Death

s_x_i

Established Member
I try to think about it in as practical of a way as I can... try not to dwell on it too much. Wife and I both have a will and I have been shopping some better life insurance quotes here just this last week (thanks to the insurance thread in roadside) She knows all the details of our investments if anything were to happen.

If I do die early, I expect you guys to make a nice thread about me. :beer:

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
I used to think about it a lot. I've resigned it as being a fate we must all suffer and, per my own faith, another beginning. I've quit thinking about it nearly as much, the only part that even remotely worries me, is the pain and mourning my family would go through if it happened early in life, but that is a bridge they will have to cross if they come to it.

7.62x51

Established Member
I would be completely terrified of death if I didn't know Jesus. Not because I don't know what's on the other side, but because I do.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
I have a practical view on death. It'll happen at some point. I don't let it run my life. I prepare for it as much as possible at 28 years old but really what can I do?

endless381

Established Member
Ive been thinking about it alot.....My sister that just graduated from App state that has also been very active in church that always went by the bible an always did right got cancer back at the 1st of the year an just died in June.Then on July 4th my best friend was acting a fool on his bike an lost control an crashed into a mailbox an died.Not realy sure what to think because he never once went to church but my sister did.I want to belive in a 2nd llife but it just all seems to fake kinda like thooth fairy easter bunny or Santa clause...

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
should never be scared of death, for those of u who are religious, you know its not the end, its like finding the light at the end of the tunnel, the anticipation is crazy... when that day comes, accept it, smile and know, you are about to leave a life of pain and misery... whether it was great or not, your soul will be free and will find peace... seriously... im on my way to A stan and made my peace with god, family and friends... it may be funny to some but im not religious, however i have my beliefs in god, and death is a fascinating thing, it will be that answer on the tip of my tongue... you know when you have the answer to something but you cant quite say it and suddenly you remember it... thats what death is like to me... and may be odd, but im ready when god is ready...id like to live a full life but if not, no biggie... my ultimate question will finally be answered

why we are here

and for those non believers, its still a great thing, because NDE's have stated a feeling of peace and conscious of knowing your dead and a separation from the body. And in alot of cases watching your self leave your body... however, if you feel nothing happens, thats fine, but everyone atheist and believers will find peace when the D comes around

Death is a great thing you shouldn't think negatively, it helps end the misery of life and lets you pass on to that great afterlife that everyone questions and thinks about...even if that afterlife in some minds doesn't exist

Last edited:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
Ive been thinking about it alot.....My sister that just graduated from App state that has also been very active in church that always went by the bible an always did right got cancer back at the 1st of the year an just died in June.Then on July 4th my best friend was acting a fool on his bike an lost control an crashed into a mailbox an died.Not realy sure what to think because he never once went to church but my sister did.I want to belive in a 2nd llife but it just all seems to fake kinda like thooth fairy easter bunny or Santa clause...

you can believe in an explosion, or you can believe in God....your choice.

just because you live your life right doesnt mean you wont get sick and die. Death is a consequence of sin. And all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Luckily, as a Christian, I only have to die once and get to avoid the second death (hell).

ITRIEDEL

Established Member

endless only thing i can tell u is find yourself... and look for answers from there...do your own research, ask questions... dont take every body's word...

without starting a debate, i will tell you i believe total science however science had its limitations, and i do believe religion has been changed over the years by humans as a tool (no offense u guys), however it had to start somewhere... before it was manipulated by humans

a physicist named Lord Kelvin said

"If you study science deep enough and long enough it will force you to believe in God"

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
My feelings on the subject of life and death are well expressed in the quote in my sig.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member

Tough times man. Sorry to hear about your loved ones.

C-Tidda

Established Member
When it's your time to go it's your time, I just hope I get my goals accomplished before I go.

Never_Enough

Established Member
I think about it fairly often. It's one big reason I am not one of those let's save everything for retirement folks. I may not be around to enjoy it then.

Users who are viewing this thread