your death, you are destined for an eternity in Hell. We didn't make the rules, this is the message we are trying to get across.

So it is much, much more than just trying to "push our religion" onto you. Regardless, I am not affiliated with any Religion. I just have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. In fact, I despise religion.

We are trying to save you, even if we don't know you...because NOBODY, not even our worst enemies, deserve Hell. It really is that bad. We don't get anything out of getting you saved, we do it for YOU.

God doesn't want anybody to go to Hell, but he can't just make himself visible to the world and warn them to turn to Him. If He did that, people would worship Him out of fear. He wants to love you, and he wants us to love Him. He wants a relationship with us. That is why He created us in the first place. This can only happen if we first come to Him on our own accord.

If you just take that first step into seeking Him, he WILL show himself to you. Once our eyes are opened and we see HIM, then we finally become these 'crazy Christians' who believe in fairy tales, lol.

I'm not crazy, and most consider me a very intelligent person. I can tell you that years ago, I took that first step. I thought it was all a joke but I wanted to know for sure. At that moment, God opened my eyes and my life was changed in an instant, and I have never been the same (thankfully). I can tell you without a glimpse of doubt in my mind, that God is VERY real. His name is Jesus.

Words just can't describe it, you really need to have a relationship with Jesus to understand.

The best part, is not only does God give you an incredible life on earth, but you know where you are going when you die - and you know where you are NOT going as well.

The worst part - I now understand that so many people are where I was years ago before I met God. A majority of the population are standing is the edge of a massive inferno, and they don't even see it - and they laugh when you tell them the truth.

A simple prayer can not only change your life, but your eternity.

If you read this and you are all of the sudden interested in this stuff, it's no coincidence...God is trying to speak to your heart right now. Don't ignore it, you may not ever get another chance. Please PM if anybody has questions.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
aHahahahahahahahah let the car hit the twit if he wants to die that badly so be it.

stangin99

Established Member
I don't ever really think about it. I'm actually more scared of living as a vegetable or being paralyzed for the rest of my life. If I ever reached that point I'd probably have someone pull the plug on me.

Don't get me started on how selfish the religious are regarding death.

M.O.E

Screw head
Established Member
My take on this, is i just wanna get this over with. once i'm outta of my prime i see no point on trying to hang on and become a baby all over again and depend on other's to wipe my butt :shrug:

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
My take on this, is i just wanna get this over with. once i'm outta of my prime i see no point on trying to hang on and become a baby all over again and depend on other's to wipe my butt :shrug:

:lol:

yeah, because that happens to all old people. tell that to my 72 year old grandfather who still plays tennis and golf on an almost daily basis.

M.O.E

Screw head
Established Member
:lol:

yeah, because that happens to all old people. tell that to my 72 year old grandfather who still plays tennis and golf on an almost daily basis.

Lol. give it some time and you'll be the one to clean him up. Everyone is different some luck out and some don't. I'm 26 and already had a mild heart attack. And i do watch what i eat and wit not, idk :shrug:
It seems my family fades out aroud 50 or so. I just have bad luck in this area i guess.
I seen so many of my friends and family die these past few year's. shoot my girlfriend pastaway last year at 27. I'm just waiting for my turn no joke can't wait :pepper:

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
oh **** here we go with the bible thumpers.

Just because someone is sharing their beliefs on life after death (which is what the thread is about) does not make them a bible thumper, or mean they are pushing religion on you. If you don't want to read it, then don't. :idea:

LaFlavor

Established Member

Really? That seems like the best part. I can't wait to make people wipe my ass.

Then I'll go around stealing stuff, acting like I'm demented or something, giving people poo for the birthday. Awesome!

esqeddy

VENUMUS
Established Member
WOW! Its almost odd that I created this thread and within days have a death occur of close proximity to my family. My step son's and step daughter's uncle committed suicide. I have yet to get a clear picture of the circumstances. Self inflicted shotgun blast to the abdomen? Yea, that happens all the time. I must be missing some serious facts.

Anyway.... see my next thread....

Dying with Dignity vs. Suicide

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
interesting thread, i like the concept of having to balance NOW and LATER. for me, smoking cigarettes is like the life/death thing with me. cigs are the best way for me to calm down when things get stressful but i know im burning the candle at both ends by doing it. but then again, anytime i go to a retirement home i always come to the conclusion that i couldnt ever live in a place like that where i cant even take care of myself and im serving no real purpose other than waiting for the end. I think 70-75 would be a good time to kick the bucket, unless im in super good shape still. Like my grandfather, he was outside chopping wood and lifting cinderblocks well into his 80s.

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
Lol. give it some time and you'll be the one to clean him up. Everyone is different some luck out and some don't. I'm 26 and already had a mild heart attack. And i do watch what i eat and wit not, idk :shrug:
It seems my family fades out aroud 50 or so. I just have bad luck in this area i guess.
I seen so many of my friends and family die these past few year's. shoot my girlfriend pastaway last year at 27. I'm just waiting for my turn no joke can't wait :pepper:

nah, your time's up when it's up. no need to dwell on it, imo. so when it comes to old age, i think of people like my grandfather rather than others who suffer at an older age. after all, a positive attitude never hurt anything.

but you have to also know that he's been active like that his whole life. if you sit around watching tv all the time, then i can easily see how you'd end up relying on people to prop you up on the porcelain throne. lol.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread