Dearborn should have done this already

va boy

Established Member
I did the Redline hood strut and hood latch mod (credit to Evilcartman) tonight.
It is soooo much more enjoyable to raise and lower the hood now, didn't make the car any faster, but still 2 worthy mods, I highly recommend both.

Blueline

Established Member
I have the MRT hood struts, def. a much cleaner look that the hood prop. The hood goes up so nice.

va boy

Established Member
How easy or difficult to do either one of these installs? A lot of drilling involved?

The hood latch mod takes 15 minutes and costs nothing, aside from a washer.
Just type in hood latch mod under the search button.
The hoods struts do require drilling, but it's really not a big deal, just measure twice and drill once.

BBCOBRA

Established Member
The MRT kit has a bracket, so no drilling. The Redline kit requires drilling.

I have the MRT and love it. I like how this kit it closer to the hinge tucked back out of the way.

Great mod.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
redlines here. painted brackets, filled the rivet holes and painted the heads as well.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You should post a photo of the finished product. Sounds like you're very happy. As you can see, the MRT kit is popular as well. Both do work well. IMO struts should have been standard from the factory.

va boy

Established Member
I'll have to do that Bob, I also went ahead and installed one of your gasket kits that I've had for a year. Works just as described, thanks for a great product.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Awsome I was looking at some of these. Think I'll probably go the MRT route though, don't feel like drilling anything. Anyone have pictures of custom paint to match color of there car?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'll have to do that Bob, I also went ahead and installed one of your gasket kits that I've had for a year. Works just as described, thanks for a great product.

You'll like the strut. Glad you liked the shifter gasket kit. I'm happy that YOU'RE happy. :thumbsup:

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
I went with MRT as well i believe they are even cheaper than Redline...didnt have to do any other mods for it to work.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I like how the MRT ones are closer to the hinge so they don't get in the way while working on the car, but I have the polished stainless Redline ones, and they look and function really sweet!

cobracide

Established Member
This is a good idea, hate that cheap hood prop. Also the no-drilling is a big plus in my book. Jumping on the MRT with matching paint.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
Here is what the polished stainless Redlines look like

010-4.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread